Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, reviving is okay if it is in HxH? Lol. Double standards.
Dragon ball also has them dragon balls, people might come back to life but they actualy die to stuff thats supposed to kill them.

The problem with OP is that people that wouldnt die by atacks capable of destroying mountains, will die by a shitty pistol shot if the plot demands it, and ONLY if the plot demands it.

Gon is definitely the legend tier. However, what make the manga exceptional is that other characters are not left behind. We have Killua, Kurapika, Hisoka, and other tons of characters who can grow extremely fast just like Gon as well.

This is not the case for One Piece. Luffy is the only one to grow exponentially while other protagonist grow linearly. At the same time, villains are the poorest and saddest as their level are fixed like stage boss.
We'll agree to disagree, just as there's Killua and Kurapika there's Zoro and Law, Hisoka just seems to have whatever powerlevel is required when he shows up not unlike One Piece characters.

Kizaru and Akainu are probably relatively close and they will probably fight Zoro and Luffy respectively I mean man
possible but Kizaru vs Sanji is possible too because of the speed, in that case Zoro might fight Fujitora or Green Bull if he is a swordsman. Akainu vs Luffy is very possible even though i wish Sabo will be the one who kills Akainu.

Hypwise the Mystical Zoan Hanuman sounds better/cooler. Hanuman was able to shapeshift and stretching his body. But the resin/amber theory makes also sense to be fair.

I'm with you, I doesn't sound impressive to begin with. Both knowing Oda he could pull something like that out and flesh it out to blow our minds.
Just searched this Hanuman stuff up and you are spot on.

“Child Hanuman reaches for the Sun thinking it is a fruit by BSP Pratinidhi

Reviving based on a previously established rule and power - Is okay, it was foreshadowed

Surviving a nuke because reasons? - Not okay
Getting cut in half and surviving because “I guess laws powers never stopped effecting my body” - Never foreshadowed

The actual act isn’t what makes it bad it’s how it’s done. And yeah Hunter x Hunter did it million times better
That's not how it works buddy. Reviving a character for death is 99% of the time not good, even if it is explained because:-
1. It cheapens the concept of death if an ability can simply revive the dead.
2. It cheapens the impact of the death.
3. It cheapens the character arc Gon went through of losing his friend.

B

Ballel

Amber/Resin/Oil Fruit, Yuderon might be right with his theory about Luffys fruit. I mean look at this Color spread where Amber/Resin where highlighted, even a Monkey King pointed with his finger to the Amber/Resin while watching Luffy straight in the eyes:

That is most likely intentional from Oda, might be foreshadowing Luffys awakening.

Now look at Luffy and especially the Strawhat, what does it reminds you when you look at the Color spread ?

It looks like Amber/Resin/Oil ... That's it. Luffy is Joyboy who ate the Nika Nika no Mi. Who could walk on Water due to the hydrophobic nature of oil. Who could explode Oil Bombs who could attack with fire attacks.
I always wanted to know what Luffy is looking at in this color spread.
That's a great observation mate!

YOU WANT MY TREASURE? YOU CAN HAVE IT.......BUT ONLY IF YOU HAPPENED TO EAT THIS VERY SUPER SPECIAL SECRET FRUIT THAT GIVES YOU GOD POWERS AND TURNS YOU INTO THE REINCARNATION OF JOYBOY HIMSELF! BY THE WAY, ITS NOT ACTUALLY MY TREASURE, IT WAS JOYBOY'S AND I JUST HAPPENED TO STUMBLE UPON IT, BUT I COULDN'T CLAIM IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE THE JESUS FRUIT! ANYWAY THE TREASURE IS OUT THERE FOR WHOEVER EATS THE SECRET SUN GOD FRUIT, THE REST OF YOU HAVE NO CHANCE LOL
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with finding One Piece. It has everything to do with stopping the WG and what comes from that after finding it. It also has to do with certain people being born at the right time (Momo/Shirahoshi).

This is not new guys, learn to read the manga, its been a 12 year old concept lol:

possible but Kizaru vs Sanji is possible too because of the speed, in that case Zoro might fight Fujitora or Green Bull if he is a swordsman. Akainu vs Luffy is very possible even though i wish Sabo will be the one who kills Akainu.
I see GB fighting off Sanji mostly for the parallelism between the duo, as well as I don't see Sabo having the strenght to destroy Akainu by himself and perhaps will fight off Lucci I don't know. I can see and would love to witness and the revenge of the brothers by channelling their strenghts...

Dragon ball also has them dragon balls, people might come back to life but they actualy die to stuff thats supposed to kill them.

The problem with OP is that people that wouldnt die by atacks capable of destroying mountains, will die by a shitty pistol shot if the plot demands it, and ONLY if the plot demands it.
One of the major criticism DB receives is how it handles death. You must know that if you've been in the internet long enough, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.