Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not sensing Oden's ryou in the scabbards but Oden's will that they have inherited.
No, I remember him clearly mentioning Oden's ryou. Even the scar that Oden gave him ached and spewed haki sparks at that moment which is a very physical and real thing, not something as figurative as just inheriting Oden's will.

Big Mom was, Kaido wasn't. He had to be told to dodge.
After the attack happened neither Kaido nor Big Mom reacted.
Big Mom was face faulting at Gomu Dakara and is a general goofball, so I wouldn't put it as the best combat performance of the chapter.
A decent feat, with caveats, to shock big mom, but what is the point of having that AP if it is so slow and easily dodgeable?
Kaido seemed more personally put off that his boro breath failed on a direct hit to even slow Luffy down and had to ask him how the hell he no sold it.
Ask Oda this? You also have to remember BM spawned Katakuri who is master CoO user. It would make sense for Big Mom to have decent or above decent CoO skills. You have to remember she is a Yonko after all.

Why would an Emperor tell another to dodge if the situation wasn't critical.

If you were willing to admit that yes that is a feat, no Zoro fan would bother you.
But you also clutch on that purse.

Based on this chapter, Luffy and Zoro alone can defeat Dragon Form Kaido quite comfortably.

All of Kaido's attacks can be easily neutralised:
  • Zoro can easily deflect Kaido's Destructive Wind
  • Zoro can easily cut through Boro Breath with Homurasaki
    • If prepared, Luffy can also withstand Boro Breath
  • Luffy is immune to Kaido's lightning, and given that it's not living lightning, it can be easily dodged
    • The Scabbards could react to Kaido's lightning but not Destructive Wind. Given that Zoro could react to Destructive Wind, the lightning wouldn't be a problem for him.

They have the offensive ability to fuck him over:
  • Zoro's Hiryuu Kaen terrified Big Mom and Kaido chose to dodge it despite enthusiastically tanking all other attacks.
    • Zoro has attacks much stronger than Hiryuu Kaen:
      • Nigori-Zake
      • 1080 Pound Cannon
      • Ichidai Sanzen Daisen Sekai
  • Luffy can help set up Zoro's most powerful techniques by disorienting or restraining Kaido
  • Luffy has Future Sight to warn Zoro about any attacks/easily evade himself, but based on this chapter it wouldn't even be needed.

If Kaido is restricted to Dragon Form only (no Base or Hybrid), I don't see how he does not get mid diffed by Luffy and Zoro. Dragon Kaido has no successful attack in this chapter, and all his known attacks would be useless against this duo.

They might actually bring him down without taking significant damage. This is making me seriously reconsider where Dragon Kaido stands in the power hierarchy. It's kind of weird to suggest that Luffy and Zoro will mid diff any other prime top tier.

I'll make the thread when the chapter drops, but I want to hear takes.

@Haoshoku, @Sentinel, @playa4321, @ShinmenTakezo, @comrade, @Admiral Lee Hung, @ShishioIsBack, @LANJI CUCKSMOKE, @Geo, @HA001, @Bogard, @Red Admiral, @MarineHQ62, @Luffy is the mc
To me the question is if Kaido starts to dodge even in his dragon form which we see he can do .
The question then becomes what sort attack luffy can get on him so Zoro can give him power up slash .

Ask Oda this? You also have to remember BM spawned Katakuri who is master CoO user. It would make sense for Big Mom to have decent or above decent CoO skills. You have to remember she is a Yonko after all.

Why would an Emperor tell another to dodge if the situation wasn't critical.

If you were willing to admit that yes that is a feat, no Zoro fan would bother you.
But you also clutch on that purse.
She did not show any FS on WCI and was reliant on Katakuris CoO.
Because it would do significant damage to him and because it was a slow attack he should dodge rather than try to counter or tank. Not because it would OHKO him...

Status
Not open for further replies.