Strongest YC1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Sorry, King has yet to demonstrate the speed to deal with Katakuri's FS.
Doesn't work that way. Unless you think Snakeman is as fast as Marco or faster, who King could keep up with.

He has the durability to endure but unless he can outlast Katakuri (who can go for hours), he will succumb
Katakuri took a lot of breaks and even had his Merienda in the middle of the fight.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Has Kaido gotten so weak he can't even attack when Luffy wraps his leg around his neck? Or Is base Luffy that strong now even outside his COC attacks?
Base Luffy got some insane stat boosts post chapter 1010 imo. He wasn't keeping up with Hybrid Kaido in chapter 1009 even after using Future Sight while he is able to do stuff like this now XD. It's Enies Lobby all over again lol.

Luffy was struggling to dodge Hybrid Kaido even while using FS before the adv CoC buff while Kaido was dodging his attacks with ease. But post the adv CoC buff, Luffy is able to keep up with Hybrid Kaido 1 for 1 for some reason.

Now I don't know what happened lol. Either Oda gave him multiple boosts in all stats to push him to the scale of a Yonko as fast as possible or adv CoC gives some form of speed buff as well, while I personally lean towards the former, knowing Oda's track record.

This is why I think, at the very least post Chapter 1010 Luffy, should not be used to scale his previous opponents since there's a clear boost in all of his stats, to make him undeniably a Top Tier.

S

Shepherd

Doesn't work that way. Unless you think Snakeman is as fast as Marco or faster, who King could keep up with.
Snakeman is faster than Marco, had FS during that fight as well as extended attacks that counter Katakuri's FS, none of which Marco nor King have displayed.

Katakuri took a lot of breaks and even had his Merienda in the middle of the fight.
I suppose the Merienda is a fair point, I can't really argue here because I am unsure of the extent that Merienda contributed.

Wasn't Katakuri fighting for a good couple of hours before he went to eat?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Do you have any credible arguments or is that all you got?

Marco was keeping up with Kizaru during the Marineford War comfortably. Snakeman hasn't shown anything even close to that.
Post automatically merged:

Snakeman is faster than Marco, had FS during that fight as well as extended attacks that counter Katakuri's FS, none of which Marco nor King have displayed.
Marco was keeping up with Kizaru comfortably during the Marineford War and has a lot of other speed feats in general. His speed is extremely underrated.

I just don't think Katakuri and Snakeman should be scaled above Marco unless they show something similar.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
We'll have to wait and see, although I would not be surprised if it was the former rather than the latter. Kaido should theoretically have much more stamina than what he has shown us so far when you factor in how Aokiji & Akainu were able to fight for 9 days on end.
How long you last in a fight depends on how much you're exerting yourself in a fight. Jack fought for five days with no signs of slowing down. Kaido also fought BM for 3 days. Most top-tiers would be half dead, if not defeated, if they took the same attacks that Kaido's did so far. It's no wonder he's losing breath.

Marco was keeping up with Kizaru during the Marineford War comfortably. Snakeman hasn't shown anything even close to that.
I could give you" credible" arguments, but you clearly have no idea what that word means.

Is Luffy light speed because he dodged Pacifista lasers? They're literally BASED on Kizaru's DF.

Reacting to something by using CoO, is not matching its speed. Not even close.

Post automatically merged:

Marco was keeping up with Kizaru comfortably during the Marineford War and has a lot of other speed feats in general. His speed is extremely underrated.

I just don't think Katakuri and Snakeman should be scaled above Marco unless they show something similar.
Kizaru's combat speed is trash. Even Rakuyo could keep up. He hasn't blitzed anyone of note besides deathbead Yonko and pre=skip fodder Supernova.

He can only go lightspeed under certain conditions. That's what the vivre card was talking about before you go there.

S

Shepherd

Most top-tiers would be half dead, if not defeated, if they took the same attacks that Kaido's did so far. It's no wonder he's losing breath.
Well, I imagine they would not take the attacks that Kaido did, but instead focused their energy on dodging or defending with their DF which also is very energy-consuming.

Also, I place Aokiji and Akainu respectively as top-top tier, they have among the most destructive DF's in the series so I don't see why their AP wouldn't be above 12 low-to-high Yonko-Commander level combatants.

@Gol D. Roger here we go again with the Pacifista argument :saden:

Pre Timeskip Zoro dodged that shit. Pacifistas are replicas. They are clearly not the same as Kizaru's Devil Fruit.
You seem to fail at basic logic. Dodging a bullet does not make you "bullet speed". The same as taking a bullet for someone (what Marco did) does not make you "bullet speed".

Pacifistas have the same mechanism as Kizaru's DF. They're based on it. Light is light, DF or not.

Honestly you gotta appreciate the strength of King here. Among the crew Zoro and Jimbei probably have the best defense, Their often portrayed as very defensive/tanky characters they don't do much dodging in combat, so its very rare to see Zoro get sent flying.

but sanji tanked the same king that ragdolled zoro with ease no injuries
:cheers:

I could give you" credible" arguments, but you clearly have no idea what that word means.

Is Luffy light speed because he dodged Pacifista lasers? They're literally BASED on Kizaru's DF.

Reacting to something by using CoO, is not matching its speed. Not even close.
Its worth noting that you don't need snakeman level speed to keep up with or dodge Katakuri or people with FS more generally. You just need to be "fast enough".

Status
Not open for further replies.