Is Pan D. A Man Moe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidd looks to be on the road to become the tsundere version of Law for Luffy :whitepress: and I'm not really liking that one bit. Oda shold've let him fight Kaido like he intended in the first place instead for going after Big Mom. What a horrible decision made by Oda for Kidd.
Why? Wouldn't it be worse if he stayed with Kaido considering its near guaranteed Luffy will outshine everyone in that case?

Hes not cheerleading luffy, he's fighting the only other antagonist on the level of Kaido. I don't see why he can't smile when Luffy says he'll win.

Jyabura was the only guy who can utilize Tekkai in his attacks... and move while using Tekkai, not Even Lucci did it...

So basically it’s like CP9 members can harden their skin with haki ONLY when they are frozen in their places... (which lead to Lucci’s defeat, he got overwhelmed by Gear 3 and the finishing move cause he couldn’t move while placing his trust in Tekkai)

Jyabura was better than both in that regard... for me that’s a huuuuuge plus...
I just realised that Tekkai is obviously CoA and not tightening your muscles. Muscle tightening is a theory, if their bodies had been tempered by training, they would not have to activate it. They would also not be able to use it on their face, which has no muscles you can flex.

@Cinera Nothing against Yamato man but I have the sensation that if she joins the crew she will ultimately look inferior to Sanji regardless, power wise. When it's all said and done.
I think unlike past additions like Jimbe/Franky that fell behind Sanji, Yamato’s Oden parallel will keep her very close to him if she joins. She’s the only character who can actually make it a true monster 4 IMO.

If she joins:
Sanji - Gaban
Yamato - Oden

The parallels line up all too well.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
And we're on our way to getting Zoro vs King as well :finally:

The moment King and Queen fall at the hands of Luffy's top men will be glorious :steef:
Imagine lacking the intelligence to see that the ''judge's son'' line meant foreshadowing for their fight. I remember some sanji fans ganging up on you because they wanted sanji vs king.
:doffytroll::doffytroll:

Why? Wouldn't it be worse if he stayed with Kaido considering its near guaranteed Luffy will outshine everyone in that case?

Hes not cheerleading luffy, he's fighting the only other antagonist on the level of Kaido. I don't see why he can't smile when Luffy says he'll win.
Him facing BM would have been fine if he wasn't all determined before the raid to avenge himself and Killer from Kaido however now he just let it all go because somehow magically Big Mom became his 1st priority.

It would have been infinitely better if he tag teamed with Luffy to take down Kaido together in my opinion then what we have now. That way he'll cement himself as an actuall rival for Luffy than just another Law 2.0.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
The hope is their interaction at least explains why she feels so compelled by Oden when the rest of her crew wasn't. I'm sure there's a huge tragic past coming.
Eh, I think it's mostly because Oden was a free man. Or rather, to Yamato Oden was the embodiment of freedom.

Since her birth, Yamato has been bound by Kaido, restricted to take only a particular role he fashioned for her. She was a caged bird that could never be free.

Her tragic past is her imprisonment. She was inspired by Oden at 8, so there's not much room for that.

No one else grew in similar circumstances, so there's no reason to ask why they weren't inspired by Oden.

At 8 years old, she witnessed Oden's death and was inspired by him:

She later found his journal and his stories moved her:

She wanted to be like Oden. She wanted to be Oden:

She wanted to be as free as Oden:

This is the most important panel to understanding Yamato's character:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
And we're on our way to getting Zoro vs King as well :finally:
Not yet. Zoro has still not indicated that he wants to defeat King, and vice versa.

Bruh imagine the outcry if Yamato has a dick :milaugh:
Progressive move by Oda if he does. :goyea:
But the meltdown :milaugh:
I wouldn't actually care, but Oda wouldn't do it. Yamato isn't actually a transman. It wouldn't be "progressive" either, because it sends the message that you need to be born with male genitals to be a man. Kiku is a woman despite having a dick.

Yamato is also a woman.

@Cinera Nothing against Yamato man but I have the sensation that if she joins the crew she will ultimately look inferior to Sanji regardless, power wise. When it's all said and done.
If Ace joined the crew would he become weaker than Sanji?
:choppawhat:

Yamato should be ~ Ace in potential and current power.

Imagine being Kaido tho

You think you’re having a party when all of the sudden dudes from 20 years ago show back up wanting to fight

You deal with them and then 5 dudes show up, 2 who should still be in prison, wanting to fight too

Deal with them and now you’re own daughter shows up and wants the smoke to:pepemy:
Kaido just wanted to drink some sake and cut Orochi’s head off. He’s the real victim here.

Imagine being Kaido tho

You think you’re having a party when all of the sudden dudes from 20 years ago show back up wanting to fight

You deal with them and then 5 dudes show up, 2 who should still be in prison, wanting to fight too

Deal with them and now you’re own daughter shows up and wants the smoke to:pepemy:
Kaido just wanted to drink some sake and cut Orochi’s head off. He’s the real victim here.
:josad::pepemotion:

Eh, I think it's mostly because Oden was a free man. Or rather, to Yamato Oden was the embodiment of freedom.

Since her birth, Yamato has been bound by Kaido, restricted to take only a particular role he fashioned for her. She was a caged bird that could never be free.

Her tragic past is her imprisonment. She was inspired by Oden at 8, so there's not much room for that.

No one else grew in similar circumstances, so there's no reason to ask why they weren't inspired by Oden.

At 8 years old, she witnessed Oden's death and was inspired by him:

She later found his journal and his stories moved her:

She wanted to be like Oden. She wanted to be Oden:

She wanted to be as free as Oden:

This is the most important panel to understanding Yamato's character:

Well, most of the strawhat flashbacks occurred when they were kids. I do expect their to be more layers to this than witnessing Oden's death. For example I can see her saying these words because of dealing the burden of being the child of a Yonko and not being able to live her life. But for what reasons? Their relationship is what I want to know more of.

Status
Not open for further replies.