Will ZKk Happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
japan is waaay more nuanced. read up. 13 is the age of consent but that's only when the other partner is also 14 or something. for 16 year olds i think consent is applicable only when the other person is also under 18 or something.

oda got away with this writing. that doesnt mean its garbage. sanji is 21 and pudding is 16. in no way is that normal.
Nah that´s Germany (my country), 14 and up is legal if the other person is not older than 21 (literally Sanji´s situation). 16 and up has no age limit.
In Japan, adults can even marry a 16 year old girl, but marrying age for males is 18 if i remember correctly (double standard).

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
But obviously neither is worth of bringing such a heavy topic as "Pedophilia" into discussion. You don't trivialize such subjects in this manner just to get a kick out of shit talking fictional characters in a comic.
if you still think im doing it to just get a kick out of shit talking fictional characters then i cant help lol.

its legitimately bad writing. how are yall excusing oda for that shit and calling me a sanji hater for calling a spade a spade?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
It's a manga at the end of the day- and as long as the character in question is not a literal kid or similar, and is pretty much someone with a grown-ass person's mind, grown-ass person's body, and grown-ass person's everything, we should not try to look at it too deeply. Pudding ain't even human, for the record.

Oda's just retarded for making her 16 anyway. Nothing about her screams 16 lol
yeah agreed.

this whole conversation started when @Kuro Ashi told me that Sanji is cool and I said no. Then I told that sexual harassment and pedophilia will never be cool to me. why cant they understand that lmfao

if you still think im doing it to just get a kick out of shit talking fictional characters then i cant help lol.

its legitimately bad writing. how are yall excusing oda for that shit and calling me a sanji hater for calling a spade a spade?
I wouldn’t call it bad writing just a cultural difference. I personally think it’s nasty but it’s not my place to tell the Japanese what to do

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
yeah agreed.

this whole conversation started when @Kuro Ashi told me that Sanji is cool and I said no. Then I told that sexual harassment and pedophilia will never be cool to me. why cant they understand that lmfao
I thought he would tell you Zoro is cool.

He varies between the two depending on who gets the hype.

To put things into perspective on this Who's Who is the strongest Tobi Roppo coz he fought Jinbe argument and not to sleep on Jinbe as I still think he is the strongest outside of the M3 but on Enies Lobby even though Franky was far stronger than Chopper prior to the arc, Chopper fought a stronger opponent than Franky's mind you, so this argument that Who's Who is the strongest coz he fought Jinbe has a glaring hole in it.

Saying he's stronger than Ulti for instance simply coz he fought Jinbe when she has "way" better feats than him is not a good enough argument imo. Hell Ulti went through Linlin and survived lol

On paper imo, considering their abilities, the dinos at the very least are more impressive than Who's Who.
Who's who was taking out ab attack that didn't even look that impressive

Sanji's perverted shit is definitely overblown and out of line, so that i let anyone take jabs at him and give lighthearted "counters" to. That's why i only highlighted the other topic.

Like i said in the previous page, we don't even need to look at Japan or rl examples since

Heck from a maturity standpoint given Pudding's character she's way more on an equal playing field with Sanji than someone like Boa is with Luffy. Not only that the age gap is twice as large, but Luffy is also way less mature when it comes to his sexuality or understanding of Boa's advances.

But obviously neither is worth of bringing such a heavy topic as "Pedophilia" into discussion. You don't trivialize such subjects in this manner just to get a kick out of shit talking fictional characters in a comic.
On a similar note, japanese sense of humor in general is fucking weird. Like, really weird.

Sanji/Pudding is extremely tame compared to couple stuff some of these anime pull... I wonder if the audience there doesn't care. Or, well, the mangaka doesn't care about what's normalized in west and what's not, ig

Heck from a maturity standpoint give Pudding's character she's way more on an equal playing field with Sanji than someone like Boa is with Luffy. Not only that the age gap is twice as large, but Luffy is also way less mature when it comes to his sexuality or understanding of Boa's advances.

Imagine if Boa was a man with 31 yo and Luffy a girl with 17 yo girl :milaugh:
But since Luffy is the man it looks like it's ok, unfortunately Pudding is 16 and Sanji is 21 so for some clowns it makes him a pedo :kobeha:

(And this includes completely ignoring the whole context of how Sanji and Pudding came up to each other and how "innocent" Pudding is):nicagesmile:)

On a similar note, japanese sense of humor in general is fucking weird. Like, really weird.

Sanji/Pudding is extremely tame compared to couple stuff some of these anime pull... I wonder if the audience there doesn't care. Or, well, the mangaka doesn't care about what's normalized in west and what's not, ig
If anything between Pudidng and Sanji, Sanji is the "innocent" one, and Pudding is the one manipulating him into a relationship to rip certain benefits for herself and her family.

She's the one who's duplicious, the one who's aware and in control the whole time, and trying to take advantage of the other person.

She's also the one with experience, having done this with others many times before.

Sanji's almost literally a "lamb for slaughter" in this scenario.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Don't say you agree and then go on with the Pedophilia shit :nicagesmile:
lol am i not allowed to like some parts of sanji's character now? if i just say i dont like the sexual harassment gags and the pudding stuff is that ok now? am i allowed to have an opinion on a manga i like and in which i am invested?

im sorry if your standards for what is cool and what is not is so low lol. sanji's 21 and all the stuff with pudding a person who's 16 and 5 years younger than sanji is straight up illogical to me.

pretimeskip sanji was waaay cooler with the whole spy/007 style aura to him. the stuff in enies lobby, the hunter scene, the scene with enel, the mr. prince thing when he came in super clutch.

post timeskip sanji is a shell of his former self in that regard. i loved parts of whole cake island but i cannot condone the behavior with pudding lmfao.

Status
Not open for further replies.