Who did more damage to Linlin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Robin's concluded in the one after
I said major fights. Even after king and Queen defeats, Yonkous were portrayed as someone who can changed the tide.

too early for leaks, at least wait till the weekend
Not really

Not denying it can't be fake but leaks can happen any time.
There have been 2 instances of "super early leaks" just last year and both were wrong:few:
Those were totally exaggerated leaks. Don't know why anyone believed them as they were not making much sense anyway
False. Not Robin's, and not most fights before Wano.
Look above my friend

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
The way I see it the story is not going to be restarting, it will just enter another phase. And Oda has already made this fight on Onigashima very important by giving most Strawhats a power up that will allow them to win their fights later. Making this raid another step in the journey, and not a waste of time or a reset.
Now if Oda really does start the whole set up process from the beginning after the raid fails, and it feels like this whole battle was a waste of time then that is bad writing.
Writer Brandon Sanderson has said that this a problem he's faced on some of his books, and he has to give some of those parts of the story some purpose to move the main plot forward so that it doesn't feel like a waste of time. In this raid the purpose would be giving everyone their power-ups to allow them to win their fights later like I said before.
When you mentioned power-ups that allow the Strawhats to win their fights later what matchups are you talking about? Cause if you're referring to the fights they've had before (Zoro vs King, Sanji vs Queen, etc.) Then I'm not sure what the rematches are going to add to the story. It's just going to be the Straw Hats wiping the floor with the Beast Pirates in a way more decisive and less chaotic way than we're seeing now. It'd just be redundant to somehow have the raid fail just for them to fight the same opponents in a different setting.

If the matchups are fights after Wano then why does the raid need to fail for that to happen? The Straw Hats already have their power-ups.

just count the attacks Kaido tanked , BM is close in endurance to Kaido on paper , so HOW can BM be done after 6 on-panel (alltough strong) attacks ? Simple , SHE'S NOT DONE
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...oilers-discussion.21610/page-557#post-2437952
Here's my take on why Big Mom getting up again won't add to anything.

The raid failed in the Oden flashback already where he lost everything and got boiled to death after getting deceived by Kaido and Orochi for 5 years. Don't think if that will be enough for Morj though:josad:
Not to mention that this was supposed to be a stealth mission where they take out Kaido and Orochi while they're drunk. There's a lot of injuries/fodder deaths from this and the castle is a blazing inferno around all of our characters. Not the most ideal situation.
Rumoured leaked info

+

BM didn't even put up a fight

+

Yonkou losing a fight in one a half chapter (excluding scattered panels we had) Doesn't add up

+

All major fights concluded in chapter titled "X vs Y" except this one.
I'll need more than rumors of a leak to really trust in it.

+

Big Mom put up a hell of a fight during this, heavily injured Kid and Law + knocking them out badly once before. Got up multiple times and tanked multiple heavy attacks. Kid and Law will probably be done after this fight as well.

+

Adds up just fine once you put all the panels together, it might be a disappointing fight to some but there's a narrative that has fully played out here. Which you can see my explanation from an earlier comment.

+

It's happened multiple times at this point where a chapter ends with a big attack and we see the results in the next. The only difference here is that Big Mom gets another fight chapter right after that has her taking 2 ultimate attacks back to back and ending in a way that other fights have ended, where we see the results next week.

There's not much that can come from Big Mom getting up again. What does it add to the story if she does get up other than her, Kid, and Law doing things that we've seen multiple times during this fight already?

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Bro stop giving BM fans hope, we already suffer enough,let it go, she is done..
:suresure:
Not even a fake up spoiler can save BM anymore, once Oda decide to trash her, no one can save her.
:josad:
Well BM is beyond saving no matter what will happen now.

I mean the way she put up the fight is as bad as queen if not worse.

But I am just saying Oda can pull something which can reduce the damage done to BM portrayal

I said major fights. Even after king and Queen defeats, Yonkous were portrayed as someone who can changed the tide.

Not really

Not denying it can't be fake but leaks can happen any time.

Those were totally exaggerated leaks. Don't know why anyone believed them as they were not making much sense anyway

Look above my friend

I believe Robin's fight is a major one
We might just agree to disagree on that one

Status
Not open for further replies.