Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoro can be as much a reincarnation of Ryuma as Luffy is of Joy Boy without having a Devil Fruit because Ryuma did not have a Devil Fruit.
The point I f contention isn't reincarnation, it's the function gained through reincarnation. If Luffy is basically a reincarnation of the men before (yes, we all thought he was somehow Roger since the very beginning, and knew he'd be Joyboy once the idea started to form) but also has this destined power to boot.

Last I checked Zoro fought the corpse for Shusui and gave it up for a substitute that he had to learn how to use. He didn't get cut down by Mihawk and pull the black katana outta his pee hole

Bro I have a pfp with Devon in a towel lol
It's all about balance, read one of my previous posts
I still think Nami has been superior by a large margin to Robin in terms of how she's been utilized in post-timeskip, fanservice moments or not (which I don't really give a shit about lol).

That gap is only going to get bigger moving forwards with Nami's possible connection to Ancient Weapons (Shirahoshi link), actual navigation to Laugh Tale, mysterious past regarding her birth that could be uncovered etc. Robin will have her moments with the Void Century revelation and that'll be really important too, but that's more to do with the overarching story as a whole than Robin specifically.

G

Gorosei Informer

Baffles me that Oda can't properly balance fanservice, character and cool action for Nami anymore (except for WCI ofc)... I swear pre TS we always had these three things kinda balanced for every arc... Now it's always tits and some kinda cool character moments every now and then
Exactly! Nami has had some great moments as a character post TS, emotional/serious stuff but man, the wasted potential with her weather powers, her being able to hurt others with punches including Luffy like Garp can not being explained, her potentially having amazing CoO with being such a great navigator and weather senser too, as well as empathic and how she could have had CoC too even imo, as she acts like the captain or vice captain at least at times, a definite leader and matriarch/mother type and extremely strong minded as we saw with her backstory with Arlong and also vs Doublefinger for example ofc.

Nami was so classy but still so hot and beautiul pre TS now Oda has kinda of exaggerated/over sexualised and even "bimbofied" her or made her sluttier honestly. Not that I don't enjoy it but Nami was truly wonderful pre TS and feels very different aesthetically/externally now.

I still adore Nami but I hate how Oda flanderised the SHs personalities post TS instead of making them actually change and grow after what happened at Sabaody and continuing the "cowardly Usopp" shit as well as the "cowardly/weakest trio" shit, sigh.

Nami and Ussop vs Ulti and Page One deserved so much better, it should have been taken even more seriously and had both awakening CoA haki, Nami getting CoO and even CoC as WILD as that sounds I know! BUT half the SHs not even having basic haki when fucking fodders have had it since maybe even back at Marineford or at least later ofc just makes me so mad. 2 years of training, 2 YEARS for WHAT?!

Usopp also gained CoO at Dressrosa and how has it been relevant since then too? Also I feel Future Sight for Luffy has been underwhelming and Kaido randomly having it whilst drunk in a certain state of all things really bothers me too.

Oh god I'm ranting again lmfao, I'm not supposed to be getting so emotionally invested and thus involved here from now on hahaha, bad habits!

She's immensely sexualised post TS to the point it feels like I am watching an Ecchi/Fairy Tail and its frustrating. Especially considering the shit and liberties have been taking in the anime too. (Thinks back to the extra stuff and camera angles for her at WCI especially but also panty/ass shots for her and such as Ulti was brutally beating her here and then the Chopper tank stuff and then the Yamato boob inflation and sexualisation too. Japan is so fucking weird, horny and inconsistent honestly.)

OP was much more tasteful and less exaggerated pre TS, It still had perversion, childishness and such but it was controlled, more restrained and was serious when it wanted to be. Post TS has felt all over the place and far too OTT, childish and causing extreme tonal dissonance for me especially in this arc too.

I know OP cultists are gonna jump on me again like recently and before, but this is why I want to distance myself from OP too gradually, invest a lot less of myself in it as things are never gonna get better but worse for OP now and the cultist fans will never listen, never be reasonable, they will stay ignorant, narrow minded, double down and keep insulting and attacking you instead. This is why I purposely avoid posting on Reddit (I just lurk and steal stuff from there lmfao) and Youtube now too, I've learnt the hard way with them (well I didnt post on Reddit but Ive seen PLENTY enough of how bad it is too).

I also miss when arcs weren't as long as entire sagas in OP, double to triple the length of pre TS arcs at least, with Wano even going for quadruple or quintiple potentially at worst! 40 chapters or so as the high end length amount for an arc might be the golden point, maybe 50 max?

We now have a single Act of Wano that is is almost as long as Dreossrosa! Dressrosa is 102 chapters, Act 3 started on chapter 958 apparently and is still going strong at 85 chapters now! Factor in I think 31 chapters for Act 2 and about 15 for Act 1 I think, that's what, 131 chapters?! Way past Dressrosa then so far! Morj claimed Wano will be 200 chapters at least, a 5 year arc I think? We get about 36 chapters a year for some years now since Oda started taking regular breaks, so we have 30ish chapters left at most this year?

I have no strength left and must scream.

Lol think this means the opposite dfkm. Robin will end up doing more interesting stuff and Nami will end up being relegated to the MC hype merchant
I'd really like that, Robin has been getting sidelined for 18 years now and being a support/cheerleader so it would be immensely refreshing to see. Nami has been Oda's pet for donkey's ages now ofc, especially at WCI and it even started to get tiring for me as a Nami fan too. I really wanted and waited so long to see the Wano half of the SHs get the real spotlight and shine in Wano, but only Zoro truly felt like has ultimately, maybe Franky and Robin too ofc but ABSOLUTELY NOT Usopp ofc!

Still hate that Luffy never got to beat Jack, Jack never met and faced any SHs and Yamato barely has met any SHs (aside from Luffy especially ofc) too and they don't know her directly yet.

Tbh I was also referring to the implication that Oda may have found a new muse, a "Robin IRL" for him like he found a "IRL Nami" with his wife lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.