Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Grim Reaper wasn't Brook, and Zoro seems to be just dead again.
Also, Kid did absolutely nothing really impressive in this fight for it to make sense for people to speak as if he would win in a fight with Sanji or Zoro.
Post automatically merged:

I'm reading it in Japanese, and Big Mom basically just tells them not to think that she will die from just that.
Those are clearly the last words of a loser.
And the narrator made it clear that she lost, and like it has always been in One Piece, since she has been defeated her days of villainy are basically over for good.
the narrator made it clear one individual battle is over. thats all. she got delayed but will not even be out for the rest of the arc.

the narrator made it clear one individual battle is over. thats all. she got delayed but will not even be out for the rest of the arc.
No, you're wrong. The narrator made it clear that Big Mom lost and that Kid and Law won.
And throughout the whole story of One Piece, it never happened that a villain was stated by the narrator to have been defeated just to reappear as still a threat in the same arc.
If she appears again, it will probably be for her to be arrested by the World Government, or as an ally. But there's no way a villain that was said by the narrator to have been defeated will reappear as a threat in the series.

that translation better be off
whats implied in that final attack is awful..
TRANSLATION WAS OFF! TCB ARE FRAUDS! RARE VIZ W!!!
WIZ SZN!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA COPE ZOLOTARDS! TCB ARE A BUNCH OF ZOLOTARDS! VIZ DELIVERING QUALITY CONTENT
"Kid tickled BM"
ALL HEADCANONS BTFO IN A SINGLE TRANSLATION BY VIZ

WE KIDD FANS ARE EATING GOOD

am off it as well
if that translation is correct
rubbish .
TRANSLATION WAS NOT CORRECT. I AM FOREVER DEFENDING KID. FUCK ZOLOTARDS. KIDD SZN. WID SZN.
NOT EVEN TCB SCANS TRYING TO PUT US DOWN CAN STOP KIDD CHADS.

KID HYPE. VIZ HYPE. WE WON!!!!

No, you're wrong. The narrator made it clear that Big Mom lost and that Kid and Law won.
And throughout the whole story of One Piece, it never happened that a villain was stated by the narrator to have been defeated just to reappear as still a threat in the same arc.
If she appears again, it will probably be for her to be arrested by the World Government, or as an ally. But there's no way a villain that was said by the narrator to have been defeated will reappear as a threat in the series.
yeah she lost a battle in a larger war. she'll be back by act 4. wano is changing the game.

Is TCB turning into Mangastream

Btw, Big Mom never said this. As much as I like TCB and tout them a lot, they went full Mangastream on this.

You'll see on VIZ tomorrow.
TCB makes stuff up a lot. im not sure if its deadlines or just that the guys translating are missing stuff, but this has happened a bunch in the past, where they will just add lines that dont exist in the original

its like when they added buggy catching "can't-go-on-that-island-or-ill-die" disease from laugh tale in chapter 967. that wasnt in the japanese or the official, and them making shit up made the fanbase believe fake lore

Last edited:
There seems to be some indication that One Piece (i.e. the main treasure) is in Laugh tale, but other aspects of it are in Wano/Elbaf/God Valley/Lodestar, etc.

I think Wano will show us what it is "meant" to be., aka a weapon or a treasure or some object, but we won't know the whole thing until Laugh Tale
I guess this is more proof that we really will be entering proper endgame after Wano

Saw this on reddit: The Big Mom pirates might be making their way into wano via the secret entrance and see Big Mom there

it makes sense geographically. So depending on how hurt Big Mom is we could see her back in the arc or the BMP dragging her out of Wano and leaving Perospero behind

I guess this is more proof that we really will be entering proper endgame after Wano
Really still just setup. The final war will start/has started, but it does not mean Luffy and crew will be involved yet. Think of the next arc like how Punk Hazard set up the final conflict with Wano. It takes time to address it

We need one more RP and it's become clear that the structure seems to be rest of journey-> Laugh Tale-> Final War.

This has been make very apparent by Whitebeard's death speech and Odens flashback. You need to find out what One Piece is and what Luffy and crew are supposed to do with the Mermaid Princess (or all 3 ancient weapons), then move towards the Final War and taking down the government.

Saw this on reddit: The Big Mom pirates might be making their way into wano via the secret entrance and see Big Mom there

it makes sense geographically. So depending on how hurt Big Mom is we could see her back in the arc or the BMP dragging her out of Wano and leaving Perospero behind
Lol I've been saying this for over a year and they never showed up:catcry:

Lol you should've just tagged me. This line is an exaggerated paraphrase but the nuance is there.

LOL.
BM tried to deflect Damned Punk with CoC (Black lightning) but couldn't. Damned Punk > Adv CoC
WIDD > ZOLO

So the Grim Reaper wasn't Brook, and Zoro seems to be just dead again.
Also, Kid did absolutely nothing really impressive in this fight for it to make sense for people to speak as if he would win in a fight with Sanji or Zoro.

I'm reading it in Japanese, and Big Mom basically just tells them not to think that she will die from just that.
Those are clearly the last words of a loser.
And the narrator made it clear that she lost, and like it has always been in One Piece, since she has been defeated her days of villainy are basically over for good.
Crocodile came back. Lucci came back. Moria came back. So will Big Mom.

yeah mogura port is in hakumai, and law made a hole to the south east of the flower capital based on the last chapter. I'm PRETTY sure Law doesn't know Mogura Port exists, and was trying to bury big mom so she couldn't come back up. But instead, he may have just opened a path for her to get back to the capital by accident.

I have no idea how Luffy vs Kaido will top the fight from 1039/1040 (and I'm not just saying that as a Law fanboy).

Possibly one of my favorites in the ENTIRE SERIES. The focus on devil fruit powers, the ending, what it means for the rest of the story...everything. Remarkable!
It's funny I think a lot of people don't seem to "like" it specifically because they don't like how BM was "taken out" or how it is conveyed through Kid and Law. But tbh it was so in line with her being this neigh indestructible, abusive DF user who is only looking for self preservation to beat her opponents. And I really dug how Oda portrayed Kid and Law here, not caring about her last screams and not intimidated by it.

I think how Luffy's will top it will be both his and Kaido's respective powerups and destructive force of Kaido's loss when it eventually comes (5-10 chapters). His victory will feel more "personal" in the sense that Luffy will solely be the reason he beats Kaido from this point on.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
- Great chapter. With a fitting title. “Falling on deaf ears”. The new generation, literally and figuratively, silencing the old one. Poetic. With a beautiful tribute to Cora-San too!

- Fantastic action shots throughout this battle. Oda’s work on cinematic battle scenes is light years ahead of early One Piece. He depicts illusion of depth, from multiple perspectives, as skillfully as any artist in the medium. It probably infuriates the powerscale chads that he volitionally neglects combat chapters :afrokappa:

- Law and Kid’s development is very gratifying. We’ve come a long way from seeing them struggle to put down a Pacificta. Law’s awakening is simply broken. Please nerf! One thing is made clear, Big Mom is still stronger than Law and Kid combined. They couldn’t knock her out. They couldn't bypass her impenetrable exterior. Internal destruction did the trick. Eliminating her from the main battlefield is their deserved victory, for now. Big Mom was “dethroned” by Law and Kid, yet her monstrous status is still in tact. Acting from a position of strength, she rebuffs and belittles her children/homies as they offer to help. On the other hand, she pathetically screams for help as she falls. A true overgrown toddler operating on pure pragmatism, even towards her children. Her arcs as a matriarch and antagonist aren’t complete. As are Katakuri and Pudding’s arcs with Luffy and Sanji. So the fight’s conclusion was perfect considering how much meat’s left on the Charlotte Family bone. Moving forward, even if not on Elbaf, I believe they’ll continue to be significant players. The cover story is a perfect illustration of that.

- The anime has been playing up the Momonosuke/Joy Boy connection. Kaido’s “I chose Wano for a reason”, Oden’s “We have to open Wano in preparation for Joy Boy’s arrival” and Zunesha’s arrival telegraph what’s coming next. Luffy or Momonosuke will be declared Joy Boy’s heir by the end of Wano. Zunesha’s been aimlessly wandering for 800 years, in anticipation of the day of prophecy. Joy Boy appears on Wano today! My money’s still on Luffy for thematic reasons. But given Toei’s propensity for spoilers, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Momo. Zunesha’s arrival would be the perfect segue for Xebex’s flashback. After all, Xebec and Kaido tried to become Joy Boy. And it all began on God Valley.

- I’m all tapped out on Zoro’s Grim Reaper encounter. Literally no clue what that was. I’d like to see him visit Shimotsuki artifacts on Ringo.

- God knows I memed him plenty, but Raizo is unironically cool. Impressive display of tenacity. I got weirdly invested in this fight. A symbolic static duel is sometimes more apropos than flashy battles. I admit Raizo’s loyalty to Oden, juxtaposed with Orochi’s men’s betrayal, was too on the nose. Nevertheless, Oda never portrayed the ever-present theme of inherited will and true death with subtlety.
An addendum after reading the official translation:

- The fire festival is regarded by Wano citizens as a rare day in which they shed Orochi’s tyrannical shackles. Law’s ability prevented an event, as thunderous as an exploding Yonko, from disturbing their peace of mind on their one and only day they enjoy any. Very wholesome. Dunno why that resonated with me lol

- I didn’t parse Big Mom’s “Some of it’s in this country too, Isn’t it?” literally. Laugh Tale must remain One Piece’s sole site. She’s rather referring to hints/clues about getting to One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.