Should MonsterZoro be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right!? Well said!

:arnoling::cheers:
That's what irks me off so much especially! I really enjoyed Skypeia for those reasons and it sold me so much on OP during that time I was watching it! (I was anime first to OP)

Those people completely miss the point, the spirit, themes, message, whatever of OP as you said. It's completely baffling and ridiculous.

:lusalty::mihugh::odenugh::sanjimeh:

If there's any arc that summarises Oda's feelings, personality, thoughts, ambitions especially as a writer, it's Skypeia! I'm not sure what his favourite arc would be but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Skypeia! I also loved Water 7 for it's world building/design too for example!

Zou also felt like a post TS Skypeia and imo Elbaf is gonna be a lot like that too. I really hope so and can't wait for it if that's true.

The Romance of Adventure, Romance Dawn, why Oda didn't want "Romance in the crew" and such, it really does go over their heads doesn't it?

Oda apparently said recently he loves doing OP for drawing new characters, creating them more than anything. He was supposed to be joking but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. He does make some very iconic, memorable, hilarious, creative characters, ones that really stand out too!

OP has really lost that sense of adventure post TS but I hope it comes back in full force with Elbaf, Lodestar if we get that as an arc or whatever and Laugh Tale especially ofc. End the series on a high and back to it's beginnings, it's roots. Go full circle and such.

I gotta say I did love the creativity of his during these arcs though, I thought WCI was still really impressive with the world building for it, Capone's DF, Big Mom's homies, Zunisha, Punk Hazard's design, Wano's waterfalls and currents as well as its unique art style, Dressrosa's architecture/design style, Mary Geoise's contraptions at Reverie arc , especially that balloon elevator thing (fuck the slave travelator thing or w/e it was, the conveyor belt or so?) and so on.
Yeah i'm sorry, there is nothing in OP more mesmerizing than this scene imho.

Jayabaya/Joyoboyo the king of ancient kingdom was believed the decendant of the gods, some said Brahma others said Vishnu,.. Vishnu had avatars or incarnations, Rama and Krisna, Rama is a prince who was exiled from his kingdom...

What if,... D Clan is actually the real decendants of gods not celestial dragons, D is a short of God in many language, will of D is will of god,..

Monkey D. = Hanuman = Monkey King/God = Sun Wukong

Jaguar D. = Jaguar Gods in Mayan

Rama and Momonosuke have similar backgrounds, and it is said Hanuman (Luffy) helped Rama in many incidents...

So Joyboy is either Momonosuke or Luffy in someway..

Zoro and Sanji are on the same level because they're attacking together but they're also below Chopper level now

:kappa:
Dude it's just basic logic. In this case Luffy and chopper are facing fodder enemies. It could have been Luffy and usoop or even luffy and nami. This doesn't mean Luffy and chopper are on the same level because the enemies are really weak.

In Sanji and Zoro case they are facing two enemies much stronger and on the same level powerwise.

G

Gorosei Informer

Did Oda forgot about this person? :crazwhat:
It still keeps really bothering me, who the the fuck is this person? Lmfao. It must be Hiyori as she can close the act and she's been missing since before Onigashima started? What has she been doing this whole time and where is she? It surenly can't be Toki as much as I'd prefer her to be alive for Momo and Hiyori's sake. It's definitely NOT Enel despite a lot of idiots actually believing that LMAO!
Although I would love Enel in this arc! And there is someone who resembles him kinda, that head ninja, Fukurokuju or w/e lol.

Seriously though Oda, between this, Apoos DF name and Act 3 ending, what is going on? Has he really forgotten about all of these? Or is Act 3 seriously meant to be this long too?

Remember how we were supposed to find out what happened to Sabo, Boa and Vivi last year? LOL! And how Shanks or a certain red haired pirate at least is supposed to make their move this year too? LOL

:kriwhat::goatasure:

The Pandemic has probably fucked up Oda's pacing even more ofc, but damn, I really hope Oda knows what he is doing and this is all intentional somehow.

This silhouette person bothers me the most, what the point of them being there? Being shown? Just who are they? Where are they now? Why has nobody seen or mentioned them? Encountere them? Where the fuck is Hiyori? lol

How did Tama get to Onigashima without Hitestu noticing and freaking out and yet hes celebrating at the Fire Festival with Toki instead, not caring Tama is gone?

My head hurts now lmao.

:nicagesmile::gokulaugh:

Jayabaya/Joyoboyo the king of ancient kingdom was believed the decendant of the gods, some said Brahma others said Vishnu,.. Vishnu had avatars or incarnations, Rama and Krisna, Rama is a prince who was exiled from his kingdom...

What if,... D Clan is actually the real decendants of gods not celestial dragons, D is a short of God in many language, will of D is will of god,..

Rama and Momonosuke have similar backgrounds, and it is said Hanuman (Luffy) helped Rama in many incidents...

I don´t think OP will feature real gods, but certain characters being revered as such.

As far as i remember, it´s a shitty translation.
Basically one is a normal but still dangerous way (though of course we don´t know where high west is), the other is knock-up stream.
I mean Nami's statement and this idea of island hopping don't contradict each other so I presume that part should be true, maybe the peak of the "high west" part is false?

Then there's also the mystery of that beanstalk into which a part of Jaya drilled into. I wonder where the base of that stalk is. There's a theory that just like the branches of eve tree are spread across the depths of ocean, the adam tree (maybe the one in Elbaf) has its own branches spread across the sky.

Maybe it's just one of its branches on which Jaya landed.

Last edited:
It still keeps really bothering me, who the the fuck is this person? Lmfao. It must be Hiyori as she can close the act and she's been missing since before Onigashima started? What has she been doing this whole time and where is she? It surenly can't be Toki as much as I'd prefer her to be alive for Momo and Hiyori's sake. It's definitely NOT Enel despite a lot of idiots actually believing that LMAO!
Although I would love Enel in this arc! And there is someone who resembles him kinda, that head ninja, Fukurokuju or w/e lol.

Seriously though Oda, between this, Apoos DF name and Act 3 ending, what is going on? Has he really forgotten about all of these? Or is Act 3 seriously meant to be this long too?

Remember how we were supposed to find out what happened to Sabo, Boa and Vivi last year? LOL! And how Shanks or a certain red haired pirate at least is supposed to make their move this year too? LOL

:kriwhat::goatasure:

The Pandemic has probably fucked up Oda's pacing even more ofc, but damn, I really hope Oda knows what he is doing and this is all intentional somehow.

This silhouette person bothers me the most, what the point of them being there? Being shown? Just who are they? Where are they now? Why has nobody seen or mentioned them? Encountere them? Where the fuck is Hiyori? lol

How did Tama get to Onigashima without Hitestu noticing and freaking out and yet hes celebrating at the Fire Festival with Toki instead, not caring Tama is gone?

My head hurts now lmao.

:nicagesmile::gokulaugh:
Just to clarify, Oda never said we would find out, he just asked "ugh what happened to them" rhetorically.
And Shanks made his move, he went snitching.

This is pretty interesting

I mean Nami's statement and this idea of island hopping don't contradict each other so I presume that part should be true, maybe the peak of the "high west" part is false?

Then there's also the mystery of that beanstalk into which a part of Jaya drilled into. I wonder where the base of that stalk is. There's a theory that like the branches of eve tree are spread across the depths of ocean, the adam tree (maybe the one in Elbaf) has its own branches spread across the sky.

Maybe it's just one of its branches which Jaya landed.
Other way around.

Crew: Oh... yeah, maybe...

Knight: Are you Blue Sea Dwellers?

Nami: What's that?
...and who are you?

Knight: I am the "Sky Knight".
Blue Sea Dwellers are what we call those who live below the clouds.
Which means you came up from the blue sea.

Luffy: ...yeah, that's right.

Knight: Well, no wonder... This is the "White Sea", 7,000 meters above the "Blue Sea".
And the "White White Sea" above us is over 10,000 meters.
The bodies of normal Blue Sea Dwellers can not handle the air...

- Page 30 -

Luffy: Okay!! I'm gettin' used to it.

Zoro: Yeah, I feel a lot better than before.

Knight: NONONONO. (entirely impossible)

Chopper: How could that other guy walk on top of the clouds?

Knight: Now now, wait a minute... I'm sure you have plenty of questions,
but first, let's talk business.
I am a free mercenary, and this is a dangerous sea.
If one is not ready to battle in the sky, one will be attacked by guerillas like you just saw, and become food for the airfish.
I WILL SAVE YOU FOR THE PRICE OF
5 MILLION EXTOLS PER WHISTLE.

- Page 31 -

Luffy: What are you talking about?

Knight: NWAH!!
You... but that's so reasonable!!
Not one Extol lower!! I have to make a living, you know!!

Usopp: Sky Island scary. Sky Island scary.

Sanji: So what's an Extol? And this whistle whatever.

Knight: You...
You didn't come here from Highwest?
You must have passed by at least one or two islands.

Luffy: No, what are you talking about?!

Nami: Wait a minute!! There are other ways to get to Sky Island?!
...and this "one or two" islands... There's more than one island?

- Page 32 -

Knight: ...What?! You mean you rode that MONSTROUS JETSTREAM?!!
...hard to believe there are still any so bold as yourselves...

Nami: ...I knew it... it wasn't the normal route...

Luffy: Who cares, we still made it. We still made it, who cares?

Nami: I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO DIE!!! IF WE HAD JUST GOTTEN INFORMATION WE COULD HAVE SAFELY...

Knight: You did not lose any members of your crew?

Luffy: Nope, we all came together.

Knight: That would not happen on the other route...
If you take 100 people, it's a risk to see who will arrive safely and who will not.
But the Knock Up Stream only decides whether the crew as a whole will LIVE or DIE.
There are none who are willing to risk all or nothing, especially in recent years.
I commend you for your bravery and sailing skill.

G

Gorosei Informer

Personally can´t. FI had some really questionable stuff (nosebleed) but once again thematically it was on point, taking up Arlong once again and inverting Inherited Will.
But from a combat standpoint it was disappointing of course since after so long, we got see the Strawhats, and they faced weak opponents.
Completley agree! I guess like in Onigashima now, it was meant to showcase how much stronger the SHs had gotten and are more capable now, but it was still so underwhelming at the time! I really didn't like Hody either and aside from some funny and awesome moments by the SHs, it was disappointing combat wise. "

"Dancing Monster Chopper" is still burned into my mind, the horror, the horror....

I did really enjoy Usopps new abilities though, Brooks fight with Zeo was funny, Robin was great at the time and Franky was awesome but I think the world building/lore and narrative definitely were its strongest points. The Arlong throwbacks, the Fisher Tiger story, the themes of racism and so on, very interesting and powwerful stuff. Inverting Inherited Will too, that sa great point as well.

The nosebleed really bothered me in that arc too, made me very angry at OP and Oda for a long time after it too. It really spoilt a lot of the arc for me. And then there was Van Der Decken too...and Shirahoshi crying a lot but I guess it was understandable in her case?

But yeah we also got to see Jinbei again and get to see Fishman Island finally. The backstories of him and Fisher and Arlong, the extended lore and such, was really great.
Post automatically merged:

Just to clarify, Oda never said we would find out, he just asked "ugh what happened to them" rhetorically.
And Shanks made his move, he went snitching.
Ah that sucks lol and LMAO DAMN, now that does burn! Talk about being careful for what you wish/ask for lol. I still hope we get an actual update on them later this year or so somehow. I really want to know what happened to the Warlords too with the Marines hunting them.

:usoprice:
:lusalty::mihugh:
:king::endthis:

Status
Not open for further replies.