Will ZKk Happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Momo is a child man. Like I can’t understand some of the takes y’all are having on his character. “He cries too much” “He’s too weak” yea no shit dude he’s literally a child😭😭 tf are y’all expecting him to do?
Because his father at an even younger age than him was a beast. That's why.

I do agree with you 100 percent that people bash momo to much especially since the dude is a child. However for this potential maturing powered-up momo to even make sense from a power standpoint would be to have current kid momo be fleshed out as being very strong for his age. So that once he matures via Shinobu devil fruit, his powerup would make sense
Post automatically merged:

I really wonder how much this maturity will affect Momo. Other than personality which is the most intuitive and presumable part, I imagine Oda will likely augment his power consistently. I hope he doesn't pull something that renders him as powerful as if he trained alone, that would not make sense because this is not time travel aging.
Bing exactly

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I do agree with you 100 percent that people bash momo to much especially since the dude is a child. However for this potential maturing powered-up momo to even make sense from a power standpoint would be to have current kid momo be fleshed out as being very strong for his age. So that once he matures via Shinobu devil fruit, his powerup would make sense
it is not a question of him aging, him fighting kaido or his powerup. i was only talking about his character, growth and development.

for an 8 year old in one piece, his character development in INSANE and he has gone through actual HELL as a child.

it is not a question of him aging, him fighting kaido or his powerup. i was only talking about his character, growth and development.

for an 8 year old in one piece, his character development in INSANE and he has gone through actual HELL as a child.
Him going through hell? Very true. His character development is not insane. We have katukiri, donflamingo, zoro, law, even luffy have greater character development at the exact same age as momo. Hell each of them at that exact age knew what they wanted to be and were willing to die for what they believed in. That was never momo. Now he is slowly becoming like that. However before meeting the Straw Hats (zoro) momo didn't even take it seriously enough to train. Why? Because he was scared and was not motivated enough to do so. He has lacked conviction in comparison to the people I mentioned above when they were the same age.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Hell each of them at that exact age knew what they wanted to be and were willing to die for what they believed in. That was never momo. Now he is slowly becoming like that.
didnt he just literally say that he is kozuki momonosuke and he is going to be the shogun of wano when faced with death? willing to die for what they believed in. sounds exactly like what momo did at 8.

Now he is slowly becoming like that.
yeah obviously its luffy's influence IMO. luffy is being the shanks esque figure to momo.

However before meeting the Straw Hats (zoro) momo didn't even take it seriously enough to train. Why? Because he was scared and was not motivated enough to do so. He has lacked conviction in comparison to the people I mentioned above when they were the same age.
i never see momo as a fighter honestly. he's someone like vivi for me. that is why this whole plot with him growing up and fighting kaido seems really stupid IMO.

G

Gorosei Informer

We dont know if she can apply Haki on the giant arms. Usually applying Haki on DF attacks not connected to the body is reserved for Awakening users, but Robin might be a special case due to the nature of her ability.
Yeah that's what I'm waiting to see and hoping for too. I forgot about awakening being needed to apply haki like that though, that makes sense, damn lol.

Its a very good point and will definitely be interesting to see how Oda handles this.

Seriously, something has gotta give. If the F6 are officially down, then pretty much all the strawhats have walked away from fights still able to battle. Meaning they have to functionally be used somewhere else. However, let's say for arguments sake:

- Page 1 and Ulti are down since they were announced.

- Black Maria, Sasaki and WsW are not down yet, providing further distractions for Robin, Franky and Jinbe.

Where does that leave?

- Usopp? Who does he support now? He's gotten nothing so far really.

- Nami? She's perfectly fine and has a strong tool to help fight somewhere now.

- Brook? What does he do after he finishes Fodder? He won't struggle any more than Robin, Jinbe, and Franky are.

- Chopper? What happens with Chopperjiji? Where does he go?

If those 3 F6 members are down, now Oda had to distract 3 additional strawhats somewhere else since they are all virtually fine. Where does Oda send these 7 strawhats? And if they aren't, what happens to the 4 I mentioned above? If P1 and Ulti are still around, then that STILL leaves Brook and Chopper.

I feel like the next 3-4 chapters are going to be really critical in understanding this. There are also so many non-strawhat fights left unresolved as well.
They will just go and help out around the place and there still loads of fodder lol.
Like they do that also every arc no matter how hard or easy there fights were.

didnt he just literally say that he is kozuki momonosuke and he is going to be the shogun of wano when faced with death? willing to die for what they believed in. sounds exactly like what momo did at 8.

yeah obviously its luffy's influence IMO. luffy is being the shanks esque figure to momo.

i never see momo as a fighter honestly. he's someone like vivi for me. that is why this whole plot with him growing up and fighting kaido seems really stupid IMO.

Did you not read where i said that momo is only now currently starting to become someone willing to die for what they believe in???

Momo shouldn't have needed any other influence based on what he had seen and went through. What influenced luffy was Shanks losing his arm. That moment is what helped lufy understand that he needed to be strong to stop this from happening to the people he loves. Momo didn't get this until meeting the strawhats. Which is not amazing character development.

Momo has to be a fighter to protect to wano and to be the next shogun. You lead with strength conviction and words

he was a child. when oden was alive he didnt experience anything. as doflamingo said, kids who grow up not knowing war and kids who grow up not knowing peace have different values. momo , until oden died , was a spoilt brat. he expected everything to come to him. the one thing i liked was him going around on a fucking world tour hoping to find a needle in a haystack , to find an ally in the multitude of pirates in the new world , almost dying multiple times , getting imprisoned in punk hazard.
he did, they were attacked by kaido's men before oden came back, and lived under orochi's rule for 5 years, and oden never thought of teaching him anything significant other than the meaning of his name, oden is a major contributor to why momo sucks.
exactly like you said. momo was a spoilt brat until luffy came around. luffy is momo's corazon type character. luffy is momo's jaguar d saul type character. you can see that he has been inspired by luffy multiple times, in zou, in udon, in onigashima when he thinks about how luffy bravely tells his ambition before he tells his own in front of the beast pirates.
law is a complete opposite of law, law abondened his childhood in the persuit of revenge and corazon felt sad for that, while momo remained a chiled even after his father's death, and all the responsibility was already handled by the scabbards.
until he was put in the shoes of an orphan, i agree. after that he learnt a lot. he has slowly been maturing looking at real leaders like his father in luffy, a real warrior in zoro and he has slowly started developing. the fact that he wanted to abort the raid and save his retainers' lives when there was no one at tokage port intially is solid growth ~ oden esque infact.

kaido made that statement, when he just keeps parroting the words his parents put in his mouth, when he could not muster the courage to tell his name & dream out proudly before the face of death. but you saw kaido himself hesitate in the panel after momo proclaims his name in onigashima. at onigashima, he had NO IDEA that the alliance had infiltrated the castle, that his retainers were on his way to save him.

at 8 years of age, he was willing to die with honour than to live in shame by rejecting his lineage. not many 8 year olds go through these experiences.
and i said it befor, that he's showing a slight progress, i understand that the few weeks he spent in wano helped him in making his father's ambition his own, that's it.
momo already hid his name, that was a bad writing decision from oda imo, and could just not put emphasis on it, remember the flashback that kin'emon had when kaido was about to kill him, and how they were training to pretend that they're father and sone, that's not proudly carrying the name, it's cowedice and shows that everything was handled by the scabbards.
dude wtf? it was shown multiple times that the fear of heights stem from kaido threatening to throw him out of the top most floor of the oden castle when he asked him his name after killing oden. the fear of heights came after he journeyed the world with roger so the sky island have nothing to do with it.
he literally lives in a high castle, the fear of heights suddenly appeared out of no where, are you suggesting that kaido holding him in that manner was the trigger for that? because i don't think so, momo words means that he always had that fear.
just gonna put this here.
what's that suppose to mean? the important thing is overcoming the defeat momo is still crying to this day.he overcame nothing despite the fact that it's been months since his family's ruin.
sanji ran away from his home for a better future.

momo at the age of 8, went on a world trip alone with a bunch of his retainers, found and made an alliance with the future pirate king and came back with an army to avenge kaido. even when captured and faced with death he was ready to die with honour than to live in shame. if he had not proclaimed his name in front of the thousands of alliance fighters watching the execution at onigashima, they all wouldve lost the will to fight. he proclaimed his name - showing that he would rather die than to give up the legacy of his father.

the journey was decided by the scabbards and toki, he was basically just a figure head, and the udon moment proved that, he never felt the weight of responsibility until it was throw at him there. he himself knows that the people only see oden not him, and even hyogoro talked about him as just a symbol of hope towardst the future, when the ignition of their moral was supposed to be entirely from luffy.
momo is not important because of his "charismatic" character, but rather his existence that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.