Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chopper ice virus plotline is really just a poor version of Punk Hazard.

And at least there, sure the kids were annoying, and we all knew that Oda wouldn’t kill any of them, but it was still pretty shocking for his standards to see a little girl intentionally overdose on drugs and start thrashing about coughing up blood. It was much more effective than Chopper showing up with his stupid cute face, then a half decent speech about why viruses shouldn‘t be weaponised... then it devolving totally into gag mode with Chopper’s main reason of rage being a bitch slap because everyone keeps calling him a tanuki.

Robin’s moment a few chapters back was far more effective, it still had gags but there was a serious core to it that wasn’t undermined, and of course we care about the Robin/Sanji relationship than Chopper and a bunch of yakuza bosses who’s names I can’t remember. I’m mildly attached to Hyo as a sort of funny little Yoda man, but seeing him get a cool looking virus and being oretty content with dying in no way compares to the way the kids on PH were treated.

Akainu was canonically probably never afraid to send Kizaru to deal with Big Mom or Kaido funnily. He outright admitted it was too risky because of the uncertainty factor regarding the potential of the country and never spoke about the two individually. If that was the case why mentioning that factor specifically.
My headcanon is, Akainu read some old record about WG Wano campaign(failed) and he learned about the samurai, maybe Ryuma as well. Old record only Fleet Admiral can have access to it.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The Chopper ice virus plotline is really just a poor version of Punk Hazard.

And at least there, sure the kids were annoying, and we all knew that Oda wouldn’t kill any of them, but it was still pretty shocking for his standards to see a little girl intentionally overdose on drugs and start thrashing about coughing up blood. It was much more effective than Chopper showing up with his stupid cute face, then a half decent speech about why viruses shouldn‘t be weaponised... then it devolving totally into gag mode with Chopper’s main reason of rage being a bitch slap because everyone keeps calling him a tanuki.

Robin’s moment a few chapters back was far more effective, it still had gags but there was a serious core to it that wasn’t undermined, and of course we care about the Robin/Sanji relationship than Chopper and a bunch of yakuza bosses who’s names I can’t remember. I’m mildly attached to Hyo as a sort of funny little Yoda man, but seeing him get a cool looking virus and being oretty content with dying in no way compares to the way the kids on PH were treated.
This arc is basically a 1:1 Alabasta scheme with Little Punk Hazard mixed here and there what did you expect? New plot?

Oda lost his touch.

This arc is basically a 1:1 Alabasta scheme with Little Punk Hazard mixed here and there what did you expect? New plot?

Oda lost his touch.
Oda’s always been a formulaic writer, but usually he ties it together better than this.

It is like a D plot on Onigashima so it’s not a massive deal, but as a weekly chapter I think this was the worst one in quite some time.

Such a great chapter! Chopper was pretty epic, and we all knew Hyou wasn’t going to snuff it. The teamwork between Marco and Chopper was great, and everyone’s face, especially Marco’s’ when Chopper went monster point was funny as hell. And Queen just put the beast pirates in a bad spot, as a big chunk of two thirds of their main forces are now going to turn on the beast pirates, and that’s without counting the gifters being turned by Tama’s ability. Plus, we got another sneak look at devil fruits with whatever this lineage factor was, though the mention of it from the CP0 agent was a bit to conspicuous to be simply a random thought.

As for Oden, I think there are two possibilities. Either that is Onimaru and the woman that healed them was Hiyori (which is possible that Kawamatsu recognized her but mistook her for Toki because they look similar as mother and daughter), or that was the real Toki and that is the real Oden.

If that is the real Oden, then what I think happened is that at some point, Toki either awakened the fruit or strengthened it to where she was finally able to move into the past by the time Oden was jailed. If so, then it’s possible that she took herself and Oden to the future in 20 years (where Oden had a vague idea that someone new was going to surpass Roger and do what they were too early to do) and then end up in Wano when Luffy is attacking Kaido. Oden helps Luffy beat Kaido, and then Toki takes them both back to the past to the moment where Oden wrote in his journal that in 20 years, pirates from a new generation will free Wano, because he says that specifically, and then he goes off to his execution to die and save the scabbards, so that they can put everything into motion to save Wano.

So Oden could still be dead and alive at the same time, if that’s really Oden. I’m leaning towards that being the real Oden, because I think Luffy, Law, and Kid are going to need some real help countering two Yonko, and that the only reason it would be Onimaru is if he was using Oden to encourage the scabbards, which would be a bit of a let down.

Great chapter all around, and the break is a cruel flex lol.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Oda’s always been a formulaic writer, but usually he ties it together better than this.

It is like a D plot on Onigashima so it’s not a massive deal, but as a weekly chapter I think this was the worst one in quite some time.
He doesn't know how to flip the script.

Dude keeps talking about writing an original stories and keeping his MC balanced.

Dude literally gives Luffy repetetive W's on heavy plot armor against Doffy and Kata and now he is out of Haki against 2 Yonkos and soon enough he will pop fucking G5 and be okay. That's for the bullshittery of MC writing part.

Oda's Original writing in a nutshell:

Alabasta , FMI ( Alabasta v2 ), Dressrosa ( Alabasta v3 ) and finally Wano ( Alabasta V4 ).

Princess, suffering country, Luffy the hero, party.

He doesn't know how to flip the script.

Dude keeps talking about writing an original stories and keeping his MC balanced.

Dude literally gives Luffy repetetive W's on heavy plot armor against Doffy and Kata and now he is out of Haki against 2 Yonkos and soon enough he will pop fucking G5 and be okay. That's for the bullshittery of MC writing part.

Oda's Original writing in a nutshell:

Alabasta , FMI ( Alabasta v2 ), Dressrosa ( Alabasta v3 ) and finally Wano ( Alabasta V4 ).

Princess, suffering country, Luffy the hero, party.
Really the series follows the structure set out in chapter 1, it’s just Shanks has the Luffy role there and Luffy himself plays the part of the locals to be saved by pirates.

Which doesn’t bother me, I know what OP is as a story, I know it’s strengths and weaknesses, but this particular plot-thread is one that just failed to land right. Which sucks particularly because it was Chopper heavy and given his poor treatment post skip, when he actually gets a storyline I want it to be good.

guys guys guys there is only one possibility who that Oden really is. It is soooo obvious:

- This Oden is Bunbuku, the teapot Tenguyama Hitettsu is in posession of.
- He has the Inu Inu no Mi: Model Tanuki and what is the Chapter Title? Tanuki-San Oda tricked you all its not about Chopper.
- Maybe its a Mythical Devil Fruit. And in Mythology the Tanuki can turn into a Human, that would explain the smoke below Odens Feet. And it would explain why he wears a longer Kimono than before. As you can remember that Tanuki Teapot has really Big Balls. And to hide these he wears that long Kimono.
- It would also give Tenguyama a bit more better story at least he helps out a bit.
- Toki went to Tenguyama and asked him that Bunbuku should change into Oden to give the Retainers a little bit of hope and motivation.

SOOOOO OBIVOUS!!! xDDDDDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.