General & Others Oda Isn’t a Good Writer According to Pixar

yes i know but do i have to admire bellamy now?
No, but to understand his present value, yes.

this pixar rule is some bullshit like those participation trophies where you get rewarded for taking part
in any competition there's winners and losers and the losers don't matter
I think you don't understand the value behind this rule.

The point of this rule is to say that characters are always better because they struggle to get to their goal rather than just accomplish things out of nowhere.

Well Oda's too far up his own ass to write anything that's not either mystery bait or hype for the sake of hype. Once you understand this it's no surprise why Wano is the dumpster fire that it is.

Last edited:
Nobody has the right to mock my man lee33 for this thread. This thread aged like wine. Especially after Shitty Country Arc.
My favorite movies of Pixar are: Finding Nemo,Finding Dory,Brave,Coco.
They are pleasant like Whole Caca and Shitty Country were not because they follow these rules.
Let's look at how Lolda's ignorance of these rules makes Shit Piece so shitty.
2.Keep in mind what's interesting for you as a audience,not what's fun to do as a writer. They can be very different.
What Lolda have in mind are his interests in unrealistically omnipotent protagonists,villains who just exist to be living punching bags for the heroes and stories that distort the truths about life. Any person who is truly smart and dignified are disgusted by these things.
6.What is your character good at,comfortable with? Throw the polar opposite at them. Challenge them. How do they deal?
Lolda never writes villains challenging Condom-Boy's gang properly. He shoves down everyone's throats that their beliefs are absolute truths that no one should question.
16.What are the stakes? Give us reason to root for the character. What happen if they don't succeed? Stack the odds against.
Lolda doesn't know how to make someone root for a character. The biggest example is how he shoved down everyone's throats that Shitty Country should be saved at any cost to the point where the effect was the opposite for me(And for many other people,i believe.). He managed to make me root for a big genocide. Shit Piece never have stakes. Condom-Boy's gang succeeds because everyone is by their side and every odds are in their favor,are there are never consequences afterwards. Their successes always came for free.
19.Coincidences to get characters into trouble are great,coincidences to get them out of it are cheating.
It means that Condom-Boy's gang always succeed due to cheating. Everyone is unrealistically always by their side and every odds are unrealistically always in their favor.
@lee33 @Gauntlet @notAfanboy @Buusatan94 @Shiroyru @ShadyOjiro @HA001 OF THE RAIN @yorosenpai
@KageFumi @ZenZu @Nidai_Kitetsu @ConquistadoR @L55 @Fleet Leader Fenaker @Franosuke @Cream filled donut7 @Sir Yasheen @Gon’s Missing Arm @Kurozumi D. Trussop @wys @Butters @matt245 @Robin swan

Nobody has the right to mock my man lee33 for this thread. This thread aged like wine. Especially after Shitty Country Arc.
They are pleasant like Whole Caca and Shitty Country were not because they follow these rules.
2.Keep in mind what's interesting for you as a audience,not what's fun to do as a writer. They can be very different.
What Lolda have in mind are his interests in unrealistically omnipotent protagonists,villains who just exist to be living punching bags for the heroes and stories that distort the truths about life. Any person who is truly smart and dignified are disgusted by these things.
6.What is your character good at,comfortable with? Throw the polar opposite at them. Challenge them. How do they deal?
Lolda never writes villains challenging Condom-Boy's gang properly. He shoves down everyone's throats that their beliefs are absolute truths that no one should question.
16.What are the stakes? Give us reason to root for the character. What happen if they don't succeed? Stack the odds against.
Lolda doesn't know how to make someone root for a character. The biggest example is how he shoved down everyone's throats that Shitty Country should be saved at any cost to the point where the effect was the opposite for me(And for many other people,i believe.). He managed to make me root for a big genocide. Shit Piece never have stakes. Condom-Boy's gang succeeds because everyone is by their side and every odds are in their favor,are there are never consequences afterwards. Their successes always came for free.
19.Coincidences to get characters into trouble are great,coincidences to get them out of it are cheating.
It means that Condom-Boy's gang always succeed due to cheating. Everyone is unrealistically always by their side and every odds are unrealistically always in their favor.
@lee33 @Gauntlet @notAfanboy @Buusatan94 @Shiroyru @ShadyOjiro @HA001 OF THE RAIN @yorosenpai
@KageFumi @ZenZu @Nidai_Kitetsu @ConquistadoR @L55 @Fleet Leader Fenaker @Franosuke @Cream filled donut7 @Sir Yasheen @Gon’s Missing Arm @Kurozumi D. Trussop @wys @Butters @matt245 @Robin swan
I got bullied harder for making this tread than I do bullying Oda's writing lol.

Oda shows monopolistic behavior.
I stopped talking about the bad writing, just like Drizzit (?). Fans know what's wrong, but they wont criticize Oda. I dont know why. But I think, if Japanese audience likes this, then nothing will change.

Last edited:
Still nop. Oda respects those rule to the letter.