Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused though, since Shanks told Rayleigh "Luffy said the same thing as Roger". It was implied that Luffy was the new Roger.

But here it's stated this is the first time in 800 years Joy Boy's back. So Luffy is not the new Roger?

Getting tired of this tbh. He's Roger, but not Roger. He's Joy Boy, but also Nika.
Luffy saying the same thing as another person isn’t an indicator that Luffy IS THAT PERSON… For example Zoro said the same thing about “being a hero” that Luffy said… Oda made sure to have it said VERBATIM the exact same way between the two of them without Zoro hearing when Luffy himself said this

This exists to show Luffy and Zoro are very similar in certain regards… Same way Tashigi and Kuina say the exact same shit and even go a step further to look exactly the same… And yet they are unrelated…

Oda making Luffy say the same shit as Roger exists to show Luffy is similar to Roger… That’s it

This Joyboy business however seems to be the legit shit with some kind of mystical power that’s connecting Luffy and this Joyboy person… Probably they had the same DF and are connected through it somehow

So no, you are just trapped in your headcanon that Luffy was ever supposed to be a reincarnation of Roger

The amount of legitimately toxic people im this thread and just site in general is insane
I really don't get how so many people are allowed to be assholes day in and out with no actual consequences. It almost feels encouraged at times cause again aint like anything really happens/changes
Cus the mods love it simple as that they don't care only when it fits they agenda

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
So Roger was not Joy Boy? It seemed Luffy was a "reincarnation" of Roger, but it seems Roger is not really related to Luffy.
Maybe it's related to Shirahoshi and the other ancient weapons?

Roger passed away before Shirahoshi's birth.

Maybe Joyboy has to come into possession of all 3 ancient weapons? And Roger wasn't able to do that.

Honestly, it would be nicer if Kaido showed Luffy's defeated body in the live floor with the intention that the alliance would lose hope but I understand that Oda has to let Luffy "transform" without Kaidou seeing.
Luffy has to transform without anyone seeing him for maximum impact.

Edit: Actually, this makes me wonder just how different Luffy will look.

Status
Not open for further replies.