Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s a fight between a Yonko & 2 WG captains so damn boring?? I’m a diehard Yonko/Law fan myself, an this trash is almost completely uninteresting
:josad:

this fight a total representation of why one piece is so ass now.

3 extremely prominent characters, can barely fucking get panel time. In a match supposedly critical to the alliance success in the war!!! like what the actual fucks this idiot Oda thinking??

All 3 abilities have been completely lackluster. Meme the “Yonko” throwing out attacks that have virtually no impact!!! While I’m not even sure what the point of either Kids/Laws awakening is... shock whatever, ass in comparison to Laws old moves. An kids literally doing the same shit awakening or not. Seems like they literally got the ability because Oda couldn’t explain them competing otherwise.

An all that’s without addressing Law/Kid have little to no connection to Meme to begin with. The fight has no drama at all, it’s just strong people fighting. One piece sucks ass right now
:josad:
i agree with u dude, i need this trash arc to end

On the Zoro Grim Reaper ting, I don't think it's Brook or anything like that or even an hallucination in that Zoro is actually on the verge of death atm and the Grim Reaper has really come for his life. Given we already have a sorta of foreshadowing of Zoro making a statement about the Grim Reaper not being able to take his life, I think Zoro overcomes death here but he won't be doing it by himself.

Just came up with this theory on the fly, but considering Zoro's new theme "King of Hell" is tied to Enma and Zoro apparently can't move atm, more likley than not Enma will be what saves him. Zoro should've already passed Enma's test with his fight against King so Enma should've already completely accepted Zoro as it's master, which I think is one of the pre-conditions for creating a black blade and I say one of bcoz Oden has seemingly already cleared this stage with Enma but Enma isn't yet a black blade. So I think the second and final precondition will be a strong unison between Zoro's Enma's wills. Like I stated earlier, currently Zoro can't move, so Enma is gonna wanna protect it's master "wanting his master to live". I think this & Zoro's strong will to live being in unison might be what turns Enma into a black blade and the phenomenon caused by this will result in the Grim Reaper being unable to take Zoro's life allowing him to barely just avoid death before Franky finds him ^^

They are both around YC2.
Their performance isnt good enough to be above the likes of Doffy or Katakuri.
They have some good stats but as a whole, they lack as combatants.
You are overrating doffy a villain two arcs ago
Post automatically merged:

O
For a chapter that is supposed to be focused on the fight, the actual fight itself was really underwhelming.

I really hope we see more of the fight in the next chapter.
too many fights this arc deserve a tournament style 1v1 tbh
Post automatically merged:

I loved Law's attack against Big Mom, it proves what a crafty and strong combatant he is.

I'm wanting more than just assembling junk for attacks from Kid though. I hoping to see a different form of attack from him.

It would be hilarious if the "Grim reaper" is actually Brook with Robin on his back as the "scythe". It would also mean Zoro against CP0 which would be epic af, maybe Franky will join the fray for assistance since Zoro will be in a weakened state for a while.

Sick to death of the damned fire monster and Yamato. I don't understand the Orochi part at all? God, I hope Hiyori kills that piece of crap and I hope Oda doesn't off panel it.
You mean the same bull attack for like the 5-10th time just bigger? Makes him a crafty fighter. 😬

Last edited:
On the Zoro Grim Reaper ting, I don't think it's Brook or anything like that or even an hallucination in that Zoro is actually on the verge of death atm and the Grim Reaper has really come for his life. Given we already have a sorta of foreshadowing of Zoro making a statement about the Grim Reaper not being able to take his life, I think Zoro overcomes death here but he won't be doing it by himself.

Just came up with this theory on the fly, but considering Zoro's new theme "King of Hell" is tied to Enma and Zoro apparently can't move atm, more likley than not Enma will be what saves him. Zoro should've already passed Enma's test with his fight against King so Enma should've already completely accepted Zoro as it's master, which I think is one of the pre-conditions for creating a black blade and I say one of bcoz Oden has seemingly already cleared this stage with Enma but Enma isn't yet a black blade. So I think the second and final precondition will be a strong unison between Zoro's Enma's wills. Like I stated earlier, currently Zoro can't move, so Enma is gonna wanna protect it's master "wanting his master to live". I think this & Zoro's strong will to live being in unison might be what turns Enma into a black blade and the phenomenon caused by this will result in the Grim Reaper being unable to take Zoro's life allowing him to barely just avoid death before Franky finds him ^^
This man gets it. It's either that or he just isn't an insecure Kidd/Killer fan like @Pantheos, @ReggieZoldyck21 and @rerere

Y'all oughta be ashamed of yourselves for acting like cringe sanjitards and pretending to be Kidd and Killer's fans.

Anyhow, this whole Death appearing in front of Zoro thing has to do with the fact that he has ties with the underworld and that his body is now on the verge of literally dying from unimaginable damage. Oda would never run fucking gags with Zoro, especially in a moment this serious.

Zoro himself said like literally two chapters ago that "he WILL become the King of Hell" which basically means there's something else he needs to do in order to accomplish it. The opportunity is right in front of his eyes and in my opinion he is and will be the only character in One Piece who can actually see and interact with Death. Or, he will become death itself (King Of Hell).

The mysticism, actual tension and suspense and overall japanese mythology and lore that is centered around Zoro lays it all out in a very simplistic way to the point where we all know that this is the actual Reaper and that Zoro will end up overcoming death, how though since he can't move? With sheer will power alone in the form of advanced conquerors and advanced armament, folks.

It doesn't take a genius to come to the conclusion that Zoro will overcome death, will reach a whole new level of strenght (he is currently at Low Top Tier lvl), will get his body completely healed by Hiyori or Marco and he then will head to where Kaido is but before that he'll bump into Big Mom in order to protect Kidd, Law and Killer who I assume is on his way to fight Big Mom as well just like they initially intented to until that moron Hawkins showed up out of nowhere.

Everything goes according to plan, actually. Kidd and Law already got knocked down and defeated by Big Mom even though it happened offscreen it still counts as getting defeated just like Luffy and Zoro against Kaido. Next chapter I expect the two (soon 3 with Killer) to get flattened yet again and that's what's gonna make their haki to grow exponentially and for them to be able to use their awakenings without any backlash.

I even see Killer fighting Big Mom by himself for a little while until Kidd and Law get back up or healed by someone else. Just imagine the non devil fruit user (no df power I mean) Killer with his epic fighting style tagging Big Mom at the speed of sound and dodging whatever she throws at him until Zoro arrives and saves the day...

At the end of the day, no Yonko will get defeated before or after the other let alone by 1 or 2 people lmao. That's just not happening. The two Yonko need to be taken out at the same time by the 5 Monster Supernovas in an uber epic holy fuck 5v2 team effort in the Flower Capital.

Wrap this shit around your minds. It's already been foreshadowed by Oden.

This man gets it. It's either that or he just isn't an insecure Kidd/Killer fan like @Pantheos, @ReggieZoldyck21 and @rerere

Y'all oughta be ashamed of yourselves for acting like cringe sanjitards and pretending to be Kidd and Killer's fans.

Anyhow, this whole Death appearing in front of Zoro thing has to do with the fact that he has ties with the underworld and that his body is now on the verge of literally dying from unimaginable damage. Oda would never run fucking gags with Zoro, especially in a moment this serious.

Zoro himself said like literally two chapters ago that "he WILL become the King of Hell" which basically means there's something else he needs to do in order to accomplish it. The opportunity is right in front of his eyes and in my opinion he is and will be the only character in One Piece who can actually see and interact with Death. Or, he will become death itself (King Of Hell).

The mysticism, actual tension and suspense and overall japanese mythology and lore that is centered around Zoro lays it all out in a very simplistic way to the point where we all know that this is the actual Reaper and that Zoro will end up overcoming death, how though since he can't move? With sheer will power alone in the form of advanced conquerors and advanced armament, folks.

It doesn't take a genius to come to the conclusion that Zoro will overcome death, will reach a whole new level of strenght (he is currently at Low Top Tier lvl), will get his body completely healed by Hiyori or Marco and he then will head to where Kaido is but before that he'll bump into Big Mom in order to protect Kidd, Law and Killer who I assume is on his way to fight Big Mom as well just like they initially intented to until that moron Hawkins showed up out of nowhere.

Everything goes according to plan, actually. Kidd and Law already got knocked down and defeated by Big Mom even though it happened offscreen it still counts as getting defeated just like Luffy and Zoro against Kaido. Next chapter I expect the two (soon 3 with Killer) to get flattened yet again and that's what's gonna make their haki to grow exponentially and for them to be able to use their awakenings without any backlash.

I even see Killer fighting Big Mom by himself for a little while until Kidd and Law get back up or healed by someone else. Just imagine the non devil fruit user (no df power I mean) Killer with his epic fighting style tagging Big Mom at the speed of sound and dodging whatever she throws at him until Zoro arrives and saves the day...

At the end of the day, no Yonko will get defeated before or after the other let alone by 1 or 2 people lmao. That's just not happening. The two Yonko need to be taken out at the same time by the 5 Monster Supernovas in an uber epic holy fuck 5v2 team effort in the Flower Capital.

Wrap this shit around your minds. It's already been foreshadowed by Oden.
Thanks Oda :catsure:

To put short:
-Oda doesn't show fights
-Only shows the defeated characters and of people commenting of course
-The nameless samurai characters still fail to evoke any sympathy from me
-The Yamato bomb plot is still an asspull out of nowhere
-Oda doesn't show fights
-Oda's fight scenes live from characters making bold and flashy statements with a dramatic closeup on their face and yelling new attack names with fancy puns
-The old Chopper plot was still useless
-Oda doesn't show fights

Just awesome.
What has this story become:pepehands::pepecry::pepemotion:

It's a slog, but I enjoy Wano for whatever reason. It's still more O.P & I love O.p content, however, you're not wrong in your points.

Oda did a huge disservice to Kaido, Luffy and the readers with how these fights are panning out. 70% of fights O.S'd after 70-80 chapters of build up. Unclear what actually happened in a few instances , but hey!, We have narrator/oddly expositional characters explaining results to each other to compensate for it!

The handling of Kaido & Big Mom (BM retreats when her kids finally get up the waterfall/ooor she gets Team Rocketed onto her ship) is nothing less than objectively bad. We began aiming for Kaido at the ending of PunkHazard, some 300-400 chapters ago, emperors & kaido being hyped possibly double that & this is what we get. Oda has built the entire time skip content so far around Kaido & we get the lazy Jump Force Ranked Match spam strategies for a fight.

Again, i enjoy Wano, but I can't let myself think in a meta sense of what this all is/has been, and just approach it as an island arc. Skipped fights may be better in anime, I'm on the ep where Kaido just blew up Oden castle so I'm not very far & cant comment.

This is the most ridiculous thing ever
I didn't mind him adding random citizen storylines, ("hey! Let him write as many chapters as he wants!") until he starts trimming fights, which are also equal part payoff & catharsis for several branching characters. It really does seem like he is adhering to finishing it in 5 years. Instead of Fights he could have trimmed fluff, filler & fucking around, but here we are.

Oh! And i don't know if this is fan speculation or it was his editors, but he needs to cut out his "this happens on this chapter # because OCD reasons" bullshit. It was affected the pacing of the book in several instances.

Edit: there are instances where his number fascination is obvious and has been called out ahead of time by fans, and then there is semi insane, yet oddly logical "and if you divide this chapter by 3, bc zoro beat 3 guys at once in chapter ___, you clearly see that Jimbei will say "hello, gents!" Type theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.