Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The premise of Luffy's appeal was a simple guy with a simple power who was headstrong enough to succeed. He'd face warmongers or godlike logia and prevail because of his determination.

Now he's from a special family, as a reincarnation of the most successful men of all time, with an insanely great power that he just happened upon. He powers up, loses, powers up again, loses, and when he loses again they just say fuck it and give him another power up like the SNK Continue Service

As I mentioned earlier, Naruto and every other shonen before the current generation has beaten that shit into the ground. No reason this stands out except it took 25 years and a 45 chapters worth of a fight.

I still believe Zoro can kill Kaido, and frankly that's irrelevant to this plot. Except Zoro looks like a G despite being a step behind, because no one just gives him shit like this.
The premise of Luffy's appeal was a simple guy with a simple power who was headstrong enough to succeed. He'd face warmongers or godlike logia and prevail because of his determination.

Now he's from a special family, as a reincarnation of the most successful men of all time, with an insanely great power that he just happened upon. He powers up, loses, powers up again, loses, and when he loses again they just say fuck it and give him another power up like the SNK Continue Service

As I mentioned earlier, Naruto and every other shonen before the current generation has beaten that shit into the ground. No reason this stands out except it took 25 years and a 45 chapters worth of a fight.

I still believe Zoro can kill Kaido, and frankly that's irrelevant to this plot. Except Zoro looks like a G despite being a step behind, because no one just gives him shit like this.
This is wrong and contains loads of hypocrisy. I’ll respond to all of your points in order.
1. Luffy is a simple guy his power doesn’t change that. Every fruit has an awakening you don’t want Luffy to have one? Also having a better fruit doesn’t make him immediately stronger than his opponents and it doesn’t make Kaido any less godlike.
2. Losing and constantly getting back up to fight is determination.
3. He’s always been from a special family. His name is Monkey D. Luffy. The D being there tells you he’s special. Being the son of the most dangerous man in the world and the grandson of the marine hero tells you he’s special. Also we’ve know this all since the beginning of the series Luffy says he’ll be King of the Pirates every arc the story is written for that to happen. Just like Naruto being Hokage, Deku being the greatest hero and even better just like Zoro will be the WSS. I don’t see the issue everything has been in front of us since the start of One Piece.
4. Everybody with a devil fruit except BB just happens to get their power Luffy is no different.
5. Joyboy was a failure if I’m not mistaken.
6. ZKK isn’t going to happen it doesn’t make sense.
7. Zoro was literally given Enma a sword that draws out haki and he magically learned ACoC without even learning to use basic CoC. That makes less sense than the Luffy power up.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Im sur everyone is aware that Luffy is the MC.

Just that not everyone like the Joyboy plot.

The one who are realy upset are Luffy fans themself who have always mocked Ichigo, Naruto and Natsu for being chosen one.
It's okay to not like JoyBoy plot but acting as if it came out of nowhere isn't— because it did not come out of nowhere. One Piece fans weren't the only people who blamed Kishi for making a demi-God out of Naruto. His entire character was about hard work beating talent and changing your fate, and yet he was born with the highest potential in the series and was destined for greatness—Naruto's fate was literally sealed at birth.

No such thing was promised for Luffy. He has always been special since day one. He has direct connections with all sorts of big shots in the series. He was hinted at being parallel to Roger at every given opportunity. He was foreshadowed to be the promised person that will be lead Shirahoshi on a good path i.e., FMI confirmed him as Joy Boy's reincarnation. It's been implied several times that the person that will lead Wano's fight will be the person who will liberate the world— So there are no asspulls happening. They just didn't directly say it's Luffy.

The only thing that changed is that we've been given the impression that Luffy's DF is some 3rd rate ability. It's been imprinted in our minds that Luffy has a weak devil's fruit and that he's been using his creativity to make it work in ways that rubber shouldn't be able to function. But it was all wrong all along—this doesn't undermine Luffy's creativity but the nature of his DF played a bigger role than it's given credit for in making Luffy do things that he's been doing.

Also why are people saying Zorostans hâte Joyboy Luffy, pretty sur they are mostly neutral and chill unless they are just trolling as payback for other fanbase .

Zoro himself is definitely a Réincarnation of Ryuma or at l'East inherited his will.
Im pretty sur alot of Zorofans like me Saw it comming lol.
Zoro is a relative and parallel to Ryuma. He's not a reincarnation—not as of now, at least.

Luffys body is melting away and last chapter Kaido said something about Gomu not possessing the ability to change trajectory like how Luffy does it.

Is his awakening "shapeless shapeless no mi" (Gear 5) or something where his ambition can make his Body move in unnatural ways? I suppose it could heal him as well if he can take control of his own antibodies and what not to heal him internally.

That should be enough for Akainu and perhaps just enough for Blackbeard before Gear 6 or Reverse Gear against Imu, something not even original Joy Boy managed.

Why so many dots Retard learn to type normal. Just you wait a couple of days. Loyboy
Post automatically merged:

Glad we agree
Post automatically merged:

Im grining from this revelation, oda just ruined luffy, just you wait hahaha
What Revelation? That Luffy is Joy Boy? I mean.... Yeah... We've kind of known that for years now. It's not really shocking, but its damn cool to see it finally being put to paper.

Manga literally teases Luffy's dream as his destiny/fate as early as Chapter 96 when Woopslap looks at his bounty. It's been repeatedly teased for decades after this, and only has gotten more obvious as time has gone on

Now we are at the literal precipice of it (Luffy IS Joyboy), and people can't believe it lmao. Some of you newcomers need to go back and actually read the words on the page.

I don't get it.
Fate is a thing in every manga/manhua, why people are surprised in a bad way?
Let's wait and see how oda will play this out.
To tell you the truth, none of the M3 fans should attack either fanbase when it comes to fate.
Let's hope a new info about the chapter will appear and people will chill out a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.