Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop pretending that Yamato is trans? When we have actual trans characters like Kiku it's made clear. Yamato is almost always refered to as female or "daughter of Kaido". She doesn't identify as male, she identifies as Oden. She even got mad at Luffy when he called her the masculine version of her name.
Might as well let Sanji and Brook walk into any women’s bathhouse and women’s dressing rooms that they want by simply saying “We’re women at heart.” There’s definitely a difference between referring to yourself by a word and personally dedicating yourself to living the lifestyle behind that word.

The way I see it, Yamato isn’t referring to herself as a man out of a dedicated gender lifestyle choice, but pretty much out of desperation to keep Oden’s will alive as a way to not only to escape from Kaido’s abuse, but also save Wano from the suffering he’s causing to them. I don’t think that’s really comparable to Kiku’s situation, whom I’ve felt referred to herself as a lady as a dedicated gender lifestyle choice on her own personal terms, not on the terms of someone else whose will she’s trying to keep alive. Because Kiku certainly isn’t going around saying she’s a woman because she’s Momo’s dead mom or anything of the sort, so it’s more personal that way, and all the more clear as to how you want to go about your own life as opposed to impersonating someone else’s life.

If Yamato will continue to refer to herself as a man after the Wano Country arc, then I’m pretty sure it would be best for everyone if she did it on her own personal terms as a lifestyle, and not out of basically pushing aside who she is out of desperation by impersonating someone’s dead dad.

One thing that keeps me up at night is not knowing whether Luffy would support the latest COVID stimulus bill in Congress.
:laughmoji:
Also was Usopp the second gunman in the JFK assasination?
Fairness is not a given in piracy. McConnell is a Yonko Commander Level Pirate
Post automatically merged:

Is that Raccoon carrot? :zorothink:

Status
Not open for further replies.