Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
(and my nemesis Dizzy)
LMAO.

The rent is so free. :finally:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding Yamao's nami face scandal, don't know why people are referring to Oda's other arc princesses and using them as an excuse. It's literally the opposite. The Rebecca gang have a Nami face because it's Oda's go to model for a significant female that he wants to be pretty.

But when Oda wants an actual straw hat, and not just a significant princess of the arc, he designs someone like Robin. Robin is her own design. She isn't Nami with some adjustments. She's distinct and Oda made an extra effort since she was going to be a main character in the crew. Oda's done this same thing with every single straw hat. They're all their own designs.

Whereas Yamao is very clearly drawn from Nami and then Oda made some adjustments after. That's the difference. Oda's been drawing manga for over 20 years. He knows how to design a totally new character when he needs to. He just chose not to for Yamao since she's likely not gonna be straw hat.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
LMAO.

The rent is so free. :finally:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding Yamao's nami face scandal, don't know why people are referring to Oda's other arc princesses and using them as an excuse. It's literally the opposite. The Rebecca lot etc. have a Nami face because it's Oda's go to model for a significant female that he wants to be pretty.

But when Oda wants an actual straw hat, and not just a significant princess of the arc, he designs someone like Robin. Robin is her own design. She isn't Nami with some adjustments. She's distinct and Oda made an extra effort since she was going to be a main character in the crew. Oda's done this same thing with every single straw hat. They're all their own characters.

Whereas Yamao is very clearly drawn from Nami and then Oda made some adjustments after. That's the difference. Oda's been drawing manga for over 20 years. He knows how to design a totally new character when he needs to. He just chose not to for Yamao since she's likely not gonna be straw hat.
Claims to live rent free in my head, then writes some long ass treatise about why he’s wrong

Yeah, I’m sure the first thing she would do after joining is reveal every single one of the world’s secrets for her new friends without any context :lawsigh:
I'm obviously not suggesting that she would, but she'd still know everything and, in my opinion, that goes against the spirit of discovering and growth of the crew. Just imagine Robin finding out the erased history and Yamato like "LoL sis, you can't imagine how much I wanted to spoil you during these last months!".

Dare I say it, but the longer the arc goes on, people will start to like Yamato more. Im already seeing people accept it and flip sides.

There's tons of things we don't truly know about the character, namely her relationship with Kaido, her powers, her past, and what motivates her character in general. And its all there, its all be hinted at since she was revealed.

Unlike Carrot, she has a mysterious aura about her that is being presented, precisely excuse the above needs more characterization.

Patience is key here, just like everything else this arc.
Uh, I feel like Yamato is the least mysterious straw hat candidate, info dumping her whole character sheet during the Introduction didn't help. Did we learn anything new or the impression of the character changed from the flashback with Ace? Not for me.

I'm obviously not suggesting that she would, but she'd still know everything and, in my opinion, that goes against the spirit of discovering and growth of the crew. Just imagine Robin finding out the erased history and Yamato like "LoL sis, you can't imagine how much I wanted to spoil you during these last months!".
I've said this before, but what yamato might see as important might not actually be in the long run. she called it her bible yes, because it's what got her through these 20 years. If all she's had from hearing from the outside world is either from Ace the newspapers and Oden's logbook.... her view might be a little skewed. but who knows.

The big problem with Yamato is that she's a walking spoiler. She knows what is written in Oden's diary and that's exactly the type of information that Luffy doesn't want to even hear about, Robin wants to find out by herself, etc.
I highly doubt she will be spoil anything to crew even if it was written. Knowing personality I definitely think she’ll keep it to herself. Jinbei literally heard the one piece real by whitebeard. He didn’t say anything to luffy about it.

Uh, I feel like Yamato is the least mysterious straw hat Sanjidate, info dumping her whole character sheet during the Introduction didn't help. Did we learn anything new or the impression of the character changed from the flashback with Ace? Not for me.
?

- Hidden power
- Hidden past
- Hidden motive

And that's after all of this exposition with Oden and Ace. Theres clearly a ton we don't know.

Not sure where this anti-bias is coming from. People act like Brook or Jinbe or the first 6 strawhats were the most overtly mysterious people.

Status
Not open for further replies.