Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg, an official OP columnist at Shueisha just posted the following on Arlong Park forums:
I've made it a point not to ask about any other crew members behind the scenes so I'm comfy commenting on it but given Oda's comments regarding the full crew in battle mode, I think it's totally possible we get Carrot and Yamato out of this. I can think of plenty of reasons for Yamato to stay in Wano for reasons of stability and protection but I'm hard-pressed to think of any reason for Carrot not to tag along.

That said, at this point, joining the crew means...*very little* from a world perspective. Or, at least it will.
-He can see the possibility of both Carrot and Yamato joining
-He can also see plenty of reasons for Yamato to stay in Wano for stability and babysitting protection
-But struggles to see any reason for Carrot not to continue with the straw hats
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been mentioned many times in this debate. People always point out what Carrot's lacking as a candidate, but fail to ever provide sensible reasons as to what she would do at the end of Wano if she doesn't join. Some say she'd form the Nox pirates again in order to prepare for the dawn. Yet those same people also think the dawn will have already happened by the end of Wano.

Some say she'll join the fleet. In which case she'd be less significant than Orlumbus which even a hardcore Carrot anti would struggle to say in good faith.

It's clear Carrot's not old nor mature enough to form her own crew. That could work for Yamao, but certainly not Carrot.

The only other option is arguing that she stays on Zou. But again, these are the same people who vehemently claim that because Yamao wants to adventure, there's zero chance she doesn't get to adventure. Carrot's wanted the same thing from far before Yamao even existed as a character.

So you're pretty much left with nothing. No excuse that makes any real sense for her character. That's because it just makes ALL the sense for the character that absolutely loves adventure and absolutely loves the straw hats to simply join them in their adventure, the same one that she's already been made a part of.

Last edited:
Greg, an official OP columnist at Shueisha just posted the following on Arlong Park forums:

-He can see both Carrot and Yamato joining
-He can also see plenty of reasons for Yamato to stay in Wano for stability and babysitting protection
-But struggles to see any reason for Carrot not to continue with the straw hats
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This has been mentioned many times in this debate. People always point out what Carrot's lacking as a candidate, but fail to ever provide sensible reasons as to what she would do at the end of Wano if she doesn't join. Some say she'd form the Nox pirates again in order to prepare for the dawn. Yet those same people also think the dawn will have already happened by the end of Wano.

Some say she'll join the fleet. In which case she'd be less significant than Orlumbus which even a hardcore Carrot anti would struggle to say in good faith.

It's clear Carrot's not old nor mature enough to form her own crew. That could work for Yamao, but certainly not Carrot.

The only other option is arguing that she stays on Zou. But again, these are the same people who vehemently claim that because Yamao wants to adventure, there's zero chance she doesn't get to adventure. Carrot's wanted the same thing from far before Yamao even existed as a character.

So you're pretty much left with nothing. No excuse that makes any real sense for her character. That's because it just makes ALL the sense for the character that absolutely loves adventure and absolutely loves the straw hats to simply join them in their adventure, the same one that she's already been made a part of.
Yes SHs will babysit her. :cheers:

As far as I remember his theory is that near enough everyone the Strawhats have met on their travels will be considered a Strawhat, which is why he said it “means... very little” if Carrot and Yamato joined, which is a strange thing to say

So Carrot and Yamato would be Strawhats... but so would Momo. And Hancock. And Vivi. And Shirahoshi. And Bege. And Law. And so on, and so on.

So I’m firmly against this particular analysis, because in my view Strawhats do mean a lot.

Where would Carrot go otherwise? Frankly, I don’t care. She can go in that pineapple ship the Minks have and have an adventure. I‘m sure there‘s enough Minks that want to go with her, they were all keen enough to go to WCI to rescue Sanji.

Where would Carrot go otherwise? Frankly, I don’t care. She can go in that pineapple ship the Minks have and have an adventure. I‘m sure there‘s enough Minks that want to go with her, they were all keen enough to go to WCI to rescue Sanji.
They will be the ones who will form the New Nox Pirates who will locate other Poneglyphs in the world, particularly those which can be found in the Blue regions...

As far as I remember his theory is that near enough everyone the Strawhats have met on their travels will be considered a Strawhat, which is why he said it “means... very little” if Carrot and Yamato joined, which is a strange thing to say

So Carrot and Yamato would be Strawhats... but so would Momo. And Hancock. And Vivi. And Shirahoshi. And Bege. And Law. And so on, and so on.

So I’m firmly against this particular analysis, because in my view Strawhats do mean a lot.

And that´s the answer since Oda does not either. Remember the dude who has been jizzing his pants at the thought of even meeting a Strawhats for 2 years?

This is the reason for him to not tag along even as an ally to meet the ones he has not yet.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Love to have a useless crew mate who needs to be babysat all the time, we definitely need more people with no point or substance clogging up the little remaining panel time in the series instead of a quasi-YC level character who can actually defend herself and others without waiting for a full moon. Always having to tell the lookout to “look out” will be a TON of fun on the way to Laugh Tale 🙄

Love to have a useless crew mate who needs to be babysat all the time, we definitely need more people with no point or substance clogging up the little remaining panel time in the series instead of a quasi-YC level character who can actually defend herself and others without waiting for a full moon. Always having to tell the lookout to “look out” will be a TON of fun on the way to Laugh Tale 🙄
To be fair, Chopper will probably make some kind of rumble ball type solution that lets Carrot go Su Long whenever she wants if she joins. Su Long Carrot can handle herself, and is definitely one of the coolest characters in the series.

To be fair, Chopper will probably make some kind of rumble ball type solution that lets Carrot go Su Long whenever she wants if she joins. Su Long Carrot can handle herself, and is definitely one of the coolest characters in the series.
That would just make her even more of a female Chopper than she already is though

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
That’s the only way it would work for her, otherwise she’s fairly useless in terms of strength :kayneshrug:

It's more than likely she'll continue following the crew. It's already been foretold she'll know of their importance and this in relation to the Dawn of the World, which as we have discussed @Garp the Fist won't be resolved just because Wano opened their borders. Whitebeards dying words are proof of that.

No reason for Oda to bring up these threads with her and not do anything about it.
She’s going hunting the Poneglyphs the Strawhats aren't going to find, that’s been obvious ever since we discovered that there are thirty, the Strawhats don’t need to (and aren‘t going to) find them all and Pedro was a Poneglyph hunter.

She’s going hunting the Poneglyphs the Strawhats aren't going to find, that’s been obvious ever since we discovered that there are thirty, the Strawhats don’t need to (and aren‘t going to) find them all and Pedro was a Poneglyph hunter.
Garp, back in Oro Jackson, you were saying Carrot was going to be dropped off on Zou when WCI was finished when Luffy had made it clear descending Zuneisha that they were going to meet up in Wano together. Didn't see the obviousness then.

She's not finding Poneglyphs when the story had never made it obvious. What has been obvious and foreshadowed were that she was going to eventually confront Perospero to avenge Pedro and eventually understand the Straw Hats importance and the Dawn of the World. The Nox Pirates purpose was to lay the foundation for this moment prophesied 800 years ago, Pedro had already prepared for it, and Oda's comments have stated post Wano is the final saga.

Don't see how you're not seeing that.

Garp, back in Oro Jackson, you were saying Carrot was going to be dropped off on Zou when WCI was finished when Luffy had made it clear descending Zuneisha that they were going to meet up in Wano together. Didn't see the obviousness then.
I don’t remember saying that, but I’ll take your word for it.

She's not finding Poneglyphs when the story had never made it obvious.
It’s obvious to me that’s where the story is going. Mentor character was a poneglyph hunter who died telling mentee to help- not join- the Strawhats, makes sense that his mentee follows in his footsteps and helps in the same manner the mentor did.
What has been obvious and foreshadowed were that she was going to eventually confront Perospero to avenge Pedro and eventually understand the Straw Hats importance and the Dawn of the World.
Which leads to Carrot going “oh, you guys need Poneglyphs, I’ll sail around and get them for you like Pedro did!” Cause there‘s thirty out there in the world, the Strawhats have came across like ten, and only need one more for their final destination. Unless Elbaf has like ten Poneglyphs of its own, someone else needs to go get them for the Strawhats, cause, as you've said-
Oda's comments have stated post Wano is the final saga.
Meaning the Strawhats simply aren‘t getting all those Poneglyphs themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.