Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think that Dressrosa as a whole is a better written arc than Wano/Onigashima.
Remember back when Zoro humiliated Dellinger Machvise and Senior Pink at once?

Remember back Diamante was ignored like a kid by Sabo and Burgess?

Remember back when Luffy kicked Trebol out of the way like a fodder?

Remember back when Diamante Trebol Gladius Dellinger(Lao G Machvise and Pink had respectable defeats though) were all one shot?

The Strawhats became cardboard characters that barely have a personality. People will say they were always one dimensional. Which is true but they at least still felt like actual people back then
i miss those old genuine interactions, and the well placed comedy, people can argue that the story has become more serious because the new world is yonko territory but i just can't feel the threat, most of the crew's interactions got reduced to meaningless gags and forced plots.

Dude, back then not just the art but the writing was different, it was so much better. Because of that a Russian theory of 'Oda being dead' was born. At first it was a joke since people weren't happy the way things are, but now, they're some pepole in Russian speaking communities who believe that Oda is dead and another author is pretending to be him.
Paul is dead

Dude, back then not just the art but the writing was different, it was so much better. Because of that a Russian theory of 'Oda being dead' was born. At first it was a joke since people weren't happy the way things are, but now, they're some pepole in Russian speaking communities who believe that Oda is dead and another author is pretending to be him.
I'm not Russian and don't take part in any Russian community but I came up with '' Oda is dead and the editirs took over'' in WCI on my own.
It's just that the writing has gotten beyond bad since TS and especially in WCI so many people probably thought that it was too bad to be ''Goda''...

Remember back when Zoro humiliated Dellinger Machvise and Senior Pink at once?

Remember back Diamante was ignored like a kid by Sabo and Burgess?

Remember back when Luffy kicked Trebol out of the way like a fodder?

Remember back when Diamante Trebol Gladius Dellinger(Lao G Machvise and Pink had respectable defeats though) were all one shot?
Dressrosa is the best amongst the worst.

Tbh, I judge arcs after they finish. DR is way better now that it's done. It was pretty rough weekly because of how often Oda changed perspectives.

Wano is DR but pretty much on crack when it comes to the number of characters and transitional scenes. The only difference is I actually enjoy Wano's characters more and backdrop, notably Onigashima flying, the scabbards, actual matchups for the protagonists, etc, rather than BIRDCAGE.

Atm I'm personally enjoy Wano more, but DR by far has the better villain. That could change if Oda gives Kaido his backstory and makes him a bit more personal by the end. That said I think its fine for what it is but I wont judge it until it's over.

Tbh, I judge arcs after they finish. DR is way better now that it's done. It was pretty rough weekly because of how often Oda changed perspectives.

Wano is DR but pretty much on crack when it comes to the number of characters and transitional scenes. The only difference is I actually enjoy Wano's characters more and backdrop, notably Onigashima flying, the scabbards, actual matchups for the protagonists, etc, rather than BIRDCAGE.

Atm I'm personally enjoy Wano more, but DR by far has the better villain. That could change if Oda gives Kaido his backstory and makes him a bit more personal by the end. That said I think its fine for what it is but I wont judge it until it's over.
DR was extremely boring weekly
I might not find everything on Wano perfect but I'm still interested about what's going on even after almost 100 chapters

DR was extremely boring weekly
I might not find everything on Wano perfect but I'm still interested about what's going on even after almost 100 chapters
Yeah there is just something about wano that keeps the intrigue going far more than DR ever did for me.

Most notable to me is probably the fact that every strawhat truly seems to be getting a growth fight this arc.

I was fine with Dressrosa since the first chapter. Now, that doesn't mean that Dressrosa is great, it's still a post-timskip arc and is worse than any pre-timskip arc.

I had bad filling about WCI and it became worse and worse, same can be said about Wano. For me personally, I can decide wether the arc is good or bad in first 10/15 chapters.

Dressrosa even as marathon is so boring... even fishman island is more entertaining...
I personally disagree.

The first ~40 chapters of DR are fantastic. The tournament matches, introducing the fleet members, the Dwarves, Law vs Fuji vs Doflamingo, all of it was pretty gnarly. The problem mainly started when Birdcage happened, in terms of pacing. But that didn't detract from Law's flashback, which is arguably one of the best flashbacks in the series, or the actual fights.

Overall I thought it was good. Just weekly it was a tough read, especially knowing that DR was just a means to an end (Kaido was the real goal after all)

Status
Not open for further replies.