rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What can I say that hasn't been said about this chapter? I can only do this:

:steef::steef::steef::steef::steef:

Ladies and gentlemen, the greatest post-TS fight of One Piece so far. :cheers:

King is just a regular jobber with no kings haki. Kata is shits on him. The only thing he has going for him is being from a special loser race that got wiped out. Without that he would probably be sub 1 billion in bounty. Starting to think Jack is really one of the most impressive Commanders to have 1Billion at 28yrs (same age with supernova more or less).
That little flashback though was kinda nice.

Queen represented everything Sanji hated about Germa, down to only using the abilities of his hated brothers and not using Reiju's as there wasn't any resentment there. The fights heart is on point, it just happens that Oda paneled it poorly and the action was very lack luster. Definitely not one of Sanji's top fights.

On the other hand, this or Daz Bones vs Zoro might be Zoro's best fight.
I agree completely. :myman:

This is how Cook vs Queen was: :catblush:

This is how Zoro vs King was: :finally:

And now, we wait for ZKK to reach us all. :madmonk:

It really doesn't. It's very small and self contained compared to any other time we've seen it and Zoro specifically has been aiming to hit Arbel in his speed mode.
King's hair definitely definitely doesn't curve at a point as it's long and flowing. It rather looks like a fire shape. It look that way because the perspective is further away, making it lack detail, and King just got Ko'd right in that moment, making the fire go out. Also Zoro did hit him with a flame cutting technique so that could contribute to that as well.

That was prior to King showing resistance despite having flames on was aiming for speed form.

After this though Zoro went all aggressive regardless of King's forms.

And we'll let's be honest. What would King gain in this situation to go speed mode? He didn't even make an attempt to dodge the attack.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Chapter is 10/10

I have 5 takes on this chapter

1) Really didn't like how Sanji fight went with queen. Queen had so much potential yet oda made him just spam lasers and then spam Vinsmokes ability just at the end.

But worst part was Chuji the rat.

Sanji family emotional conflict should have ended in WCI.

There was no point in bringing rat backstory in the climax of Sanji vs Queen over Queen backstory just like how King got.

2)King's backstory - Reality loved the small touch Oda gave to the bonding King and kaido has with that backstory making parallel with Roger/Rayleigh and Luffy/Zoro.

Kaido giving Albert his name "King" hypes how much Kaido values the strength of King.

Remember that this is the same kaido who didn't think anything of G4 Luffy in the beginning of wano.

3) King design/Strength - He has one of the most badass design in that suit but without mask he looks some top tier antagonist of Bleach/Black Clover lmao

Loved his looks - hotter than his own flames 🤭

And, even without CoC I still think King > Marco ,> Kata.

It's time for kata fans to move on with WCI and accept the reality instead of downplaying King just because he was Zoro's opponent.

4) Fight - One of the best fight OP has. I really loved how Zoro dodge to land Bird cut cleanly on king.

Can't wait to see this animated.

5)Zoro - Our boi finally cemented himself above YC1 on panel.

Let me tell you once again -

On rooftop - when kaido met Zoro and saw him using AdCoC, oda made kaido remark -Only few of the strong ones has it".

Zoro in just 10 mins of unlocking AdCoC was blasting it like kamehameha...

He defeated King without going all out with AdCoC Asura.

Luffy > Zoro (gap between them is close) >Kidd~Law

I still feel Zoro plot isn't complete despite we getting some Ryuma parallel here.

It was not King's blood Enma was thirsting for.... It's Kaido's blood.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
King's hair definitely definitely doesn't curve at a point as it's long and flowing. It rather looks like a fire shape. It look that way because the perspective is further away, making it lack detail, and King just got Ko'd right in that moment, making the fire go out. Also Zoro did hit him with a flame cutting technique so that could contribute to that as well.

That was prior to King showing resistance despite having flames on was aiming for speed form.

After this though Zoro went all aggressive regardless of King's forms.

And we'll let's be honest. What would King gain in this situation to go speed mode? He didn't even make an attempt to dodge the attack.
Nah, I really can't see it being fire. The fire is distinctive. You can easily tell it's there. It doesn't look prominent enough for it to be fire.

Meanwhile, Arbel's hair has been doing flips every time he's moving / hit by Zoro

The bottom most one in particular looks "edged" and rough up close.

Agreed. I also dig the white shirt + black jacket is a much better look for Arbel IMO. The frilly shirt just makes him look like a more classic Caribbean pirate and the contrast makes everything stand out more.

I hope he does come back, I feel like Arbel could have a lot of relevance in the final war based off being the only Lunarian in the story.
Well Oda seems to respect his character. In King's last moment, instead of focusing on "torture loving freak" he focused on "loyal first mate" side, reminisicing of good old days with Kaido and wishing Kaido to be Pirate King, just like what Monet said to Doffy in PH.

Kinda similar to Jack which before his defeat in Rooftop, was highlighted to be Kaido's loyal soldier. But kind of contrary to what happened in Queen. In his last moment, iir his good side wasn't really shown instead he kept talking about Germa this Germa that, Judge this Judge that. Although out of all 3, Queen was portrayed to be the most light hearted one.

Let me give my take on whether or not King was in defense mode or not.
Hopefully this settles it

First of all every moment where we can clearly see King in speed mode, him traveling at high speed, like devine thunder and that kick this chapter, there is no flame around King AT ALL

Every time he switches from non fire mode to fire mode, he needs to bring fire out of his back

His back is the source of fire, that's where he coats his blade from

Now two very important points.
Zoro figures out he can damage King even when he's in fire mode, fire behind his back and all

Now look at King's Pteranadon form right after, his fire session ended.

Now King has to bring back fire again so he can coat his sword again. But this time panels are too blurry, King looks too small to truly see but context adds up. He would need to light his back on fire to bring fire out. And right before this happens Zoro has claimed he can hurt King even in defense mode

No true panel of KIng's back is provided, but this last panel, you can see some flames around. But most importantly context suggests he is in fire mode in the midst of all the blurry panels.

It doesn't really matter because King would be destroyed by Zoro regardless but it is something worth noting.
@TheAncientCenturion

Status
Not open for further replies.