What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
your forgetting ryou. until luffy shows he can use ryou effectively in g4 than his current base is his strongest form. I dont know if g4 will increase his adcoc either. awakening might be Luffys only way to progress past his current level and since he's reaching his limit as the gorsei are mentioning this legendary fruit then we have to take that seriously.

not that we can rely on odas words but he did say Kaidou won't be beat because of him getting hit hard.
Kaido will lose due to his personality like how kata lost not because of Luffy's punch but willpower .

He's gonna accept Luffy's Joyboy willpower as both fall down on floor KOed...luffy gets up slowly and declared winner

People in NW whom luffy gotta surpass will be losing due to their personalities not because Luffy's punch is too powerful

Awakening (until you are used to it) uses tremendous amounts of stamina from what we've seen from Law and Kidd.
I doubt Luffy's awakening will be used to soften the side effects of a previous trump card, he can do that with training. It will be used to take him to the NEXT level.

The reason Oda doesn't want Luffy constantly in Gear 4 is because it takes away the variety and keeps Luffy locked in a few forms to be semi-serious.
Luffy not in g4 because he would run out. He wearing down Kaido first and he probably get awakening to better master or get a better form

1. If its based on facts show me the Black lightning oozing off like Zoro king if Hell attacks and others.
2. Literally that chapter is Zoro surpassing his limits and getting ACoC which means he got strongdr.
3. Your mad you were wrong
1. The attack landing was hidden behind Kaido's frame for dramatic effect.
2. he went all out and put everything in the attack, there was nothing more to surpass, he fully unleased everything in that moment, unconsiously shocking Kaido but not understanding what he did.
3.I said rooftop asura was not using adv CoC up until Zoro revealed he had adv CoC, because I didn't think Oda would give Luffy's subordinate the same arc, so if you want to claim this was not adv CoC then you need to give me a W for arguing with zorotards for a year since rooftop asura. I however treat this as an L, because it was adv CoC, considering the following chapters.

Yes that was used to show hope, she in the same pages said Luffy is barely standing, can't be expected to carry any further burdens.
Luffy and Kaido in this chapter had direct subtext that says Kaido will not blame anything before this 1vs1 for his loss 1vs1, the world and both parties will agree that Luffy's inevitable win is completely legit.
That won't stop Luffy downplayers, Katakuri and Luffy and the entire world both verbally accepted Luffy's win was completely legit also.
While I do 100 percent agree with you then accepting it as a win or a loss does not mean we the readers have to. Case in point luffy told kat that even if kat used help and relied on that to win he would still consider it kats win. Should we the readers then accept that as a fair 1v1 win or loss? No

That is taking him to the next level. It is not softening the side effects. It is completely correctly it. Luffy uses gear 4 with haki the remain solid while still having his elasticity properties as stated by doffy. Howevee if luffys knows how to do this without having to use haki as a base his can then focus all of that haki into his physical force in attack instead.

The other ability his awakening will have is being able to redirect kinetic energy since it goes with the whole "rubber bounces back" nitch.
I don't see Oda redesigning G4 removing the haki coating and having that be his awakening, that is underwhelming and only improves his stamina and not his all out power, which is what hyped up powerups do.
Oda likes to draw a mix of base Luffy and G4 Luffy, if G4 has drawbacks completely removed, that will be kind of awkward.

1. The attack landing was hidden behind Kaido's frame for dramatic effect.
2. he went all out and put everything in the attack, there was nothing more to surpass, he fully unleased everything in that moment, unconsiously shocking Kaido but not understanding what he did.
3.I said rooftop asura was not using adv CoC up until Zoro revealed he had adv CoC, because I didn't think Oda would give Luffy's subordinate the same arc, so if you want to claim this was not adv CoC then you need to give me a W for arguing with zorotards for a year since rooftop asura. I however treat this as an L, because it was adv CoC, considering the following chapters.
Dont get the point though. Ashura was not advanced coC since it didn't have black lighting however we knew it was the prelude to it since kaido felt a presence of zoros attacking alluding to the fact that he would use it. Luffys has been clashing with other coC with his own before he even got advanced coC. So should I say that luffy has been using advanced coC since his fight with don chinjou?

While I do 100 percent agree with you then accepting it as a win or a loss does not mean we the readers have to. Case in point luffy told kat that even if kat used help and relied on that to win he would still consider it kats win. Should we the readers then accept that as a fair 1v1 win or loss? No
I would say Luffy's statements are subtly different, he said there is no point complaining about fairness in a pirate fight, not that means your surpass someone by doing so.

He said specifically the reason for staying to fight Katakuri was to SURPASS him, Katakuri specifically said he no longer viewed Luffy as beneath him, both men and the world accepted Luffy's win as legit, Kaido doesn't view his win against Oden as legit for example (even though he would have probably won, this was a bitter moment for Kaido), similarly Katakuri wanted a fair legit fight to compare strengths which is why he evened it up as best he could.

I don't see Oda redesigning G4 removing the haki coating and having that be his awakening, that is underwhelming and only improves his stamina and not his all out power, which is what hyped up powerups do.
Oda likes to draw a mix of base Luffy and G4 Luffy, if G4 has drawbacks completely removed, that will be kind of awkward.
Exactly would it not improve his power output when he can focus all of his haki in offense only that also having to focus his haki in keep the form activated? This is why I say that people need to read before commenting sometimes. Not only would it be a big buff he would have all of his haki focused on offense so he can use even more crazy shit while in gear 4.

How would having gear 4 draw backs removed be awkward when luffy has found ways to remove all of his previous gewr draw backs?

Status
Not open for further replies.