Status
Not open for further replies.
-Defeating Killer
-Sending Hawkins packing
-Making Apoo look like a fool
-ACoA
-Slicing Kaido's scales with mid-tier attacks like Tatsumaki
-Blocking the strongest attack in the history momentarily
-And then, with 30+ bones broken and stamina nearly depleted, scarring Kaido for life.
-CoC

And now, command over ACoC, something Kaido says "only the strongest in the world" possess.

And still going strong. Just how much will Woro achieve this arc? :finally:

Copy past from the spoiler thread.

A lot to unpack here. Wow.

1) Enma being a nerf. Wow, I was one of the first to call that out, so a big W for me, but also a partial L. I thought after the few days of training before the raid Zoro had it completely under control and was no longer nerfed. Not at all, he just had basic control. This guy went through roof piece while battling Enma, lmao, insane. Don't even let me started on the Oden Haki squad LMAO.

2) King's explosive defense. Great. Another skill in the arsenal of Terminator.

3) The entire QvS stuff. LMAO
- Asura was hidden for 500 chapters, comes back and leaves a scar on Kaido
- HM was hidden for almost 400 chapters, comes back and Queen's answers is to start hyping up King LMAO
- Sanji & Queen are still in the dome, so much for HM pushing them outside like Zoro and Luffy
- Sanji's nonexistent haki. Luffy's got FS despite Sanji being oriented toward CoO, you need to zoom in 40x to see some hardening and there's zero CoC for him yet. Meanwhile Zoro was flowing haki right out of the TS and just got CoC coating LMAO.
- Still, with all this lunarian talk in the QvS fight I guess Sanji having lunarian DNA is back on the table, otherwise this is 100% trolling by Oda lol.
- Also, come on Oda, draw this fight for real, enough with this stupid kick-laser-kick-laser crap.

4) King's defensive hax is still there and can also work in his base form! This confirms that he wasn't using it against Oni Giri and Marco's knee, that's why there was blood there and nothing here with SSS. Plus it seems that King used his fire to cauterize the wound? Zoro seems to have noticed something. But I still don't see how you defeat that. Do you cut the fire on his back? Do you keep attacking hoping for damage accumulation to do the job? We'll see.

5) Zoan king was the missing the flame for the first time when he transformed after SSS. Art mistake or a hint of King's power?

6) King's using DJ. More Sanji trolling from Oda lol.

7) Yikes. So that is truly his hybrid form, I guess it is confirmed now. I don't like it, I think Oda dropped the ball here. I still hope he can maybe change through awakening... On the other hand though, once again his flame is missing in hybrid. At this point I think this confirms that he doesn't have it in hybrid, and it is not an art mistake. Probably connected with how his lunarian powers work.

8) More King - Rodan links with that hybrid shockwave attack. I'll just link to my previous post on the matter ---> here.

9) The Zoro flashback. Really great stuff. Nice to see Kuina, and btw, I don't care what lance says, in my opinion the friend at the end is clearly Kuina since Zoro promised he'd be WSS to both of them. He promised it to Luffy as a subordinate (captain) and to Kuina as a friend (friend) as far as that panel is concerned imho.

10) The sword lore from Kozaburo. GOAT stuff, lmao what a chad. Cursed sword are basically a fake news invented by snowflakes who couldn't handle strong willed swords. I like it.

11) The entire talk about sword being created to kill, and Enma being his best creation... Oh boy. You must be a QAnon dude at this point to deny that ZKK is fully on the table and option number 1 at this point... Nothing is guaranteed of course, but the clowns considering ZKK something completely made up are mentally challenged. It really depends if Oda has the balls to pull the trigger at the end, but it is really written all over this arc.

12) Zoro's advanced CoC is GOAT stuff, but Oda should've handled that panel better in terms of art. Though we're gonna see more of it, so it is ok.

13) King's being completely unfazed by Zoro's CoC like it is just another day at the office for him and simply asking if he wants to be a "king"... Like, how can Oda not give him advanced CoC as well after this? Come on.

14) Where do we go from here. Well, I don't care about the 15 minutes thing, but I hope we can get two more chapters of this. Zoro is probably gonna catch King off guard with his next attack and destroy King's mask. That will trigger the lunarian info dump and piss off King that will go all out (with adv. CoC as well) and keep the edge in the fight. And then one more chapter where Zoro starts pulling out higher end moves before the victory at the end. Obviously I'd do much more but it's not up to me. Anything less though is gonna be underwhelming, do not drop the ball now Oda.

15) CoC being used to tame cursed swords --> Undeniable CoC proof for WSS Mihawk (again, obvioust to everyone except the QAnon gang). If it also comes out that CoC is connected to forging a black blade... Well, Mihawk's stock would go to the moon.

16) Overall this is the best chapter since roof piece, the best one of the year and one of the best ever. Oda just went full Zorotard and deciced to add some Sanji trolling as well as icing on the cake. GOAT.

17) 5thcuck from reddit and all the other "Sandai is gonna get broken" guys go eat shit LMAO.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything.
:whitepress::whitepress:

Luffy had better haki feats than zoro, doesn't mean oda was trolling zoro

I don't see how Oda was trolling sanji this chapter, king already used diable jambe before, queen tanking hell memories was expected

Zoro hype=/= sanji downplay

This is a great chapter anyways

Kingfisher

The Green Sniper
-Defeating Killer
-Sending Hawkins packing
-Making Apoo look like a fool
-ACoA
-Slicing Kaido's scales with mid-tier attacks like Tatsumaki
-Blocking the strongest attack in the history momentarily
-And then, with 30+ bones broken and stamina nearly depleted, scarring Kaido for life.
-CoC

And now, command over ACoC, something Kaido says "only the strongest in the world" possess.

And still going strong. Just how much will Woro achieve this arc? :finally:
Sliced onigashima's horn.:steef:

I’m always glad to see Oda stripping Zoro back down to the basics of his character; a simple but loyal man who won the hearts of millions of fans through his dedication to Kuina and Luffy. Zoro really embodying the spirit of a master swordsman in this chapter, willing to put his life on the line to achieve his dreams.

King of course is getting all the attention this chapter, as he should, but let’s not ignore how Queen walked off Hell Memories and is still talking up King despite being on fire. Really great antagonists in an arc over saturated with mediocrity, wish we’d seen more of them earlier tbh.

Kuina cameo, therefore a cute cover with Tashigi. The Zoro flashback adds some nice character depth and lore on cursed blades. A shame it was spoiled in an SBS. Neat that kid Zoro's first three swords were from Kouzaburou, Wado has the same face making it feel like Zoro is carrying around a savage old man who knows his only purpose is to kill. Kouzaburou could have probably spoiled Zoro's connection to Wano back then, but he makes an important point that talking openly about Samurai could bring Marines to the island and that would ruin kid Zoro and everyone's lives. We wait for Onimaru to yap.

Call me Mr. 1. I noted last chapter the direction Zoro Vs King was heading, but the parallels have becoming overwhelming now. 1) King is not a swordsman but a versatile murder machine, 2) an extended one-sided thrashing of Zoro, 3) King eating attacks to show Zoro how useless his blades are, 4) A mid-battle flashback to East Blue, 5) Zoro awakening new haki. If this a true homage to the Daz Bones fight, there is one missing callback:

King affirmed last chapter that his ability to take damage is special even compared to the mighty Zoans of this arc. Is he really regenerating by flame when Oda doesn't draw the open wounds? Or is he using heat control + the pressure of a tight rubber suit + his unique body to alter material properties, resulting in explosions, a stretchy Tempura Udon (pronounced TEM-PRAU-DON = Pteranodon), and diamond-like skin? Zoro could cut diamond without wasting treasure. Regeneration or diamond, it's very odd that the suit itself remains unharmed apart from the one mysterious offpanel attack.

The future king of the swordsmen stands on top in the land of the blades. Some touching flashbacks to the trials Zoro faced obtaining his other swords, only to be met with Enma's challenge this chapter. Enma's ruthless personality drains as much haki as it takes to cut the obstacle in its path, a good explanation for Zoro's performance on the roof. Whether Zoro is aware he's coating with CoC or not, the deadly combination of Enma drawing out his latent ability + Zoro giving Enma all it can take has resulted in flaming G4 clouds surely indicating Zoro's overdoing it and on short notice. To step up, conquer Enma and CoC or die trying. Exactly the challenge a king welcomes. Zoro renews his vow to Luffy and Kuina to become the WSS and the battle moves on its final phase.

Awesome chapter and much needed character focus for Zoro. I am really loving how much the Zoro and Sanji fights have delivered, amping the difficulty level with specially tailored opponents and acting as a foil for their characters. The parallel between their Wano power ups — Sanji rejecting the RS and Zoro facing a trial to keep Enma, both working as a medium to unlock special abilities inside them — has been brilliant. The idea of a combined finishing chapter to showcase the Wings of the Pirate King is looking like a simple matter of when.

Status
Not open for further replies.