Current Events One Piece became worser than Fairy Tail

doesn't sound promising :tchpepe:
Which makes it hurt even more. I'll explain, but be wary of MAJOR SPOILERS.

I followed Rave Master from its beginning, so I was hyped to see the final parts of it when it came out. Now, I have to give Mashima credit here: he was doing a good job up until the end of 2/3 of the story, with 1 major and hyped up fight being massively offscreened, at that time, serving as the only warning that Mashima didn't know what he was doing.

Move forward to the final 1/3 of the story, a certain arc involving a massive air pirate organization showed some characters we were hyped for some time receiving the Beast Pirates treatment. This is another warning, which I was too young to notice at that time.

Then we moved onto revealing the biggest mystery of the series (kinda like what One Piece is to OP), which is serviceable, in my opinion (could have been a lot worse). However, the finale of this reveal has what would equate to Momoron killing Kaido (no joking, a particularly not so noteworthy fighter killing a fucking top tier after learning ONE forbidden technique).

But, at this point, I was too invested in the story to discard it outright. So, we then got the final war. It would have been ok, since the first two final fights are fucking great, but then:

- We got the Rave Master equivalent of ancient weapons, whose been haunting the protagonists since mid-story, OFFSCREENED. We literally only saw how it took one final attack and died;
- We got the main takeaway from the reveal OFFSCREENED;
- The main character's second-mate getting no fight AT ALL during the final war. He literally just ran around from places to places;
- The strongest member of Rave Master's equivalent of the Yonkos going down after taking TWO HITS;
- One major role and the main villain's final weapon being revealed in Rave Master's equivalent of a SBS column;
- Lastly, all protagonist deaths in the final war revealed to be fakeouts.

:lawsigh:

So, you see, this is why I'm wary of approaching Eden's Zero.

Would be good
Wont happen tho
Nah I think it can. There are moments in this series where Oda can flip the story in another direction. Marineford is a big example of this because it necessitated those 2 deaths to drive the plot forward.

Oda has gone on record to call the ending bittersweet and more emotional than Ace's death:

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/one-piece-ending-touching-death-anime-manga-editor-comments/

I really feel like the only way to do this is to achieve Luffy's 2 dreams and then have him die. To have him be an enigma that becomes a legend seems very in line with what One Piece truly is, because in 20-30 years from now in the story's timeline, people will talk about Luffy and his crew as if they were legends.

I.e., he's very much set up to die like Roger/Ace/Whitebeard/etc, because that's in his nature to become a legend like they are.

Idk. We'll see, but in my eyes that's how you end the story perfectly: fight with Shanks for x reason, return the hat, both die for different reasons. It comes full circle with this series in a really great way, because it starts with these 2.