Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have the biggest feeling we are all jumping the gun here, simply because the handling of Ulti and P1 was unorthodox (and may not be finished) and technically this is the first actual fight of the arc.

Once we see how this is resolved it can give us a better picture on how the rest will go, but right now we really can't assume anything about the conclusion of said fight. At least pics can help us make some more guesses as to what may be happening.

It's probably more along the lines of Kaku, who was also stated to be a prodigy, but even so Lucci's potential is just on a whole other level.

People need to remember, that 12 years ago, Rob Lucci was only 18 whil WsW was 26. That's who WsW is being compared to.
Agree but given that Kaku wasn't actually compared to anyone, it wouldn't be similar to WW.

Maybe more closer to Jyabura who actually was believed to be close to Lucci before the secret mission.

If WW shows Rokuogan then his statement could have merit...but it is more likely that he's done for

It's probably more along the lines of Kaku, who was also stated to be a prodigy, but even so Lucci's potential is just on a whole other level.

People need to remember, that 12 years ago, Rob Lucci was only 18 whil WsW was 26. That's who WsW is being compared to.
Oda isn't doing math in his head, i.e. 12 + 8 - 4 * 46.

He's just using Rob Lucci comparison to hype up WW. Whether he is 100% as strong as him or not, doesn't matter, as Rob Lucci is a very strong dude.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
Didn't WsW openly state about an eventual Queen's death also referencing to a future calamity to take their place in that instance? To me it sounded like he presumably craved to challenge Queen in first person and take the spot if succeeding, rather than coming up with a team assault judging off the way it was worded. It's still speculation though.

IIRC not all Tobi Roppo were necessarily aiming for a calamity position also. The loudest ones were WsW and Sasaki, Drake looked like being uninterested and the others didn't seem like spelling any word in merit.

I don't know about that.. Jack seem to be fairly young calamity in a similar way to Shanks as a Yonko..

Could be that he's just loud or it could be that he's the real deal too.
I thought Jinbei and Sanji were depicted on the same level there..

I strongly disagree with that one, Jinbei is closer to Sanji than Franky..
Jack is younger but just see how Kaido talks to him and the calamities as a whole. He treats them all the same.

And I wouldnโ€™t say they appeared to be on the same level, after one of Jinbes ultimate attacks Wadatsumi was still relatively okay, but after one of sanjis before his power up wadatsumi was completely done. If it was a combo attack you may have a point, but it wasnโ€™t we saw a pretty direct comparison and Sanji was much more impressive.

And Sasaki ~ Whoโ€™s whoโ€ฆ Frankys fighting Sasaki and Jinbes fighting whoโ€™s whoโ€ฆ of course franky is closer to Jinbe than someone fighting one of Kaidos top two.

Oda isn't doing math in his head, i.e. 12 + 8 - 4 * 46.

He's just using Rob Lucci comparison to hype up WW. Whether he is 100% as strong as him or not, doesn't matter, as Rob Lucci is a very strong dude.
WsW is still the senior, being compared to his Junior. WsW and Kaku are both prodigies like Lucci is, but in terms of who has the greatest potential out of them, it's Lucci hands down. It definitely hypes up WsW as a prodigy, but it's not meant to say he has the same potential that Lucci does. If that was the case, the comparison would be the other way around, because WsW is the senior.
Post automatically merged:

Agree but given that Kaku wasn't actually compared to anyone, it wouldn't be similar to WW.

Maybe more closer to Jyabura who actually was believed to be close to Lucci before the secret mission.

If WW shows Rokuogan then his statement could have merit...but it is more likely that he's done for
Well, with Kaku, I meant just in terms of him being considered a prodigy.

Bogard

You can't win
โ€Ž
Lucci's Douriki is almost double that of Kaku. Kaku is not even debatable.
Tbf Kaku was the youngest, younger than Lucci(25 after the skip when when Lucci is 30). Back when Lucci and Jyabura were rivals, he was even younger without any df, but ended up surpassing Jyabura, was new to his fruit in Enies Lobby and currently the only former cp9 known to be in CP0 with Lucci

Didn't WsW openly state about an eventual Queen's death also referencing to a future calamity to take their place in that instance? To me it sounded like he presumably craved to challenge Queen in first person and take the spot if succeeding, rather than coming up with a team assault judging off the way it was worded. It's still speculation though.

IIRC not all Tobi Roppo were necessarily aiming for a calamity position also. The loudest ones were WsW and Sasaki, Drake looked like being uninterested and the others didn't seem like spelling any word in merit.
Nah that comment was about Drake. Both partnered to get the jump on Drake after this.

Not saying he's not up there in strength

It's quite clear Oda doesn't want to solidify Jinbe's position in the crew strength wise yet. That's why he's leaving the possibility of Who's Who beating Calamities up in the air. He's sending mixed signals on purpose.

Regardless of whatever interpretation of WW's strength, Land Jinbe mid diffing WW, even if a "YC4", easily puts him Top YC level. He might even rival/surpass King & co, when in water.

Lucci's Douriki is almost double that of Kaku. Kaku is not even debatable.
I'm not talking about just strength here. I'm talking about potential. Kaku is a Prodigy, which is why at the age of 23, he was comparable in strength to Jabra, who is 12 years older than him.

Lucci's potential is so great though, that despite being 7 years younger than Jabra, his strength was double than his.

Like Oda could easily clarify how strong WW is compared to the Calamities, or how Jinbe compares to Calamities/Sanji/Zoro.

He's purposefully leaving everything vague, but making sure to least show how Jinbe can compete with the strongest Commanders.

It's quite clear Oda doesn't want to solidify Jinbe's position in the crew strength wise yet. That's why he's leaving the possibility of Who's Who beating Calamities up in the air. He's sending mixed signals on purpose.

Regardless of whatever interpretation of WW's strength, Land Jinbe mid diffing WW, even if a "YC4", easily puts him Top YC level. He might even rival/surpass King & co, when in water.
Cracker biscuit soldier completely dominated g2/g3 Luffy and cracker was only YC3.
Doffy easily dominated Law in dressrosa
Katakuri one shot a veteran in Iciji. Jinbe fights equally with a YC4 uses several named attacks
and then beats him with a finisher now he is top YC? That's ridiculous

Grow up and get over it. Jinbe is having a balanced fight with WW, but landed an attack at the end of the chapter, nothing more than that.
Grow up and get over it. Sanji with RS was having a balanced fight with the weakest Tobi roppo Paypay , and didn't even beat him while using his daddy's power up whilst Jinbei mid diffed someone on another level than paypay :suresure:

Jack is younger but just see how Kaido talks to him and the calamities as a whole. He treats them all the same.

And I wouldnโ€™t say they appeared to be on the same level, after one of Jinbes ultimate attacks Wadatsumi was still relatively okay, but after one of sanjis before his power up wadatsumi was completely done. If it was a combo attack you may have a point, but it wasnโ€™t we saw a pretty direct comparison and Sanji was much more impressive.

And Sasaki ~ Whoโ€™s whoโ€ฆ Frankys fighting Sasaki and Jinbes fighting whoโ€™s whoโ€ฆ of course franky is closer to Jinbe than someone fighting one of Kaidos top two.
Just by being younger Kaido should know he's weaker than Queen and King..

Yeah Wadatsumi was completely done cause Jinbei did 50% and Sanji finished the remaining other 50%. In fact Jinbei has been spamming that attack in the new world like its Diable Jambe, so its not his ultimate technique as shown in this chapter. On the other hand, Sanji hasn't used his strongest post timeskip move since fishman island. Jinbei sent Wadastumi rolling and when Sanji used hell memories the big guy had lost all the air inside him already and was up in the sky..

I'm telling you we will see when Oda gets to Franky's fight, he has no chance of defeating Sasaki alone in my opinion.

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
It would be lame if WsW is really defeated this chapter. Page One and Ulti got knocked out god knows how many times.

Grow up and get over it. Sanji with RS was having a balanced fight with the weakest Tobi roppo Paypay , and didn't even beat him while using his daddy's power up whilst Jinbei mid diffed someone on another level than paypay :suresure:
Sanji danced around pageone. Jinbe traded named attacks, never showed dominance with Who's who and then beat him with
a secret finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.