Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 83

haha, good one artur. only, it isn't. that's Niko (ニコ) and it means smiling not laughing. nikanika is like barely-used internet slangfor smiling showing teeth

I's not that rare
It has also been discussed by Japanese on Twitter as well
Artur has made really annoying mistakes and will probably continue to make them, but that doesn't mean you should just blindly go against everything he said

I's not that rare
It has also been discussed by Japanese on Twitter as well
Artur has made really annoying mistakes and will probably continue to make them, but that doesn't mean you should just blindly go against everything he said
those arent the exact same sfx, there are different accent marks. the pronunciations are different. like the one where luffy's nose is running is like "niga" with emphasis on ni syllable and the angry one is more blocky lettering nika. its still more "smile with teeth" than it is laugh. the symbolism is there but artur is not accurately translating
Post automatically merged:

im wrong about how commonly its used though thank you

D

Deleted member 83

those arent the exact same sfx, there are different accent marks. the pronunciations are different. like the one where luffy's nose is running is like "niga" with emphasis on ni syllable and the angry one is more blocky lettering nika. its still more "smile with teeth" than it is laugh. the symbolism is there but artur is not accurately translating

im wrong about how commonly its used though thank you
I agree that his translation is not accurate

also sometimes name puns don't exactly have to be word for word, take Marco's Phoenix Pyreaple for example, pineapple and pear's pronunciation aren't even close and they're completely different fruits but since they share a kanji , Oda decide to be fun and apply pear's pronunciation nasi to pineapple (鳳梨)

People hated the spoilers and loved the chapter how surprising :milaugh:
I don't like it.

As a black man I feel well represented by Fisher Tiger and Jinbe
Not only black people, a lot of countries and their people worldwide have faced slavery and all kind of atrocities. For around 500 years my people were beheaded just because of their religion, their children stolen from them to become soldiers and never meet their parents ever again, and many others.

Last edited:
I don't like it.

Not only black people, a lot of countries and their people worldwide have faced slavery and all kind of atrocities. For around 500 years my people were beheaded just because of their religion, their children stolen from them to become soldiers and never meet their parents ever again, and many others.
Have you seen the news about mass graves of indigenous people in Canada?this stuff happens to this day!

In what particularly you mean?
well, senor pink with his bedridden wife. WsW suffer in ID and clung to the fairytale of Sun God

Waddya mean? We don't know if the fight is over yet but as far as I recall, Senor and Franky had a pretty long fight over many chapters (the ending to their fight only lasted a chapter, but they had multiple chapters tied to their fight.)

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Trashma Kibi Dangos work like Sugar's df? Unless someone KO's someone who ate Dango they won't turn back normal or it's still not explained?

B

Ballel

Shit, sad to hear this. Where are you from?

Status
Not open for further replies.