Is Pan D. A Man Moe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoro will defeat King but then i do not think so after king zoro will be down high probably. Remember Luffy post Katakuri. To defeat Yonko Commanders not easy at all. If Sanji defeat Queen 1vs1, that is so hyped thing also. Because this matchup is not easy. We dont see any clue of full potential queen and king (hybrid)
Maybe but King needs to show some another lvl feat if he can give an extreme diff to post rooftop healed Zoro. The experience Zoro had, the COC thing and Enma put Zoro in low top tier so for that King needs to shine af. Expecting a lot from the FM of WSC.

He does this everytime, both times Luffy was defeated against Crocodile he was saved in the very next chapter. By then everyone bought the tension but not now eh?
I’ll tell you why...
In both cases with Crocodile... WE SAW with our own eyes... ON PANEL where his hook stabbed Luffy from one side.. came out from the other side...
2nd defeat.. we saw him dehydrate Luffy and turn him to mummy

So the panels selled it out for us....

with Kaido... first defeat was good, not gonna lie... which is why EVERYONE liked it that time

but this 2nd one was OFF screened... we just saw Luffy in white eyes without seeing the finishing move Kaido did in this second win...

The point is... there is a difference between just making it off screen and on panel...

Another thing is Zoro scene of having 20 broken bones by Kaido/Big Mom attack... the good old Oda I know WOULD draw a panel specifically to show Zoro’s bones are being shattered.. similar to Hajuruudin... or Usopp nose breaking or Sanji’s leg cracking..

It’s such a missed oppurtunity to highlight such intense scene without showing a panel of his bones getting crushed

Who “bought” the tension back then? It was done better because Crocodile is a more complete villain than Kaido; the former was an obstacle to be overcome that took Luffy’s cunning as much as his strength, whereas the latter is just a wall he’s gonna break through with ONE BIG PANCHU whenever he returns to the fray. The main character isn’t going to die halfway through his own story, so whatever tension comes from thinking he will is immediately resolved and therefore largely ineffective.
Exactly which is why pointing out how this was done better before is meaningless because it is still the same.
You may not like this villain but this comes down to personal preference since I just started to really connect with Crocodile in Impel Down/Marine Ford before I had the same feeling I have for Kaido he is just a stepping stone in Luffy's adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.