General & Others Oda and his editors aren't even doing the most basic proofreading

Who's Who: I hate everything about Luffy, his fruit, and his stupid hat! My grudge runs deep!

Chapter 981 Who's Who: Luffy? Who is that? Ah, Udon's escapee, leave that to the rat catchers.

Yep oda totally thought of this gum gum plotline from the very start and didn't make it up recently.

Also, why focus so much on fodders? King's haki was hyped to oblivion which was used as fodder control and yet Luffy doesn't use it since it will make the whole Tama plotline unnecessary. Oda is the king of making uninteresting, unnecessary side characters the focal point of the plot, even getting more screen time than the actual main characters just for the sake of extending his manga as long as possible.

Pretty much. The raid would’ve been a perfect chance for Who’s Who to go after Luffy, using the pretence of stopping the intruders in order to act out his grudge. He didn’t, and there’s been no indication of any particular negativity on his side towards Luffy, or towards Shanks before this chapter. The only one he seemingly had a connection with was Jinbe, and that was based on an extremely vague, generic knowledge of Jinbe when he was a warlord. So he knew warlord Jinbe? Cool. Even people in East Blue had knowledge of him, it’s not like the guy was hiding in a hole or anything.

Shitty writing as usual from Oda but what do you expect when WW’s design and fighting style is a bargain bin Lucci. Clearly a character into which much thought and imagination was expended.

You know, I didn't give much thought about WW backstory, simply saw it as Oda trying to give some lore to Jinbei's opponent, and I didn't give much thought to @Den_Den_Mushi opinion about it being made up last minute but I am considering it now, I will wait how that develops later on the arc but as of now it really looks like Oda is making shit up last minute

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Many are claiming that WsW plotline is consistent because Oda "always plans ahead."

The same Oda:
-created the shichibukai last minute which extended OP beyond its 2002 deadline
-created the supernovas last minute before Sabody deadline
-Admitted that he kept adding new ideas to WCI which made it too long

WsW is looking like one of them

So far WsW hasn't shown an extreme hatred torwards Luffy, just resentment, so it makes sense he'd focus on catching Yamato and moving up the ladder at that point when the full war hadn't even broke out yet.

The point about fodder is true though, one CoC clash beteween Kaido or BM and Luffy should be a able to bring down pretty much all beast pirates below gifters and probably even the Samurai, but Tama would be useless then lmao

So far WsW hasn't shown an extreme hatred torwards Luffy, just resentment, so it makes sense he'd focus on catching Yamato and moving up the ladder at that point when the full war hadn't even broke out yet.

The point about fodder is true though, one CoC clash beteween Kaido or BM and Luffy should be a able to bring down pretty much all beast pirates below gifters and probably even the Samurai, but Tama would be useless then lmao
The Yamato plot line was a red herring to take out Drake

Who's Who: I hate everything about Luffy, his fruit, and his stupid hat! My grudge runs deep!

Chapter 981 Who's Who: Luffy? Who is that? Ah, Udon's escapee, leave that to the rat catchers.

Yep oda totally thought of this gum gum plotline from the very start and didn't make it up recently.

Also, why focus so much on fodders? King's haki was hyped to oblivion which was used as fodder control and yet Luffy doesn't use it since it will make the whole Tama plotline unnecessary. Oda is the king of making uninteresting, unnecessary side characters the focal point of the plot, even getting more screen time than the actual main characters just for the sake of extending his manga as long as possible.
WW literally said he likes where he is now. Which means he cares about his position in this crew than his grudge. He wanted to move up more than attack Luffy. Then, when King shut down the war for Yamato. He was literally in front of Luffy until Jinbei said he would handle it.

Exactly, WW literally said he likes where he at now and showed that he wanted to stand next to Kaido has a Calamity.

Pretty much. The raid would’ve been a perfect chance for Who’s Who to go after Luffy, using the pretence of stopping the intruders in order to act out his grudge. He didn’t, and there’s been no indication of any particular negativity on his side towards Luffy, or towards Shanks before this chapter. The only one he seemingly had a connection with was Jinbe, and that was based on an extremely vague, generic knowledge of Jinbe when he was a warlord. So he knew warlord Jinbe? Cool. Even people in East Blue had knowledge of him, it’s not like the guy was hiding in a hole or anything.

Shitty writing as usual from Oda but what do you expect when WW’s design and fighting style is a bargain bin Lucci. Clearly a character into which much thought and imagination was expended.
He potrayed to care about being in this crew and moving up than Luffy. He doesn't even hate luffy has much has Shanks. He pretty chill about it and said he good where he at now. You completely miss thwt.