rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jo_Ndule

I dont get why so many are convinced Kaido dodged Zoro's attack, Oda draws it out when someone dodges. No doubt it would have cut Kaido but Zoro had to focus on Enma not draining all his haki and ended up missing.
Everyone is free to think what they want, I ain't trying to dissuade anyone but Kaido is a tank who fights punch for punch, he doesn't dodge anything. If Oda changes that, he's 100% drawing it and not leaving it to speculation.
There's legit no reason to change the story to hype up nor any reason to downplay Zoro, dude is a top tier character across all mangas.

Well said
Oda will have the person attacking say "he dodged it" acter showinh the opponent dodging it.
Even if the person isn't shown dodging...we will still hear a comment

Luffy was saying it a lot when Kata dodged him, he was like "he's back to normal" " this isn't workinh"
Even kata was innerly talking when luffu was dodging

Yet here... Zoro doesnt say " he dodged it" ,no SN makes a comment too and on top of that, Kaido wasn't shown dodging.
Yeah we should believe Kaido dodged.

I dont get why so many are convinced Kaido dodged Zoro's attack, Oda draws it out when someone dodges. No doubt it would have cut Kaido but Zoro had to focus on Enma not draining all his haki and ended up missing.
Everyone is free to think what they want, I ain't trying to dissuade anyone but Kaido is a tank who fights punch for punch, he doesn't dodge anything. If Oda changes that, he's 100% drawing it and not leaving it to speculation.
There's legit no reason to change the story to hype up nor any reason to downplay Zoro, dude is a top tier character across all mangas.

It's about understanding the purpose to those scenes and why he focus on certain things instead of other things.

With the examples you brought, Oda focus on Sanji dodging Katakuri because he wanted to show us that evading Katakuri attack should have been a nearly impossible feat to achieve since you can see the future. Katakuri should have saw what was about to happen and should have been able to adjust to hit Sanji.

Similar with Luffy, his eyes were closed and her attack was silent so to the one who attacked Luffy, I don't remember her name, Luffy shouldn't have been able to evade it but he did because he was starting to develop of his future sight.

In those things Oda drew them dodging their attacks because he wanted us to understand the strength of their CoO, which allowed them to evade those attacks. That's why he focus on that.

With Zoro, the focus is on the strength of CoA and his attack.

When Zoro first used enma and he tested the sword out on the tree Oda didn't draw Zoro cutting the tree. Instead, he drew the coastline being cut because that was the importance of that scene. Did Zoro miss the tree because Oda didn't draw it being cut? Of course not. Cutting the tree was irrelevant so drawing it would have been a waste of time. He wanted use to understand how powerful an attack a swordman can produce when using haki to increase the strength of their attack.

In the scene, we see Zoro cut a coastline with only the physical strength needed to cut a tree thanks to the large amount of haki he was using.

In latest chapter when Zoro attacks Kaido, Oda focus on Zoro cutting the horn. He did that so we could understand the strenght of the attack and the effect it had on the entire island. If you look at the scene we don't even see Kaido in the scene.

A big ass dragon is nowhere to be found.

Just like when Oda didn't draw Zoro cutting the tree, he did draw Kaido dodging the attack because that was irrelevant. The focus was on the strengthen the attack.

It's about understanding the purpose to those scenes and why he focus on certain things instead of other things.

With the examples you brought, Oda focus on Sanji dodging Katakuri because he wanted to show us that evading Katakuri attack should have been a nearly impossible feat to achieve since you can see the future. Katakuri should have saw what was about to happen and should have been able to adjust to hit Sanji.

Similar with Luffy, his eyes were closed and her attack was silent so to the one who attacked Luffy, I don't remember her name, Luffy shouldn't have been able to evade it but he did because he was starting to develop of his future sight.

In those things Oda drew them dodging their attacks because he wanted us to understand the strength of their CoO, which allowed them to evade those attacks. That's why he focus on that.

With Zoro, the focus is on the strength of CoA and his attack.

When Zoro first used enma and he tested the sword out on the tree Oda didn't draw Zoro cutting the tree. Instead, he drew the coastline being cut because that was the importance of that scene. Did Zoro miss the tree because Oda didn't draw it being cut? Of course not. Cutting the tree was irrelevant so drawing it would have been a waste of time. He wanted use to understand how powerful an attack a swordman can produce when using haki to increase the strength of their attack.

In the scene, we see Zoro cut a coastline with only the physical strength needed to cut a tree thanks to the large amount of haki he was using.

In latest chapter when Zoro attacks Kaido, Oda focus on Zoro cutting the horn. He did that so we could understand the strenght of the attack and the effect it had on the entire island. If you look at the scene we don't even see Kaido in the scene.

A big ass dragon is nowhere to be found.

Just like when Oda didn't draw Zoro cutting the tree, he did draw Kaido dodging the attack because that was irrelevant. The focus was on the strengthen the attack.
Yea I'm not going to compare Kaido dodging to a tree. He's a brawler that takes every punch, him dodging isn't irrelevant. I get my two examples show off their CoO but we can also flip that and say based on what we've seen, Kaidos CoO is low tier or nonexistent. He didnt sense how strong Zoro's attack was, like BM, and just stood there.

To be fair Sometimes the fan translations are more accurate
I don't know which one is more accurate in this chapter but what I know that the VIZ is the pro and official one so they have to work on improving their translations

Fans translations don't have anything to lose or to people hold them accountable for if they made a mistake unlike VIZ
yet, we still compare with Viz and attempt to correct everything within 24 hours after they dropped their version in case we made any slip ups.
Post automatically merged:

Like I told @MonsterZoro ages ago, it comes down to how you interpret the context in which it was said, that's why we got some saying 'them' and some 'him' because it could be either.
100% on point. That's how we (our translators) interpreted the scene and the context. Neither versions (us or Viz) are inherently wrong/correct. Just stick to your headcanon tbh lol. Maybe next time we'll make a note somewhere that oda has left it ambiguous, but making that every chapter for everything would be a pain in the ass since that happens frequently

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.