Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Awesome post bro, good read!

But Kaido vs Strawhats + everyone else was my last straw (no intended pun)
Its a rehash of the Doffy vs Dressrosa w/ Luffy coming back to save the day.

The best I'd imagine out of this CP0 interference could've been Kaido's contemplation of his battle history record + existence as a Soldier of Warfare. But instead we get Kaido mercilessly and thoughtlessly going on a victory lap. Which is in line with a void of emotions killer like Lucci, but not a battled hardened warrior like Kaido. This was hella immature on Kaido's part for doing a victory lap streak ater dropping some Gem Quotes throughout the Roof Fight (the whole 40 chapter span fighting various characters).

Kaido fits the bill of being a villain but his overall actions aren't consistent.

And for that I'm tapping out.
To be fair, I wrote this after 1042 when I expected Luffy’s awakening to be delayed to after Kaido’s backstory. I even wrote “This is why CP0’s interference is a plot device to further Kaido’s character arc rather than a battle assist. Kaido would’ve won regardless. Yet, he’s once again haunted by an imperfect victory riddled with excuses. I have to think now’s a perfect segue for Kaido’s flashback.

So I was fully expecting Kaido’s arc to be dealt with for now until Luffy’s return. I think him taking it out on CP0 boss is Oda’s way of addressing it without really addressing it. “Yeah he was conflicted about winning this way so he took it out on Mr Go, but he’s a pirate at the end of the day” type beat. All in all, I still think Kaido’s arc/backstory will be addressed. But now it’s going to be after he realizes Luffy’s Joy Boy.

And does this mean you’re dropping OP? Damn at least come back after this arc ends tho :josad::josad::josad:

I like freedom DF concept , but no df cancel thing, boring
well it is a broken ability after all and i think it is the DF that BB was really after but he mistook the dark dark fruit for it because of it has the ability of canceling powers, i mean BB obviously know something about Joyboy's power. but since the Gomu Gomu no mi was a fake name he didn't know the true power of it.

To be fair, I wrote this after 1042 when I expected Luffy’s awakening to be delayed to after Kaido’s backstory. I even wrote “This is why CP0’s interference is a plot device to further Kaido’s character arc rather than a battle assist. Kaido would’ve won regardless. Yet, he’s once again haunted by an imperfect victory riddled with excuses. I have to think now’s a perfect segue for Kaido’s flashback.

So I was fully expecting Kaido’s arc to be dealt with for now until Luffy’s return. I think him taking it out on CP0 boss is Oda’s way of addressing it without really addressing it. “Yeah he was conflicted about winning this way so he took it out on Mr Go, but he’s a pirate at the end of the day” type beat. All in all, I still think Kaido’s arc/backstory will be addressed. But now it’s going to be after he realizes Luffy’s Joy Boy.

And does this mean you’re dropping OP? Damn at least come back after this arc ends tho :josad::josad::josad:
If I see Mihawk or Act 3 ending or Reverie continuity
the only few things that have me invested into op
ive lost interest in Luffy, ZKK, the raid, and lore
i can only wait for so long

This isn't an argument it's a discussion, the other people I comment back and forth on is usually arguing.

Issue is Luffy's end game is someone who is weaker than Kaido, (BB or Shanks) so it's really hard to go a perfect route to the top in any way.
Well you say that Luffy's end game is someone weaker than Kaidou? That is, if Oda set the narrative that way tho. Which is not the case at all. Prime BB will not be weaker than Kaidou at all. Imu will not be weaker than Kaidou or Prime BB. Luffy will surpass not just Roger, but everyone in history. So his endgame/ceiling is unlimited.

Or else, what kind of author set the earlier task as harder than the later, where the earlier hurdle is apparently also aiming for the last prize (being PK) thus must be surpassed individually? It doesnt make sense since it's shonen, and clashes are direct. If Oda intend for Luffy to not actually surpass Kaidou even when Luffy must face Kaidou now as a the fight for PK candidacy, then Oda will not set Kaidou as Luffy's current opponent at all. But he already set Kaidou as Luffy's direct match. Thus leaving Oda no choice but to make Luffy surpass Kaidou individually.

Luffy's DF reveal was something he likely created in wano kuni itself.
In an interview, Oda said that he had no idea how Luffy was going to defeat kaido. Meaning this is basically something he pulled out of his ass in the last 100 chapters to justify Luffy 1v1ing kaido.

Honestly kinda ruins any potential this reveal might have had if it was actually planned. Because you can't look back and try to find clues on what the DF might be, when we know this was never Oda's intention. Whatever the DF is, I have zero faith that the reveal will actually be good.

Oda is not kidding when he say pay attention to luffy.
Time to show awaking power of luffy or whatever joyboy power up :funky::kata:

After wano arc is over, shanks the sith haki master will teach luffy how to handle haki longer so he can handle gear fourth for days .

Then luffy vs Blackbeard will end up extremely difficult fight for him. Make wano arc luffy vs kaido look pale.

Luffy become stronger then fight world government to face Akainu . Then fight end up to extremely difficult fight.

‘Don’t know about IM guy but it can be group or luffy have counter against IM because oil power.

Accept the shouen power creep time :myman::myman::cheers::kata:

Luffy's DF reveal was something he likely created in wano kuni itself.
In an interview, Oda said that he had no idea how Luffy was going to defeat kaido. Meaning this is basically something he pulled out of his ass in the last 100 chapters to justify Luffy 1v1ing kaido.

Honestly kinda ruins any potential this reveal might have had if it was actually planned. Because you can't look back and try to find clues on what the DF might be, when we know this was never Oda's intention. Whatever the DF is, I have zero faith that the reveal will actually be good.
Enies Lobby was basically a last minute decision and it is remembered as Oda's best arc.Somehow he will make this work.

I feel like good reveals re-contextualize the story in a way the reader wouldn't otherwise have thought of. But I know that this isn't what the gomu gomu no mi reveal will do, because it was never intended to begin with.

Oda could deadass make the gomu gomu no mi do anything and it would be inconsequential because this reveal doesn't have that much weight behind it.

Enies Lobby was basically a last minute decision and it is remembered as Oda's best arc.Somehow he will make this work.
that was back in the day where each arc could be somewhat stand alone.

Wano is supposed to be the pay off for the last 10 years of one piece. And this is what Oda gives us? I truly kid you not, the wano fan theories were much better than this garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.