Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely trash chapter.
"its a miracle" a miracle? no its a fking asspull that u are alive.
law and kidd casually talking about awakened power and used it like nothing. I mean.... okay...
Its just asspulls after asspulls and fake deaths after fake deaths. I know OP doesnt kill chars like nothing... but this is just too much. A war with kaido where bm is there too and literally nothing happens. feels cheap as f.
Im willing to look aside some dumb shit that happens but come on... enough is enough. 1/10 chapt. would give 0 if I could.
Post automatically merged:

Thats a way to indirectly say that oda sucks.
well done

bro I didnt even think that oda could bring the amnesia shit again... holy f that would be so but so trash....lets see...

If I read correctly the bs awaken power that came out of nowhere... ehem... is used as laste resort since it takes lots of stamina they wont be able to fight again after this.

Thats always the excuse. "The gags have always been present", the "fake deaths aways been present" etc etc.

Yes, its part of this manga, but theres limits to it. and times for it. Doesnt mean that its ok just because its oda doing it, or because it always had gags times.
hes a writer, he should improve over time. I enjoyed a lot of his gags and didnt mind some of his fake deaths. But come on, dont bring writing bs to save some one ass. when he does that, it ends the "its a manga thing" to a "its a oda write problem". you like it? good for you.

I dont remember this many "shit" happening on ace death arc.
This is a war where kaido and bm is. this kind of things is just stupid and cheap. it should have a little more of a serious side. otherwise all the hype, and storytelling he "said" before is just a fking joke.

kaido? hes a joke. cant even cut a weekling cuz magically "wow law attached me wrong" come on. hes fking KAIDO
bm? shes a joke
luffy? hesa joke. lost offcreen to kaido where he threw him to the water where magically was rescued.
powerscales? fking joke
jack? woops another joke.

offcreens, oneshots, bs storytelling.
If you are good with that, man I honestly im glad for you. I wish I could overlook all the shit writing, but saddly I cant.

Just looking forward to see shanks, one piece and roger being a joke too.
How come ace died from the same hit jimbei tanked. Is ace just gay and shitty

I wish people would realize that just bitching about the same shit constantly doesn't do anything and most people still like the comic. Why do you all need everyone to agree with you lol.

Kinemon being alive is literally the first time I've been surprised by a character being alive this whole manga lol. And Oda is calling himself out so hard on that page and referencing every single fake out death in wano with kinemons dialogue I have to think there's a good payoff here.

I think kinemon is actually probably dead right now and the fire festival is actually doing something weird about the spirits of the dead. All of wano is based on Japanese folklore and usopp literally called kinemon a yokai and pointed out his bloody wounds. So:

Specifically there's the yuurei.

https://yokai.com/yuurei/

Appearance: They retain the features and the clothing they wore when they died or were buried, which means they are dressed in white burial kimonos or the uniforms of fallen warriors. Occasionally, they have bloody wounds indicative of the way they died.

Interactions: They do not roam about, but haunt one particular place or person. In the case of a place it is often where they died or are buried. They remain stuck in this world until they can be put to rest. This might require bringing their killers to justice, or finding their lost body, or something as simple as passing on a message to a loved one.

Each haunting is as unique as the person it originated from. Only when its purpose for existing is fulfilled—or it is exorcised by a priest—can a yūrei finally rest.

Origin: According to traditional Japanese beliefs, when a person dies his soul lives on as a separate entity, passing on to a heavenly afterlife. This transition is accomplished through a number of funeral and post-funeral rites and prayers performed by their loved ones over many years. Through these rites, the soul is reunited with its ancestors and becomes a family guardian spirit. These ancestors are enshrined in the house and continue to be honored as members of the family, particularly during the summer holiday of Obon when they are said to return to the material world to be with their families.

Those who do not receive the proper funeral rites cannot pass on. They remain stuck in a purgatory that is part physical world and part ethereal. Others who die suddenly, tragically, or violently—or with grudge and malice in their hearts—are sometimes unable to pass on even with the proper prayers and rites. These lost souls transform into yūrei.

The fire festival is based on Obon. This description of a yokai applies one hundred percent to kinemon. He could be dead but still walking.

Last edited:
All I got from this chapter is that swordsmanship remains supreme even with the introduction of Adv. CoC. Kaido couldn't even kill an exhausted kinemon with an adv CoC-infused Kanabo smash to the dome... all the while Oden has Kaido shitting himself to this day after togen totsuka (a move that is all but confirmed to have utilized CoC coating).

You guys aren't ready for Zoro to master it himself
:risicheck::risitavirus:

@HA001 @Zowo @Aknolagon

All I got from this chapter is that swordsmanship remains supreme even with the introduction of Adv. CoC. Kaido couldn't even kill an exhausted kinemon with an adv CoC-infused Kanabo smash to the dome... all the while Oden has Kaido shitting himself to this day after togen totsuka (a move that is all but confirmed to have utilized CoC coating).

@HA001 @Zowo @Aknolagon
Well that strike on Kin'emon was either PIS or to ascribe to Kin'emon greatness since despite a much stronger hit for the way it came he still one shot Luffy once in Early Wano and that strike wasn't even imbued with ACoC.

@HA001 @Zowo @Aknolagon
Better not, this will be the end of battledome's area:milaugh:

Dont say that bro the chapter was good but kinemon kiku and kanjuro shit is absolute dogshit writing. This is war and so far only fodders have died.
Even Luffy can die or someone like Kaidou but somehow this crapbarrds will live. And Kinemon one is lamest ever excuse Oda has written. Might as well acceptable if he just let Kinemon alive instead of pathetic excuse.

law and kidd casually talking about awakened power and used it like nothing. I mean.... okay...
This is funny. When did they use it like nothing. They are using it as a last resort. It is no where anything like Zolo casually using fire cutting technique. Kinemon thing is agreeable but rest is just nonsense from you.

swordsmanship remains supreme even with the introduction
Sorry but swordsmanship didn't kill anyone significant in the whole manga using your own Kinemon logic. If anything guns is supreme. Blackbeard killed Whitebeard with gun, so does Oden, so does any other relevant characters.

Last edited:
Sorry but swordsmanship didn't kill anyone significant in the whole manga using your own Kinemon logic. If anything guns is supreme. Blackbeard killed Whitebeard with gun, so does Oden, so does any other relevant characters.
That Whitebeard had already gotten extremely weakened. I mean even durability itself decreases with loss of health, that was proven in the manga.

With the parallels between Wano and Punk Hazard I hope we see the return of dragon quake. Since Zoro was only using it to scare Monet we never got the chance to see the technique true power.

Imagine this technique but with barrier haki.

:steef:

PS: This could be the technique he uses to defeat King with. It would be even crazier if he created a black blade with it at the time.
imo blackblade saved for kaido
can you make a thread with this post

if we going to parrerals, zoro used shishison to slice dtagon, and boat for Monet

this time it will be different
hyru kaen for kaido and if sansenzekai for king might be better

Law's statement about his awakening ensuring his defeat makes me feel like maybe Kid and Law won't win. However, the title of the chapter seems to be about big mom. A running theme is the falling of the old and the rising of the new. Big Mom has been an emperor for forever, but her rule is ultimately impermanent.

People shit on the Yonko saga for fake tension, but only 3 arcs in all of One piece had real deaths, and two of them are WCI and Wano. Oda has killed as many characters in the last two arcs as all of pre timeskip. If ya'll don't like post ts as much as pre ts that's fine, but saying it's because of fake tension is bullshit.

Last edited:
OK, I didn't read chapter but KIKU and HIS friend KINEMON alive, and even Kanjuro?! ODA is hardly trying to make me drop this shit right now, and stop reading spoillers.
What a trash? WHO WAS those FOOLS who voted for that clown as best mangaka?!

Status
Not open for further replies.