Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now.

Hear me out on this one. I thought about something that can maybe, MAYBE salvage this. So, the Gomu Gomu is that special fruit 99% confirmed. So...let's try and figure out WHY it is so special.
We still don't know where Devil Fruits come from, right? Maybe, MAYBE the Rubber Fruit was JoyBoy's fruit (99% chance this is the case). What if, somehow, part of JoyBoy's soul carried on when the fruit respawned? Like a Horcrux from Harry Potter mixed with the Chimaera Ants from HxH.
In the beginning, there were legends about a "demon" residing inside the fruits, and the reason someone couldn't eat two, was because the demons would fight each other and the host would die.
What if this is somehow the case, the fruits possess fragments of the souls from the people of the country related to the Void Century? And Luffy managed to get the one with JoyBoy's soul.
Should still need explanation for why they changed its name, but meh.

I could dig that. :kawak:
Especially because of how BB was able to bypass this restriction.
Damn I need me some BB's lore drops.
thats actually a pretty dope idea
actually I do think the concept of inherited will and df are intertwined .

Pointing out that it seems Zunisha is talking about Luffy's heartbeat as the "Drums of Liberation".

On the double spread where Kaido is victorious, there a "しーん" sfx, which indicates no sound coming from Luffy (i.e. he's "dead").

Then on the second to last page, the sfx "ドクン" is placed on Luffy, which indicates a heart beat. Right after this, Zunisha makes his comment about Joyboy.

I have couple years college Japanese experience, so this is how I took it, but if any primary Japanese speaker wants to confirm or disagree, feel free.
Take it as you will lol, transcribed by @Paperchampion23

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Btw I see a bunch of people talking about how Kaido said Luffy is dead.

I just wanted to add that Momo also said he can't hear Luffy's voice anymore.

Law also says Luffy's voice disappeared after Kaido appears.
Oda casually giving Law some special power as well on top of the most broken DF ever.
:suresure:

As i Said before and i Still think is like that:

Joyboy ISNT a Power up, isnt haki, a Holy Spirit, a posession, Power or anything.

Its a title, NOTHING Else.

The PU is luffy awakening his fruit. He being called Joyboy at the same time he awakened his DF by Zunisha is probably because luffy achieved a mental state that made him able to awake his fruit and also laugh at the situation, and that state of spirit and mind made him a equal to a previous Joyboy on Zunisha eyes.

I dont think oda Will go at ALL to joyboy changing luffy, i think joyboy was always luffy for who he always been, but became more clear now after he Achieved this mind state.

As i Said before and i Still think is like that:

Joyboy ISNT a Power up, isnt haki, a Holy Spirit, a posession, Power or anything.

Its a title, NOTHING Else.

The PU is luffy awakening his fruit. He being called Joyboy at the same time he awakened his DF by Zunisha is probably because luffy achieved a mental state that made him able to awake his fruit and also laugh at the situation, and that state of spirit and mind made him a equal to a previous Joyboy on Zunisha eyes.

I dont think oda Will go at ALL to joyboy changing luffy, i think joyboy was always luffy for who he always been, but became more clear now after he Achieved this mind state.
Luffy is sun God (Nika ) now.

Status
Not open for further replies.