Chapter Discussion No one deserves to get laughed at after they die part 2

Vegapunk is such a pointless ass character, cannot even blame Luffy.
Facts. He’s probably the biggest disappointment in the entire manga for me. Used to have all sorts of running theories with friends about df’s being lost ancient technology, or souls, etc, instead we got “things that someone desired”

And vp is just terrible as a character. Less than a zero chance he dies here. Luffy is laughing because Oda isn’t even pretending there’s any tension this time.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I think it's just quirk of Gear 5...he will laugh no matter what.

But seeing VP lying like a dead man and nika bouncing and laughing is hilarious lmao

G5 is actually kinda creepy now that i think about it.
Luffy is clearly still serious about his intentions and situations, just look at the panel where he spoke Pedro's name or even in this chapter right before he punches Saturn.

But G5 will literally just force him to smile and laugh through it all, as if the will of Nika/Joyboy was overwritting his own.

I hope later mastery over his awakening allows him to control his emotions more.

Luffy died in Wano, which allowed Nika to come to the fore and transform his corpse into a puppet that cackles with maniacal glee at the pain and suffering of those around it.

When Blackbeard touches Nika with his Yami powers it will be interesting to see what happens: it could result in a simple exorcism, drawing out the evil presence and breaking its hold on Luffy's body, allowing him at last to rest in peace, or alternatively and more hopefully, it could result in Luffy being given a second chance at life, escaping Nika's malign influence as though waking from a long nightmare.

What a dark story One Piece turned out to be. Grim stuff.

Last edited: