Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest questions regarding the topic of this thread is: Straw Hat Crew will get a Logia user?
Don't talk about Smoker or Caribou. These are two of the most nonsense ideas the fandom ever had.
@vikas @Electricmastro @Staticshadic @ShinmenTakezo @Luffy bin Dragon
Monet or Caesar made even less sense than Smoker, if that´s even possible.
If Monet is really dead, which i doubt, i am behind Nami getting it, since it would fit her powers anyway, and also would give a somewhat acceptable excuse for her to beat one of the Blackbeard members, probably Catarina.

Yamato is a Zoan though.

The way Yamato's character is receiving special attention from Oda, that's how a future strawhat should be.
Luffy entrusted Momonosuke to Yamato the same way Robin was to Franky and Franky was told the exact same thing by Yamato so he knows what it means. There are so many factors going for Yamato right now, its like the readers are being spoon fed the next and last crewmate. Also should the new world recruits have a prior connection to Ace as requirement? It seems to be heavily hinting toward it too. There are tons of evidences to support that argument, just like an apprentice or someone paralleling Oden who happens to be again Yamato.

Carrot is ca rroting away, she was never meant to be strawhat material. If it was Oda's intent she would have been at the forefront of the story from Zou and given unique focus. She keeps being the sidekick of Wanda, Nami or Chopper. What do you expect of the offscreen fight with Perospero? Wanda & Carrot vs Perospero is the same as saying WCI Sanji & Franky vs Katakuri, they both get washed. Its completely ridiculous. Worst case scenario Wanda dies, Carrot goes batshit crazy and no one cares cause her plotline is irrelevant and she's out of gas.

Joining the crew

Yamato - 75 %
Carrot - 0,00000000000000000000000000001812292016151516 %

They waste time by giving weak arguments why their favorite side character will join the crew. Anyone who can examine the flow of story can clearly see Jinbe is the last crewmate, no one Luffy met after the timeskip is joining.
Luffy said he wanted at least 10 people to join him. In one of one piece magazine’s according oda when luffy’s says he wanted at least 10 people join him he wasn’t talking about himself that was include. That only leads room for one to go. If you look individual chapters we have story they have all title number when they joined or rejoin the crew
1. Zoro
2. Nami
3. Ussop
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. Jimbei
10. Unknown

Last edited:
They waste time by giving weak arguments why their favorite side character will join the crew. Anyone who can examine the flow of story can clearly see Jinbe is the last crewmate, no one Luffy met after the timeskip is joining.
I was on the same thought, that after jinbe if someone is going to join it would be an old friend or acquaintance. And eventually thought having jinbe as last is better. But with yamatos case I probably feel bad for her character if she doesn't join at this point. Not sure what exactly oda has planned for her though, given her late but very effective introduction in the arc

With Monet, I thought of that... maybe after her death also people speculated about nami/Carrot getting that DF... but that idea is down in flush. And at this point I doubt we would get any logia. Even the most releavant contender doesn't seem to be Logia.
If carrot or other minks with snow DF won't be good because minks speciality is electric element that come from their body, meanwhile snow is an insulator so it would affect their electricity

If nami get monet DF, I think it would be a great help for her because she needs some electrical resistance from her own technique. Imagine that she can do melee fight with climate tact under her thunder cloud and has resistance because of her snow logia body. With that DF nami would become weather master :finally:

If carrot or other minks with snow DF won't be good because minks speciality is electric element that come from their body, meanwhile snow is an insulator so it would affect their electricity

If nami get monet DF, I think it would be a great help for her because she needs some electrical resistance from her own technique. Imagine that she can do melee fight with climate tact under her thunder cloud and has resistance because of her snow logia body. With that DF nami would become weather master :finally:
I actually prefer Nami to have Zeus instead. Nami's epithet is that of a witch right now, as implied by Ussop too in Zou. And having a familiar fits a Witch's epithet. Though if she gets something like Zeus, I hope its done in a good way(i.e. BM giving it herself instead of stealing).

I am not for nami getting devil fruit. I think takes away her being relatable character alongside with ussop. I don’t know weather Zeus will return to her it seem as right now he very loyal big mom as right now. If big mom we’re to die Zeus is pretty much gone and none existence. I think nami might likely gain observation haki. Possible control clouds and her environment.

Yamato have pretty good chances, but maybe she gonna lead remains of Beast pirates but Ally with Luffy
She already says she doesn’t want to take over her father’s organization she doesn’t consider them to be allies anymore. She wants go adventure on her own. Through out ever chapter we have been getting with Yamato lately she doesn’t really want to Associate herself with him anymore and she basically distancing herself from him. Which is very unlikely she doesn’t want to take over the beast pirates. Plus she comes from abusive father I don’t think it would be good message for her as character take over his organization. That didn’t allow live her life they way wanted to for 20 years. Knowing how kaido’s organization/crew constructed the beast pirates are likely be disbanded and go back to being former captains of the crews once again.

Last edited:
I am not for nami getting devil fruit. I think takes away her being relatable character alongside with ussop. I don’t know weather Zeus will return to her it seem as right now he very loyal big mom as right now. If big mom we’re to die Zeus is pretty much gone and none existence. I think nami might likely gain observation haki. Possible control clouds and her environment.
Why is it takes away her being relatable character? Snow is also a kind of weather.

With snow she can be reptile exterminator though. Just like usopp said. Because reptile is cold-blooded, they could not stand cold weather.

Despite snow is cold, monet and nami has warm heart for kids. It's not bad to have the DF from someone who is also caring for PH kids.

Last edited:
Why is it takes away her being relatable character? Snow is also a kind of weather. With snow she can be reptile exterminator though. Just like usopp said. Because reptile is cold-blooded, they could not stand cold weather
Yeah but I don’t think she wants lose her ability in order swim. I can possible see vegqpunk maybe make mod to her climb tact incorporates ice or snow

Yamato have pretty good chances, but maybe she gonna lead remains of Beast pirates but Ally with Luffy
Nah, not happening, she doesn't want to be part of them.
Post automatically merged:

Why is it takes away her being relatable character? Snow is also a kind of weather. With snow she can be reptile exterminator though. Just like usopp said. Because reptile is cold-blooded, they could not stand cold weather
She can use her knowledge to get weather effects. So it's not really required. Moreover, it will be heavily under utilized too.

Yeah but I don’t think she wants lose her ability in order swim. I can possible see vegqpunk maybe make mod to her climb tact incorporates ice or snow
Nah, not happening, she doesn't want to be part of them.
Post automatically merged:

She can use her knowledge to get weather effects. So it's not really required. Moreover, it will be heavily under utilized too.
Fair enough that could also happening. But as I said it would be a great help if she is resistant to her own techniques (thunder, snow, or even ice)

Reform, rehibiliate? I think she will be succesor to Kaido just like Katakuri to Big Mom
Through out ever chapter we have been getting with Yamato lately she doesn’t really want to Associate herself with her father anymore and she basically distancing herself from him. Which is very unlikely she doesn’t want to take over the beast pirates. Plus she comes from abusive father I don’t think it would be good message for her as character take over his organization. That didn’t allow her live her life they she way wanted to for 20 years. Knowing how kaido’s organization/crew is constructed the beast pirates are likely going to be disbanded and go back to being former captains of the crews once again.
Katkurai is well respected member of his family that was cared well love by every family member. He wasn’t prisoner Under his mother’s organization he just hid true personality away from his siblings. The only person who knew about this was Brûlée. It’s was because duel with luffy he was able break out of his cool older persona. Now he can be himself after his fight with luffy. I can see katkurai taking over big mom organization if she were die. Plus katkurai has never been shown any ambitions outside of big mom organization despite him having conquor kings.
I see Yamato and katkurai situations to be completely opposite in terms how they were treated by those around them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.