Status
Not open for further replies.
Really @playa4321 ? I mean it's so obvious Oda doesn't give a fuck about others things than SH. Robin vs Black Maria took 2 or 3 chapters when dukes vs pero/jack, just two pages lol. When you look at jack hybrid, it's so clear Oda didn't give a fuck about those fights. He just wanted Inu to take Jack for Zou and Neko for Pedro's death. Next week, Raizou vs Fuku in one or two page, Apoo and Hawkins probably the same.

The off paneled fights are easier for Oda to move the plot and finish it.
The impression I get from this chapter is that Oda initially had big plans for Jack, Drake, Apoo, Peros, Killer and Hawkins in this war, but as he became distracted by unnecessary plost and subplots, he realized belatedly that the arc had lengthened more than should and could not focus on highlighting these characters. Why not make any sense some decisions Oda as:

• Bringing Perospero to Onigashima and hinting at multiple times that he would significantly impact the outcome of the main stage fights, and ultimately defeat him offscreen;
• Preventing Jack from being killed at the top by Neko and Inu, potentially being the moment that should actually have been introduced to Jack's hybrid form with more impact than it actually was, only to eventually be murdered outright as a character and calamity without relevance or weight.

Like, what sense is there in keeping these characters within the core narrative of Onigashima and giving them such a ghastly, poorly written ending when you could have gloriously taken them out of the current narrative in earlier moments that made more sense?

Well, any arc from now on will be full of characters, Oda should get it together or it's just going to get worse.
Post automatically merged:

CoC attack is not a Quake punch. Prime WB's CoC strike is above a base Quake punch, look at how he clashed with Roger.
Really this seems like you jumping through hoola hoops.

Was Kaidos initially TB even an acoc attack?

It really wasn't as strong as a primebeard Quake

Regardless. Then it doesn't change my point. Primebeard could absolutely demolish Akainu within 3 hits with adcoc

Well, any arc from now on will be full of characters, Oda should get it together or it's just going to get worse.
Yes, but after Wano Luffy will be emperor level so Oda is rushing things. But If we put admirals to this arc Wano will be 200 chapter long and thats something that nobody wants. I agree with you about Big Mom she shouldnt be in this arc.

If Sanji's given the light fruit now, do you think he can pull off attacks like Yasaka No Magatama at Kizaru's level?
Immediately? No, because it's not like he gets a full list of abilities he could do, but if he has seen Kizaru use his abilities as much as BB has observed WB using the Gura Gura then nothing speaks against it.

Only Awakening is a different story and abilities like shape-shifting as they need training. Don't see why Yasakani no magatama is something Sanji shouldn't be able to pull off.

Really this seems like you jumping through hoola hoops.

Was Kaidos initially TB even an acoc attack?
No.
It really wasn't as strong as a primebeard Quake
Baseless.
Regardless. Then it doesn't change my point. Primebeard could absolutely demolish Akainu within 3 hits with adcoc
If Akainu doesn't defend? Yes, but Akainu can one shot Primebeard with a simple magma fist to the skull.

Immediately? No, because it's not like he gets a full list of abilities he could do, but if he has seen Kizaru use his abilities as much as BB has observed WB using the Gura Gura then nothing speaks against it.

Only Awakening is a different story and abilities like shape-shifting as they need training. Don't see why Yasakani no magatama is something Sanji shouldn't be able to pull off.

No.

Baseless.

If Akainu doesn't defend? Yes, but Akainu can one shot Primebeard with a simple magma fist to the skull.
Lol akainu wanker.

Primebeard negs Akainu

In a world where power levels exist *unlike one piece* Luffy would be Yonko level for sure. Now that doesn't mean that he's as strong as Kaido or Whitbeard, there's power hierarchy even amongst Yonkos too, but at this point Luffy is for sure Yonko level.

I'd say: Kaido>Big Mom=Shanks>Luffy=Blackbeard
I'd say after wano blackbeard>kaido>shanks=big mom>luffy
Blackbeard is the new generation rocks. 2 dfs probably has all three types of haki and he could get another df he was a monster before even having a df

That's every shonen series though. It either takes time magic shit to make people stronger (DBZ, Bleach, etc) or random spurts of power growth due to resolve or some other shit.

Most protagonists are young men who surpass people who are 2,3,4x their age. It is what it is.
Well Paper, that's what I said or at least wanted to say.

If you accept that OP is really just another fun shonen and not even close to some kind of exceptionally well written work of literature (like some guys talk it up to) it really is fun and enjoyable despite quite a few logical issues.

What you all rate Wano out of 10? Personally i think it could've been better, so my rating is 7.6/10 (would put an 8...but idk, I'm just not feeling like it should get that score, not every arc is gonna be top tier), let's hope Elbaf brings back some excitement to the table, whenever it comes around at least, I just miss the adventurous, piratey feeling One piece used to have in it's arcs, Wano lacked that feeling ever since it started off, so it feels sorta hollow for me, still a good arc, but nothing spectacular to say, maybe it's because i've been reading it weekly ever since Wano started is why i think it's not all that, maybe binge watching it will give it a better reception from me, idk, even the side characters in Wano seem forgettable, some at least, like Tama:whitepress:, and a few others i don't care to mention, idk man maybe i'm just tired of the samurai theme? Which tbh, wasn't executed to it's fullest potential, I think i'm also tired of the "open the borders" and the "defeat kaido" and the "i'm Oden!" Stuff....gosh, they talk about that shit too much man! Especially Oden!:lusalty:, The man's dead, fulfill his wish, which is beat kaido, free Wano kuni and open up the borders! That's it! No need to yab about it so much, people already know what the goal is here, jeez, anyways that's enough rambling from me, maybe i just felt like blowing off some steam, I may not have brought up any valid points but...give me your insight, I wanna know what people think about Wano as a whole.
I agree with you on the piraty theme but and the side characters and the whole odens stuff 100% but we in wano its not really exposed to pirates like that so im sure elbaf or the upcoming arcs will have that vibe again at least i hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.