Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the problem is Oda hyping New World and Yonko to be dangerous and give us PH and Moria's crew as an example, but what we see now is that Big Mom destroying her own land, and Kaido's crew betraying him thanks to Queen and Kibidango
We expected something like the Marineford war with someone as dangerous, as smart and as relentless as Akainu for the last boss, but what we get is Fairy tail-ish crap with weird gags, rushed fights and Kaido don't want to kill his enemies

No this has not changed ever. The gags have always been present. I bet you forgot all about Pagaya and how he just miraculously wasn't vaporized by Enel. Oda had him survive through a gag. 1 example out of many. Pre-timeskip delt with this stuff, and nothing suggested post-timeskip would be any different outside of more "dangerous" situations the crew gets themselves into. Marineford is the sole arc with consequences like this. Maybe judge the entire series and see how the final war plays out. There is a reason why Marineford is the way it is, and why the Final War may play out similarly (i.e. Bittersweet). Marineford was meant to motivate and propel the characters forward in a way to make them stronger, AND to make Blackbeard stronger, AND to make Akainu far more menacing.

The final arc does not have to 100% deal with saving an island or having a happy ending for the people involved. Its the endgame of the series which Oda can write however he wants. I think people will be surprised by the final arc's feel (more similar to Marineford) than the other arcs that fill out the series. Ironically, post-TS (unless Oda retcons it) actually has had a lasting consequence through Pedro, who is canonically dead for the time being. Something bad also seems to have happened to Cobra/Vivi, setting up the stage for a more serious climax for this series.

People need to stop taking everything so seriously and just enjoy the per chapter moments that we get.
Post automatically merged:

but for real i think kinemon is dead right now and hes still moving for reasons that will get explained later. the dead are restless in wano for some reason

https://yokai.com/yuurei/

Appearance: There are many different types of yūrei. In most cases, how they appear depends on the circumstances on their death. They retain the features and the clothing they wore when they died or were buried, which means they are dressed in white burial kimonos or the uniforms of fallen warriors. Occasionally, they have bloody wounds indicative of the way they died.

Interactions: Yūrei are capable of invoking powerful curses. They do not roam about, but haunt one particular place or person. In the case of a place it is often where they died or are buried. In the case of a person it is often their killer—or sometimes their loved ones. They remain stuck in this world until they can be put to rest. This might require bringing their killers to justice, or finding their lost body, or something as simple as passing on a message to a loved one.

yeah i think theres something fucky going on
Gotta say, this shit would ruin me but I'd love it.

Especially if the 1004 theory with it being Toki's ghost and not her real body, this could then support this theory.

The only argument against this is that Usopp stuck Kin's body to the Giraffe guy like Luffy did when used him as extra legs lol. Its reminiscent of Law's power.

No this has not changed ever. The gags have always been present. I bet you forgot all about Pagaya and how he just miraculously wasn't vaporized by Enel. Oda had him survive through a gag. 1 example out of many. Pre-timeskip delt with this stuff, and nothing suggested post-timeskip would be any different outside of more "dangerous" situations the crew gets themselves into. Marineford is the sole arc with consequences like this. Maybe judge the entire series and see how the final war plays out. There is a reason why Marineford is the way it is, and why the Final War may play out similarly (i.e. Bittersweet). Marineford was meant to motivate and propel the characters forward in a way to make them stronger, AND to make Blackbeard stronger, AND to make Akainu far more menacing.

The final arc does not have to 100% deal with saving an island or having a happy ending for the people involved. Its the endgame of the series which Oda can write however he wants. I think people will be surprised by the final arc's feel (more similar to Marineford) than the other arcs that fill out the series. Ironically, post-TS (unless Oda retcons it) actually has had a lasting consequence through Pedro, who is canonically dead for the time being. Something bad also seems to have happened to Cobra/Vivi, setting up the stage for a more serious climax for this series.

People need to stop taking everything so seriously and just enjoy the per chapter moments that we get.

Gotta say, this shit would ruin me but I'd love it.

Especially if the 1004 theory with it being Toki's ghost and not her real body, this could then support this theory.

The only argument against this is that Usopp stuck Kin's body to the Giraffe guy like Luffy did when used him as extra legs lol. Its reminiscent of Law's power.
Finally someone speaking sense. If I’m not wrong Oda stated somewhere that there will be no deaths in one piece unless it is to progress the story. Ace’s and WB death had a huge affect on the story. There will be no casualties in this war just because it is a war. There were no deaths in alabasta, Skypiea, Enis lobby etc why should wano be different?

Unless I'm wrong, the room where Drake/Apoo are should be at the base of the castle and face the Live Floor (as for the map) and should be the same room Apoo was trying to get in right before Queen handed him the antibody (chapter 994), go check It.

The cave Yamato and the Samurai were in was probably outside the dome, at the entrance, or looked like it at least.
nah, it's in the live floor, apoo was knocking on that door at the chapter of the ice oni.
it's the closed door on the right

the cave is inside the room.

well the numbers of combatants have been going down by cp0s count. people are probably dying, its just no major characters yet because if they die its got to have real impact

Dont say that bro the chapter was good but kinemon kiku and kanjuro shit is absolute dogshit writing. This is war and so far only fodders have died.
it would be absolute dogshit writing for characters to die and then we just move on and theres no impact or reason for it.

Hmmm 1031 and 1032 full chapter of Sanji vs Queen :steef:
Most excited for kaido vs luffy and king vs zoro that shit finna be rawwwww.

well the numbers of combatants have been going down by cp0s count. people are probably dying, its just no major characters yet because if they die its got to have real impact

it would be absolute dogshit writing for characters to die and then we just move on and theres no impact or reason for it.
Oh come on after kikus death speach? That would be the perfect opportunity for her to die. Kin can survive until the end When wano is free so he can die happy

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I always said that Awakenings are not impressive but man, these from Law and Kidd are extra bad.
I dont know why Oda didnt come up with something which they weren't already capable of without Awakening...
Considering how much he is investing into these two characters and even bothering to give them Awakening, giving them the same thing they could already do is really lacking imagination.

Basically, Kidd and Law are actually a great combo and nullify their weaknesses.

Oda seems to be changing his paneling style a bit in the last 2 chapters and I like it.

The votes for this chapter are so evenly spread out it's crazy.

I'm not gonna comment on deaths in this arc until the end, we should wait until then to critique that kind of stuff.

No, the problem is you guys read one piece like it's Game of Thrones instead of its obviously lighter influences.

Lord of The Rings barely has death outside of fodder, and the series widely regarded as grandfather of fantasy and one of the best stories of our time.

There are plenty of people who say this shit coming from a mile a way because their expectation was that Oda won't kill anyone without a reason to drive the plot. We already know Kin hasn't seen his wife in 20 years. Oda isn't writing a drab story where this shit doesn't payoff in a bitter sweet way.

It's fuckin One Piece, the gags and fakeouts ARE part of the damn manga's DNA, whether you like it or not. It's been a staple for over 20 years.
Its fine for him to not to kill.
Its not fine for him to getting dead characters back in stupid ways and breaking all the tension.

Oda doesn't kill characters often. He shits on general opinions, that's pretty good. There is no reason to kill characters because of drama wise way of thinking.

Let Oda kill or not kill, it's his Manga his creativity his own way of creating.

B

Ballel

Oda doesn't kill characters often. He shits on general opinions, that's pretty good. There is no reason to kill characters because of drama wise way of thinking.

Let Oda kill or not kill, it's his Manga his creativity his own way of creating.
I'm fine with him not killing characters too much but he needs to stop with the fake deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.