What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
--There are handful of DFs gorosei can talk about

--In current context only luffy , kaido , law and robin fits the criteria but robin's fight is over already

--Law's DF is special and gorosei hyping its awakening can help in making BM's defeat bit more believable

--Luffy's DF also make sense as its importance was highlighted by Who's who and shanks decided to steal it ; plus it can have connections with joy boy

--Kaido also makes sense being a yonko and mythical dragons can be a thing of the past , maybe awakening reveals true form of how ancient dragons used to be

So one of the above for most part but I will bet on it being gomu gomu no mi

I agree with Mihawk going to Shanks but I disagree with them being the endgame. I think Luffy and Zoro beat Shanks and Mihawk in Elbaf
Sorry I don't agree with that notion. I don't believe Shanks has any viking ties or relation to Erik the Red lol.

Their crew is an entire Yakuza motif more than anything imo. I think right off the bat, Shiryu not being better than Mihawk, nor seeming like he will be, already puts Blackbeard going down first.

Just the way I see if you've followed a lot of the posts I make regarding Shanks.

Mihawk won't be relevant to endgame arc, except maybe as an ally holding off some other Vista-level like of importance character:kobeha:
So WSS in the garbage I see. Why is everyone jumping on the Shiryu train like he or Blackbeard are meant to kill ANY Red Haired Pirates or Mihawk lol?

Zoro fights Mihawk before the endgame, he has no competition, nothing even seems remotely justifiable to give him a decent fight. Mihawk loses to anyone prior to Zoro by some unfair measure, the WSS dream will forever be meaningless. There is no way Shiryu would even play fairly. The guy completely kills people when they aren't looking. There is no honor with the character.

Kizaru would have an hard time beating current Zoro

Mihawk beats his ass
Not trying to make this a swordsman thing (i don't think Kizaru has anything to do with Zoro truly), but I think his power is broken as shit and needs to be handled with Future Sight.

I do have this weird feeling that if Vegapunk gets his own central arc (either alone or Elbaf), Kizaru might serve as the next antagonist for Luffy while every one else handles the SSG/Kuma/Sentoumaru or whomever else exists in the Marine science division.

I think the moment that Zoro/Sanji fight Admirals will be when Luffy fights Akainu and they handle Fuji/Ryokugyuu. Not really a Yonko/Admiral debate, but just think Kizaru's broken power is what serves the upped advantage against Luffy and where I think he might go next.

Plus there's also this:

And the fact that Kizaru had quite a few personal interactions with Luffy during Marineford, I wouldn't be surprised if Oda tried to parallel that shit back at Kizaru by having Luffy kick him in the face.

Idk, probably wrong about this, but I can't shake the feeling that if we need to address Kuma and the Revos, we might be addressing Vegapunk, his SSG and even Sentoumaru and Kizaru. Depends on what comes next, which I clearly can't wait for lol

I agree with Mihawk going to Shanks but I disagree with them being the endgame. I think Luffy and Zoro beat Shanks and Mihawk in Elbaf
It’s so weird how people just say this as if they are comparable actions… You realize that Luffy beating shanks means nothing… Like it’s like just a fun thing that can happen to pass the time at best

Zoro beating mihawk is the fuckin end of a 1000 chapter build up of a fight and the end of Zoro’s dream… Like Zoro will be WSS after that and like you expect that to happen like in some random situation way before EoS? Why? Like what does Zoro even do after that? Just vibe? Will he just be on the crew to provide moral support?

So WSS in the garbage I see. Why is everyone jumping on the Shiryu train like he or Blackbeard are meant to kill ANY Red Haired Pirates or Mihawk lol?

Zoro fights Mihawk before the endgame, he has no competition, nothing even seems remotely justifiable to give him a decent fight. Mihawk loses to anyone prior to Zoro by some unfair measure, the WSS dream will forever be meaningless. There is no way Shiryu would even play fairly. The guy completely kills people when they aren't looking. There is no honor with the character.
It’s so weird how people just say this as if they are comparable actions… You realize that Luffy beating shanks means nothing… Like it’s like just a fun thing that can happen to pass the time at best

Zoro beating mihawk is the fuckin end of a 1000 chapter build up of a fight and the end of Zoro’s dream… Like Zoro will be WSS after that and like you expect that to happen like in some random situation way before EoS? Why? Like what does Zoro even do after that? Just vibe? Will he just be on the crew to provide moral support?
I think Laugh Tale happens right after the Elbaf arc. Shiryu kills Mihawk, which throws the WSS title into contention since Zoro’s claim to it was beating Mihawk, but since Shiryu also beat Mihawk, the world doesn’t know who’s stronger

On one hand, I agree on everything you say on Zoro vs Mihawk, but I definitely think you (and many others) keep downplaying the significance of Shanks in this story.

His enigmatic persona isn't for show. There is a reason for his mysterious flair. There is a reason he and Luffy want to fight seriously (not the fun and games kind, it's NEVER been painted as that). There is are far deeper motivations to Shanks beyond Pirate King here, and we know this because Shanks has not shared one ounce of desire to become Pirate King himself. This is the same person who can stop wars with the Marines and talk to the Gorosei, someone who can stop Akainu's punches or clash with Whitebeard or prevent Kaido's advance. This is not some casual guy we are talking about here.

Better yet, Mihawk's biggest chance of being involved in the final arc/conflict/war is likely through Shanks anyway. He is the only pirate cconnection Mihawk has. He, like everyone else, needs relevance in the final plot. He's not just going to be floating around waiting for Zoro like a cardboard box.

So if that happens, then its very likely who Luffy's final opponent is. Hell, it even makes sense for Usopp, for his final battle to be surpassing his father.
Post automatically merged:

I think Laugh Tale happens right after the Elbaf arc. Shiryu kills Mihawk, which throws the WSS title into contention since Zoro’s claim to it was beating Mihawk, but since Shiryu also beat Mihawk, the world doesn’t know who’s stronger
Shiryu killing Mihawk wouldn't ever happen by justifiable means. I've said this before, Shiryu is a snake. He kills behind people's backs. He cuts while invisible and its the perfect power for him. Beating Mihawk wouldn't even be fair. It would entirely destroy the WSS title out the window if Shiryu killed Mihawk.

That's to even remotely say he can. Which I absolutely think Shiryu cannot. He's a Yonko Commander. Mihawk rivals Shanks and Yonko are on another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.