How many more times will Luffy lose to Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude. The Kanji for King Kong is literally Oozaru. That's stolen from Dragon Ball.

This is King Kong

This is Oozaru

The "Ha" in Over Kong has nothing to do with size. The "Dai" in King Kong Gun implies a large ape.

Over Kong is just a bigger Kong Gun, but it's not KKG.
Dude, they are both adjectives lmao. It does not matter.

Look at the fucking raws. Luffy's attack is .ultiple times bigger than his body. It's the same exact size as KKG

Idk I don't really think it would have taken him down. He seemed fine after getting hit by the last one (went straight into his mad killer mode with a new move).

Imo, the only thing left to be done is to give Luffy his awakening mode (or the beginnings of one). I do think Oda is going the natural rubber/oil route. With that his punches might be FAR harder or the flames might ignite far hotter. It all depends on what it's meant to be.
The way that is was paralleled with the Oden situation so strongly means that if you believe Oden stood a chance of beating Kaido with his final attack, then you have to give Luffy a similar possibility. It wouldn't create such a bitter feeling for Kaido otherwise.
A fresh Luffy, with both showing what they currently have, would have a decent chance against a fresh Kaido, maybe winning 3/10 fights imo.

Yeah I think he will be going the oil/resin route that Yuderon detailed, that would be befiting the title Sun god Nika.

The reason why I'm not fully sold on OKG being Luffy's strongest attack is because it looked pitifully weal compared to Law's Punk Wille or even Zoro's pre aCoC Ashura

Like seriously if you remove the name of the attack it doesn't feel like any different from Luffy landing a regular Roc Gun

Dude, they are both adjectives lmao. It does not matter.

Look at the fucking raws. Luffy's attack is .ultiple times bigger than his body. It's the same exact size as KKG
Again, you can't read. You're not supposed to treat it as an adjective. "大猿 " is one term meaning "Large Ape".

You're translating it as a "Great"/"Supreme" and I'm telling you that's not how to translate it. "Large Ape" is a reference to giant apes.

"Ha" has nothing to do with size. It just implies it's a superior Kong Gun, hence "Over Kong".

The reason why I'm not fully sold on OKG being Luffy's strongest attack is because it looked pitifully weal compared to Law's Punk Wille or even Zoro's pre aCoC Ashura

Like seriously if you remove the name of the attack it doesn't feel like any different from Luffy landing a regular Roc Gun
Zoro's adv CoC Asura failed to bring a distracted Kaido to his knees, Luffy's base punches were more effective.
Law's punk wille looked more flashy than it was, Big Mom recovered and would have been fine without the bomb. Law was flashier than Grizzly Magnum in Punk Hazard too, doesn't mean he was stronger.
Luffy's over kong gun is far above anything any other character used in the war, it just ran up against an ultimately serious Kaido who was going for his final clash against Luffy before being interrupted.

lol sanjikun getting a lot of heat
but icl I thought boundman Plus coc should have done the job
kaido was getting beat in g2 and g3 forms and we know the jump luffy has with g4
I just can't understand how oda scales this anymore with all honesty .
That was the final clash like Oden... He literally used 1 move in Boundman. And CP-lame interfered.

Zoro's adv CoC Asura failed to bring a distracted Kaido to his knees, Luffy's base punches were more effective.
Law's punk wille looked more flashy than it was, Big Mom recovered and would have been fine without the bomb. Law was flashier than Grizzly Magnum in Punk Hazard too, doesn't mean he was stronger.
Luffy's over kong gun is far above anything any other character used in the war, it just ran up against an ultimately serious Kaido who was going for his final clash against Luffy before being interrupted.
Zoro didn't use KOH vs Kaido. So he didn't use his strongest attack

S

Sasaki Kojirō

It means the attacks Kaido took so far don't come close to Togen Totsuka.

***"Individual attacks".

As for how much damage is debatable, you need to add up all the damage kaido received from any attack and in my opinion it already exceeded the amount of damage TOGEN TOTSUKA dealt, TOGEN TOTSUKA himself was unable to knock out kaido permanently, he was conscious the whole time, and got up a few seconds later.​

lol sanjikun getting a lot of heat
but icl I thought boundman Plus coc should have done the job
kaido was getting beat in g2 and g3 forms and we know the jump luffy has with g4
I just can't understand how oda scales this anymore with all honesty .
It's another scenario where Oda only makes it look like the SH's have the upper hand until the fight comes more into focus

Even in the King/Queen fights it didn't look like Zoro and Sanji were struggling much when we got small glimpses of their fights, but then once we got to the last few chapters, we saw they were getting pummeled until they powered up

Status
Not open for further replies.