Chapter Discussion Oda not only ruined Nami’s 1v1 this arc, but he also ruined her fighting style in the span of half a chapter.

Did Oda ruin Nami’s fighting style and 1v1 this arc?

• Total voters
Nah

Nami doesnt lose anything while she gains everything

She can still swim.
We know BM uses her own soul to make homies so chances are the more soul she takes from herself weaker she is
Plus it is the tehnique of Big Mom not Nami's. If Nami had her fruit her fighting style could be different
I actually changed it to a weapon being imbued with a Devil Fruit, which we've seen before. That's basically what just happened with Nami.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I actually changed it to a weapon being imbued with a Devil Fruit, which we've seen before. That's basically what just happened with Nami.
Problem with that is Nami never got the fruit herself or discover the tehnique to do that. If she did no problem there from me.

My biggest problem with Nami is that her fights are boring

Post TS in 90% of fights i can remember she always runs while her enemies are too dumb to catch her.

Pre TS Nami would actually stand her ground in Alabasta, Enies Lobby, Thriller Bark and so on

Zeus powerup was obvious. No complaint there. But i would like if Nami upgraded her own existing abilities by her own merit and ingenuity rather than getting the power of someone who is in top 10

This opens the pathway for Oda to increase Nami's strenght through weapons just like pretime skip with Usop upgrading her climatact, she still has alot to learn in masterying Zeus as she did to master climatact

Look, imho there are tons of writing decisions that you can criticize Oda for ... this is not one of them.

Nami never was a fighter.

Her "fighting style" has always been "rely on an overpowered weapon to one-shot opponents".

This didn't change at all. She simply hits harder now.
Well said, and besides Nami will struggle to be uninjured opponents of Ulti's level even with Zeus

Problem with that is Nami never got the fruit herself or discover the tehnique to do that. If she did no problem there from me.

My biggest problem with Nami is that her fights are boring

Post TS in 90% of fights i can remember she always runs while her enemies are too dumb to catch her.

Pre TS Nami would actually stand her ground in Alabasta, Enies Lobby, Thriller Bark and so on

Zeus powerup was obvious. No complaint there. But i would like if Nami upgraded her own existing abilities by her own merit and ingenuity rather than getting the power of someone who is in top 10
There is no problem with it, because the lightning itself from the Clima-tact is 100 percent Nami's ability, and not Zeus. Zeus had his soul ripped out of the cloud, so he can't produce lightning anymore. He's just controlling HER lightning that SHE creates. Which if you think about it, he theoretically should be capable of doing the same with every Weather attack she is capable of conjuring up. The potential for her character from here on out has risen exponentially. Nami creates the abilities, and Zeus helps to control them.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
There is no problem with it, because the lightning itself from the Clima-tact is 100 percent Nami's ability, and not Zeus. Zeus had his soul ripped out of the cloud, so he can't produce lightning anymore. He's just controlling HER lightning that SHE creates. Which if you think about it, he theoretically should be capable of doing the same with every Weather attack she is capable of conjuring up. The potential for her character from here on out has risen exponentially. Nami creates the abilities, and Zeus helps to control them.
Ye sure. I understand that. But it is not an ability Nami herself developed. Zeus isnt hers.

It is kinda like if you have someone carrying the ball 99 meters, dribbles all defenders and you swopp in and score the goal after all their hard work.

Just doesnt feel right. Yea it makes sense, doesnt feel right.

I would personally preffer if Nami used her ninja experience she learnes from Shinobu considering most ninja stuff we have seen so far are elemental too

Ye sure. I understand that. But it is not an ability Nami herself developed. Zeus isnt hers.

It is kinda like if you have someone carrying the ball 99 meters, dribbles all defenders and you swopp in and score the goal after all their hard work.

Just doesnt feel right. Yea it makes sense, doesnt feel right.

I would personally preffer if Nami used her ninja experience she learnes from Shinobu considering most ninja stuff we have soon so far are elemental too
Zeus isn't an ability though, and he doesn't even amplify her attacks anymore like he did when he still was in cloud form. He just helps her have better control of them. Now that I think about it, I like the turn of events 100 times more than if she would have just gotten cloud Zeus, and would have been able to create Big Mom level lightning attacks like everyone initially predicted.

So yeah, Nami might have Zeus to help her have better control of her own abilities, but if she wants her attacks to be more potent, or have new attacks, she still needs to create them herself.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Zeus isn't an ability though, and he doesn't even amplify her attacks anymore like he did when he still was in cloud form. He just helps her have better control of them. Now that I think about it, I like the turn of events 100 times more than if she would have just gotten cloud Zeus, and would have been able to create Big Mom level lightning attacks like everyone initially predicted.

So yeah, Nami might have Zeus to help her have better control of her own abilities, but if she wants her attacks to be more potent, or have new attacks, she still needs to create them herself.
You can spin it how you want. Zeus is Big Mom's creation. That's a fact. If he wasnt her creation he would just be a soul fragment

Nami now doesnt need to bother actually aiming or predicting her enemies movement.

She just goes - ZEUS TAKE THE WHEEL

IMO, whole Zeus thing is lazy, it was the simplest way to empower Nami despite Nami having other ways ( ninja tehniques ).

Hell i would even prefer Nami getting Monets Logia than this
Post automatically merged:

I understand where you’re coming from, but personally I actually like it since Nami is a thief. Stealing her power up is fitting for someone who’s epitaph is “Cat Burglar”
When is the last time Nami stole something?

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Exactly, it’s good to get back to her roots. Her epitaph was beginning to lose its meaning.
Answer to the question was - when it is convinient lol

All in all i can understand why a loy of people dobt like the power up

Hell, Usopp didnt dodge one attack this arc and dude has CoO. Shame on Oda for not growing his CoO one bit

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I didn’t like the fight between Nami and Ulti

It was just Nami running around being beaten to death by Ulti head butt then BM fried Ulti and then Zeus destroying Ulti.

we all knew and it was foreshadowed that Zeus would belong to Nami. But the way it was done is a bit unique with Zeus fusing with the climact tact. Before the raid Nami had Zeus but he didn’t fuse with the climact tact. Don’t know why Oda chose this way but why not. I don’t have strong opinions on this.

But :

One of the thing that I didn’t like is how it was done : it was very shady how Zeus managed to fuse with the tact. It was not really clear and a bit bullshit.

Secondly I would have preferred if Nami controlled Zeus for the last attack and not Zeus on his own changing his path to hit Ulti again. It was too much a Zeus victory over a Nami victory.

Then I think Nami skills were highlighted a bit during the chase : some electric attacks here and there etc. But not enough mirage tempo, not enough former skills she learnt in her météo island, not enough new skills : for exemple she spent some time with Shinobu and had some kunoichi moments it is a shame she didn’t train a bit with Shinobu and learnt one of two things.

I have no problèm with an indirect fight : Ulti is a power house and no way Nami had a chance to beat her 1 vs 1 or in a straight fight, but there were 100 other ways to weaken Ulti without involving BM who did 70% of the work. Oda is full of imagination he could have written something else.
and BM part in the victory is way too high to be really satisfactory

Last edited:
You can spin it how you want. Zeus is Big Mom's creation. That's a fact. If he wasnt her creation he would just be a soul fragment

Nami now doesnt need to bother actually aiming or predicting her enemies movement.

She just goes - ZEUS TAKE THE WHEEL

IMO, whole Zeus thing is lazy, it was the simplest way to empower Nami despite Nami having other ways ( ninja tehniques ).

Hell i would even prefer Nami getting Monets Logia than this

When is the last time Nami stole something?
Kunoichi Nami wouldn't even make sense. Character like Shinobu and Raizo have been training for decades to be ninjas. You couldn't convince me in 1000 years that Nami could pick it up and start using it like it's nothing, when the whole concept and premise of the abilities aren't even remotely similar to what she had been training for, for two years. Like Oda is just going to throw all that out of the window, instead of expanding upon it?

Honestly the gripe with this powerup feels like the whole "Sanji/Raid Suit" arguments all over again. Both got powerups befitting their characters, that compliment the abilities that Oda has already established for them. Turning Nami into a Kunoichi, or giving her a Devil Fruit that renders her Clima-tact moot would be a massive blow to her character, and how Oda has built up her skillset.

when it is convinient lol
Haha that’s the best time to steal something.

I agree it would have been really cool to see Nami incorporate some Ninja techniques she picked up in Wano. And I’d have preferred her to get that and Zeus.

The scene in WCI where she steals Zeus is just golden IMO. Her clima-tact has always been her power up and it was given to her too, and when it was time to upgrade it, Ussop did it and gave it to her. Zeus is the most effort she’s had to put into a power up yet.

Don’t get me wrong I would have liked to see her earn some other skills like the ninja stuff, but I think overall Zeus is a good power up. The alternative would have just been to have Ussop upgrade it again to make stronger lightning and we’ve done that already.

Even with the ninja stuff that wouldn’t allow her to damage higher strength characters like she’ll need to damage from here on out, so no matter what she had to have an offensive boost.

How is adding versatility to her arsenal a bad thing, Nami fights were all trash with repeated attacks, I think Zeus is a good thing for her, making her future fights enjoyable to watch. The arc didn't end yet so I think she can be useful in some way

To be honest I dislike firstyle the though of Zeus joining Nami as powerup, but with fuse with the clmatact, it became little unique.
The duo seems perfect to each other and to be honest, even if many people dislike it for right reason, Zeus becaming Nami powerup was already shown since Wci arc so it is okay? But Zeus und combo with Nami could became a dynamic duo with crazy skills.
Because that im mad about the current chapter, the potential of getting a great battle is vanished, it was the perfect time to give Zeus and Nami more screentime and a perfect duo work, not just let Zeus make the most work...
Having Zeus merging/reborn with the climat tact is a great idea. It makes it feel much more unique and like Nami own thing than if she just had the normal Zeus big mom already used.
I don't even think it is bs, we saw that devil fruit can respawn into the nearest fruit once the user dies in Punk Hazard and I have a theory that devil fruit themselves have some kind of soul/spirit/devil (that's why objects that "ate" devil fruit become sentient animals) so a shapeless soul who had his cloud body destroyed connecting with the object it came in contact with isn't that crazy.
I'm really excited by the possibilites, like if Nami produced a Snow Cloud
,could Zeus possess it and start freezing enemies? That would be sick and make Zeus even more interesting than when he was with BM.

Not only is Nami’s climatact alive now

Not only does Nami not have to do anything to attack anymore...

Not only was Ulti nerfed due to Big Mom clownery...

But the fact that this fight was over in half a chapter without Nami even doing anything is absolutely abysmal

I’m curious, is anyone actually ok with this? Even is Ulti is ok after this attack, this will be the third time Oda take KO’d her, so either way it’s gonna be trash.
I agree the fight was mid but we have to stop saying oda is ruining characters fighting styles, their style is evolving not completely ruined. The problem with this fight is it just didn't get enough focus honestly.

I literally already said that the Raid Suit was trash and it ruined Sanji’s fighting style as well lol
Its a bit too early to say whether or not it ruined Sanjis style,We havent seen it in an actual fight. Sanjis fought more without the Raid Suit than with Raid Suit in this arc.

Last edited: