How will the Supernovas fare against Hybrid Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Dodge or not, Zoro had 0 fucking contribution last chapter.
He saved Luffy twice, so try again.

but the only difference is that it's apparently due to Enma being Odens sword.
So do I but you can't ignore the whole Oden stuff going around every time Zoro does something amazing with Enma.
I'd like to hear what you think after reading this thread: A look at Inherited Will in the Land of Wano
Tl:Dr; Enma bears Oden's unfulfilled will, and that's why it's so focused on (and why Kaido is noticing it). It's not really a power level thing.

You could even argue luffy knew it wouldn’t damage him, so he wasn’t dodging to disrespect kaido. So Zoro ruined luffys momentum with his selfishness. Should respect his Captain even mord.
What utter nonsense.

Luffy was pretty roughed up by Boro Breath, even when he protected himself with haki.
  • Luffy before Boro breath
  • Luffy after tanking Boro Breath
@Kromage911

Luffy expressed joy when Zoro rescued him:

"So Zoro ruined luffys momentum with his selfishness. Should respect his Captain even mord."
:lusalty:

Can you stop shitting on Luffy, to satisfy your hate boner vs Zoro? Luffy was overjoyed that Zoro saved him, he certainly didn't think that Zoro ruined his momentum with his selfishness.

Zoro has mainly been impressive in terms of attack power here. When it comes to speed, reflexes and the likes, Luffy's been the one at the top. Those attributes combined with how devastating his attacks have been, makes him the most impressive overall to me.

Sure Hiryu Kaen received quite a lot of hype regarding its potential damage. Problem is that Zoro failed to land it. Its probably additional pressure since Kaido has to be warry of it but unless it lands, its not getting them any closer to winning the fight. Compare that to Luffy who has been able to straight up blitz past Kaido's wind blade to land a clean punch and tank through Boro Breath to immediately retaliate with an attack that legitimately put Kaido down for an entire sequence.

Onigiri landed while he attacked together with Killer (and didn't do much of anything anyway) , Tatsumaki was on a Kaido that was targeting Luffy and didn't seem nearly as effective as Kong Gatling....

Regardless of your position on this matter(whether Oden has his haki in the sword or not), things that bother me about this are the fact that

- Oden's name is always mentioned whenever Zoro does something with that blade
- Oda already stated before that even Ryuma only managed to turn Shusui black due to a continuous history of battle

The latter suggested that the process of turning a blade into a black blade required time, and thus not something someone could do in a single fight, with Zoro not having Enma for long

This is why i don't find it unrealistic that Oda could use Oden's fighting experience with Enma to make things easier for Zoro to turn the blade black

It's not to diminish Zoro's accomplishment or anything since he won't be able to do that in the first place if he doesn't manage to have / reach a sufficient haki level to continue the process of turning Enma black, so Zoro ultimately doing that would be an indirect mean to show Zoro reached that level

However to make things consistent with Ryuma's history with Shusui, to connect the dots with Zoro's way to end up turning Enma black after Oden's history of battle with Enma
Somehow it's unrealistic for Zoro to make a black blade in one battle just because Oden wasn't able to do it for years. But at the same time it's realistic for Luffy to obtain FS in a single battle when Katakuri need a life time of training to obtain it. Yeah, not bias at all....

What you don't understand is that for Zoro to be able to forge a black blade in a short amount of time means as a testament of his prowess, to show that Zoro is someone exceptional who would surpass "them" faster than the time it took for them to reach their pinnacle of strength. The same thing with Luffy.

Somehow it's unrealistic for Zoro to make a black blade in one battle just because Oden wasn't able to do it for years. But at the same time it's realistic for Luffy to obtain FS in a single battle when Katakuri need a life time of training to obtain it. Yeah, not bias at all....

What you don't understand is that for Zoro to be able to forge a black blade in a short amount of time means as a testament of his prowess, to show that Zoro is someone exceptional who would surpass "them" faster than the time it took for them to reach their pinnacle of strength. The same thing with Luffy.
Bogard s final form
:rolaugh:

Maybe you are, but in this particular situation I was discussing that those words aren't synonyms, nothing about context nor the original text. So that's pretty much it.

P.S.: English isn't my main language either yet I know what a synonym is and that "look out" doesn't mean the same as "dodge".
I agree with this one for me "look out" and "dodge" doesn't mean the same thing at all.
But stephen for him it's the same. And also in the raw, BM actually said "dodge it, kaido" so yes there is lots of translations but the real one is still the japanese one and there the kanji which was used is "dodge". So actually there is no debate at all as @ivaannom said also.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
He saved Luffy twice, so try again.

I'd like to hear what you think after reading this thread: A look at Inherited Will in the Land of Wano
Tl:Dr; Enma bears Oden's unfulfilled will, and that's why it's so focused on (and why Kaido is noticing it). It's not really a power level thing.

What utter nonsense.

Luffy was pretty roughed up by Boro Breath, even when he protected himself with haki.
  • Luffy before Boro breath
  • Luffy after tanking Boro Breath
@Kromage911

Luffy expressed joy when Zoro rescued him:

"So Zoro ruined luffys momentum with his selfishness. Should respect his Captain even mord."
:lusalty:

Can you stop shitting on Luffy, to satisfy your hate boner vs Zoro? Luffy was overjoyed that Zoro saved him, he certainly didn't think that Zoro ruined his momentum with his selfishness.
Cinera, read my post again in the context of postings. I dont even hate Zoro. There was some trolling arguments around and throwed in some trolling argument, even claimed "you could argue", so even implied it is not my opinion. So please, not everyone who is tired of that toxic zorowanking is a zoro hater.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
P.S.: English isn't my main language either yet I know what a synonym is and that "look out" doesn't mean the same as "dodge".
Look out doesn't have a set meaning. It's meaning is highly contextual. For example: If I scream "look out" at someone who's about hit by a train. I didn't mean to tell him to put his hands b/w him and the train. I absolutely want him to get the fuck out of the way. Similarly, In this context BM wanted Kaido to get away from Zoros attack. Not sure why you guys are so fixated on one translation when the guy who translated it agrees that BM wanted Kaido to get away.

@Den_Den_Mushi can you confirm if "はきの正体" means Ryou ? :quest:

He didn't face Big Mom for how long ? He also didn't face WB for more than 20 years after his fight of Oden.
After Oden's fight, Kaido didn't travel that much. He stayed in Wano, as Hyogoro said "ryou" is the haki of wano people.
That's why it makes Luffy and people using ryou as Oden's lvl something else. Why Bm should be shocked to see Kaido being hurt if she already has a full knowledge of adv.coa ? As you said that"s a "simple adv.haki" right ?
You're so right man. How could prime WB or Big Mom know adv. Haki? Surely Oden too didn't have adv. Haki because of course the guy left Wano for some time. He never had the chance to learn adv. Haki that's why Kaido never seen him use it when they fought. That's so logical, I wish I could I had your insight man. Kaido must have been a neet for over 20 years, I understand now. Eventhough he lived in Wano the guy never left his room to roam Wano of course the poor bastard wouldn't know that Wano people know something as amazing as adv. Haki. Surely no one else knows this magical way of using Haki. I feel so sorry for the Admirals and the rest of the marines for not knowing adv. Haki. They must be so weak not like the amazing Wano people who know adv. Haki.

I'm so emotional now man. The wano people are so amazing :neesama:
Post automatically merged:

Anyone think big mom can fuse with Zeus like she can with Prometheus
Surely she can.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Hopefully we'll see some coordination between Kaido and Big Mom in the next chapter
That won't really happen for me.

What is saving(protecting) the SN is that the 2 yonko didn't go full wrath on them at the same time.

Kaido just brought out big guns I don't think BM will do a lot next time. It is Kaido moment and with all out BM and Luffy down they are all dead in no time.

Cinera, read my post again in the context of postings. I dont even hate Zoro. There was some trolling arguments around and throwed in some trolling argument, even claimed "you could argue", so even implied it is not my opinion. So please, not everyone who is tired of that toxic zorowanking is a zoro hater.
Just a question from me @Pantheos, from a Zoro fan perspective do you also see the consistent toxicity when dehyping Zoro ?

Sure there are times we Zoro fans can be toxic but truly there is more hate on the character pretty much on everything he does, which causes fans of his to then in turn rub it in users faces, when he does something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.