Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Zoro is able to use Kine’mon’s Fire cutting technique basically rules out any reason for him to join the SHs.

Add also the fact Law took great issue with looking like he took orders from Luffy also rules out any chance of Law joining the SHs.

In essence, both Kine’mon’s and Law’s chances to join have gone to 0% in my eyes.
Agreed, I never saw Law as a possibility to be honest. But Kinemon, his chances are good as shot since Zoro can cut flames for the crew easily without his help. No need for someone with the same skills.

The fact that Zoro is able to use Kine’mon’s Fire cutting technique basically rules out any reason for him to join the SHs.

Add also the fact Law took great issue with looking like he took orders from Luffy also rules out any chance of Law joining the SHs.

In essence, both Kine’mon’s and Law’s chances to join have gone to 0% in my eyes.
I mean I agree about Kine'mon, I don't think he ever had a chance to join lol... he never had a dream or any real reason to join Luffy's crew xD

But wdym about Law? Him arguing with Luffy about not being a straw hat, imo, only makes it more likely that he will join lol. If following Luffy's orders didn't make him subordinate to Luffy... why bring it up to begin with? Sanji, Zoro, Chopper, and Franky also refused to join the crew at the start lol. Saying that cuz Law says he wont join is not a good reason at all... you don't know how Oda writes

If Law took that much issue with it, then it makes me wonder why he choose to transport Kinemon and the others just when Luffy happened to say what he said, as opposed to a minute earlier or a minute later. Whatever the case, Law looked cool doing what he did. lol

Here's what people usually say about them (primary cons) :

- Yamato : late intro / not foreshadowed
- Law : rival in pirate king goal, can't have the same member with that
- Carrot : no above average / excellent skill
- Smoker : not a "free spirit" (has other loyal affiliation)
- Momo & Tama : too weak & too young, all SH can handle themselves
yamato con also she doesn't really have distinctive dream that make her relevant till EoS compared to Carrot (seeing the dawn that been waiting by minks for ages) and law (search the meaning of D)

If Law took that much issue with it, then it makes me wonder why he choose to transport Kinemon and the others just when Luffy happened to say what he said, as opposed to a minute earlier or a minute later. Whatever the case, Law looked cool doing what he did. lol
I can see Law continue to be a companion with the Straw Hats Post-Wano and maybe even all the way to Raftel.

But can’t see Law ever consent to becoming a subordinate of Luffy at this point. What would even be his role? Doctor? The SHs already have one of those.

As the big Kin’emon for Strawhat fan, this chapter wasn’t where the argument died, it was when Yamato showed up. She’s taken all the potential story developments that Oda could have given Kine’mon and we’re now expecting them to go to her. The idea was that Kin would be the Wano representativ, inheritor of Oden’s will, asked to go by Luffy and Momo to ensure that Wano is involved in the final days of One Piece.

That can all still happen... but it’ll be Yamato doing it, not Kin.

Since I mentioned a while back that at this moment in time there are no reasonable suggestions for where Carrot could actually go if she doesn't join the crew, I'll at least provide my own idea for Yamao post Wano.

I always thought about the opening of Wano's borders as a single event. Something that would be done at the end of Wano and then that would be it. But after understanding more about the dawn and looking at the actual purpose of Wano opening its borders, it's more about working with others and cooperating instead of doing things solo (something that ties back into Oden's character).

So whilst the physical borders will be open by the end of the arc, outsiders won't just automatically start flooding in, as if by magic. Wano still would've been isolated from the rest of the world for 800 years. It would have no connections, regardless of the status of the borders. And so after first opening the borders, Wano needs to further reestablish its bonds with the outside world. Momo as both the shogun of Wano and a Kozuki is really the only one for the job.

I see Momo's first role after Wano to be to travel to other nations, reconnect severed bonds and to ask for their aid in the fight against the WG. I think Yamao will be Momo's guardian in this journey. But what would be the point in any of this happening? Multiple reasons:

1. Prove Momo's worth as a shogun by personally taking up the task of reconnecting Wano
2. Show the people of Wano that they need not be afraid of the outside world
3. Explain why Yamao thinks Momo will guide the world to the dawn
4. Show Momo not blaming Yamao for her father's sins like Wano citizens did before (the main thing that led to Orochi and Kanjuro becoming villains)
5. It would combat Wano's sexism by having a woman as his guardian
6. It would allow Yamao to be her own person whilst still carrying out Oden's will
7. Yamao could protect Momo like she swore she would die to do if necessary
8. Yamao can travel and explore by visiting many different nations
9. Yamao and Momo can make proper use of Oden's journal through encouraging nations on why they should fight
10. It gives them both an active role in the series post Wano

Tama might even leave with them too since just like Yamao, after bonding with Ace she too wanted to travel out to sea. In addition she's also expressed a desire to protect Momo and longs to be a ninja, a combat position. Whilst she'd be a liability in a fight against the BB pirates like the straw hats will be going into, on a mission like the one I proposed her powers would be very versatile and useful. There are also the theories of her being a kurozumi so who knows. Many of the points for Yamao also apply for her. Meanwhile the scabbards who are battered from the decades of hard service can relax by having the easier responsibility of rebuilding and protecting Wano, entrusting Momo to Yamao whilst they're on their expedition.

Feel free to point out the things I may have overlooked.

I can see Law continue to be a companion with the Straw Hats Post-Wano and maybe even all the way to Raftel.

But can’t see Law ever consent to becoming a subordinate of Luffy at this point. What would even be his role? Doctor? The SHs already have one of those.
I mean, even when Zoro takes orders/suggestions from Luffy, that doesn’t make him any less of a person or a “lackey”, does it? I know Zoro isn’t a captain, but what should Law have done instead, have Law ignore Luffy to the point of choosing to leave Kinemon and the others to suffer more pain on the battlefield?

I mean, even when Zoro takes orders/suggestions from Luffy, that doesn’t make him any less of a person or a “lackey”, does it? I know Zoro isn’t a captain, but what should Law have done instead, have Law ignore Luffy to the point of choosing to leave Kinemon and the others to suffer more pain on the battlefield?
Literally nobody has argued that Zoro is any less of a person or a “lackey” for taking orders from his Captain. But Zoro has shown repeatedly that he would give up his life (the Kuma scene) or his pride (bowing to Mihawk) for the sake of Luffy’s dream over his own.

Would Law make the same sacrifices to Luffy over his own crew? Of course not. Law temporarily ended his alliance with the SHs when the loyalty of his crew was questioned by Shinobu. He then left on his own to rescue them. His own crew is his greatest priority.

What do you think the point of that scene in chp 1001 was? Oda inserted that scene to clarify that Law would have removed the scabbards from the battlefield regardless of Luffy’s orders. And Oda again showed us that Law has no interest in taking any orders from Luffy and was visibly angry for even the appearance that he was taking orders.

But let’s overlook all this for a second. What would Law’s unique role in the SHs even be? The SHs already have a doctor. Having another doctor would be repetitive. It’s like asking for another musician or another navigator to join the SHs. It would take away the importance of the crew member who carries the same skill set.

Law and Luffy are equal partners who have great respect for each other, but that’s as far as their relationship will go. Everything Law does is ultimately for his own self interest and I wouldn’t be surprised if the alliance ended after Kaido’s defeat.

Last edited:
Literally nobody has argued that Zoro is any less of a person or a “lackey” for taking orders from his Captain. But Zoro has shown repeatedly that he would give up his life (the Kuma scene) or his pride (bowing to Mihawk) for the sake of Luffy’s dream over his own.

Would Law make the same sacrifices to Luffy over his own crew? Of course not. Law temporarily ended his alliance with the SHs when the loyalty of his crew was questioned by Shinobu. He then left on his own to rescue them. His own crew is his greatest priority.

What do you think the point of that scene in chp 1001 was? Oda inserted that scene to clarify that Law would have removed the scabbards from the battlefield regardless of Luffy’s orders. And Oda again showed us that Law has no interest in taking any orders from Luffy and was visibly angry for even the appearance that he was taking orders.

But let’s overlook all this for a second. What would Law’s unique role in the SHs even be? The SHs already have a doctor. Having another doctor would be repetitive. It’s like asking for another musician or another navigator to join the SHs. It would take away the importance of the crew member who carries the same skill set.

Law and Luffy are equal partners who have great respect for each other, but that’s as far as their relationship will go. Everything Law does is ultimately for his own self interest and I wouldn’t be surprised if the alliance ended after Kaido’s defeat.
Honestly, the argument that Law’s going to join the Straw Hats is among the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard on this website. Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.