Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
she looks strong against the likes of page 1 and judge, even killer looked like a god taking down hawkins.

kid easily blocked cognac, but when he tried to block kaido's random wind scythes he coundn't
Why block when the slash wasn't hitting him to begin with
Post automatically merged:

He probably used (invisible) haki against big mom but not against kaido

I think this chapter really develops a couple characters really well; we see Kid have some nice introspection on his “failures” as a pirate, and it’s nice to see some characterization other than the “cockiness” with no results. Killer is a strong right-hand man, and he really was able to analyze the situation under high stress so he ate that.

I also like how Big Mom is portrayed here, a lot of people are overlooking it, but she isn’t trying. Her throughout their fight we see her laugh and taunt them more; saying how she’s surprised they haven’t fought back hard enough and it’s showing. She wants more of a challenge (something she expected from Kid), and at the end of the chapter she’s smiling because she’s gonna get one lol.

Honestly, I'm disappointed in Hawkins, not because he's weak but because he gave up.

All the other Supernova up to now faced adversity and hadn't given up, and then we have this dude.

Look at Bege. Despite everything, he still planned to kill Big Mom and didn't give up. Even though Hawkins was serving Kaido, I assumed he had some big plan lined up, but I guess that isn't the case.

What a pussy.

Yep, i agree with you

But it is according to his character. He goes along the odds, he faced Kizaru when the odds were good and gave up againt Kaido when the oddds were bad.

There might be Denjiro vs Orochi with Orochi taking Hiyori as hostage
Denjiro already cut Orochi's head off. He's been missing for 20 chapters, so clearly he's somewhere else doing something.

There's also a reasonable theory to assume that that person who healed them was not Hiyori. It's been 25 chapters and it was a silhouette. That makes zero sense to hide a known character this long. I'm still guessing Kanjuro's true form. And we'll see him healing Kiku/Kin while crying again. Either that or it's Toki's dead spirit lol, it IS the fire festival after all

Once again I have to say: From a logical standpoint very little made any sense this chapter (I could write a paper about all the logical problems and inconsistencies).

However, since I've given up on judging OP like that anyway, it was actually a fun read once again.

Killer's performance was nice to see ... Hawkins' not so much.

Only fights left:

Raizo vs Fukurujo
Drake vs Apoo
Sanji vs Queen
Zoro vs King
Kid/Law vs BM
Luffy vs Kaido
We still have to factor weird shit like Numbers, CP-0 or the BMP. They (likely) won't lead to any major fights but it's interesting because we know:

- 4 Numbers remain (yes yes, fodder)
- CP-0 ships are about to run into the BMP near the water fall
- CP-0 intends to take Robin again.

There are additional conflicts outside of these 6 fights. Plus, I see Momo getting his sword back and fighting Orochi, so that's another one too

This chapter basically confirms Big Mom will lose to nerfed Kid and Law
:suresure::kobeha::denzimote:
Yeah, they're huffing and puffing and are bloodied up while failing to do any damage to BM and BM is having fun, laughing and insulting them, pretty solid confirmation right there

OK chapter, the Sanji part at the beginning was interesting. Killer vs Hawkins was kinda filler. Let's hope Big Mom doesn;t go down pathetically against Kidd and Law, who are leagues below Luffy in terms of Haki. Also Big Mom has barely fought anyone compared to Kaido (who took attacks from all scabbards, supernovas, Yamato, and then Luffy again)
Both Kaido and Big Mom like to play with their food until they get bored or angry.

Honestly, I'm disappointed in Hawkins, not because he's weak but because he gave up.

All the other Supernova up to now faced adversity and hadn't given up, and then we have this dude.

Look at Bege. Despite everything, he still planned to kill Big Mom and didn't give up. Even though Hawkins was serving Kaido, I assumed he had some big plan lined up, but I guess that isn't the case.

What a pussy.
To be totally fair: Apoo is just the same bitch like him.

Both are the most pathetic supernova out there.

Lost any kind of respect for them.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Bonney :sweat::sweat::sweat::smoothy::smoothy:

Kid on demon time
- Went to Big Mom's terrirotry and stole something of value
- Injured one of her Sweet Commanders
- Tanked her punch on the roof and smile
- Tanked her Fulgora attack
- Almost ended her life on the roof
- Overpowered her and slamed her to the floor
- Tanked another one of her newer attack even though he was nerfed and stood up smilng
Big Mom is done out here:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

Last edited:
Well, there’s as blatant confirmation as there’s going to be that Law and Kid will be beating Big Mom (aside from when they actually do it), which should finally end the the fanboy stuff about any other supernova not named Luffy being above either of them. They’re two of the top three of the generation and Luffy’s rivals. They were never going to be weaker than anybody but him within that group. Pretty apparent what’s going to happen, based on the ending scene of the chapter.

It’s also great that we’re getting ready to see that fight in its entirety as well. I’m looking forward to it, maybe a bit more than Zoro vs King though not as much as Luffy vs Kaido. Hyped to see it play out.

Hawkins served his purpose as a character well. In a story where being daring and facing overwhelming odds is so important, it was clear that a man who left his decisions up to cards and taking the safest chance would eventually have his philosophy challenged like this.

It makes sense that not every supernova would end up being as dauntless as Luffy and Kid and would crack under the pressure of the Yonko. The fact that he did show signs of regret just deepens his character honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.