Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My favorite thing is realizing how many users here fail to understand the point of 1037.

You can complain about the Gorosei knowing about the fruit the whole time (even there, there are grounds to argue they were told about the connection to Luffy and Nika by someone), but how do people actually forget that they only realized Luffy was a threat when Zunisha arrived?

It doesn't matter what the last 1000 chapters didn't do for the WG pursuing Luffy, they literally though the fruit reawakening was impossible in 1037. They called it a rumor and hearsay.
That doesn't erase the problem in the slightest. Why on earth should Zunesha appearing be somehow the trigger to finally do something? That makes no sense.

I already said it, but the Gorosei not knowing is already a massive problem right away because you can't succeed in an 800 year hunt if you don't even the basics of what you are doing.

The worst possible individual that combines aspects of all the worst enemies of the WG: the son of the Worst Criminal Dragon the leader of the Revolutionary Army, inspired by Gol D. Roger the Pirate King, with the blessing of the greatest pirate of the previous era Whitebeard...a member of the Worst Generation that brought Revolutionaries, former Warlords, with connections to members of the Roger Pirates that has rampaged through government facilities and burned the flag of the WG to rescue the only person in the world that can read Poneglyphs to have at his side........and the trigger that you should maybe do something is an ancient elephant appearing.

That's pretty damn ridiculous, isn't it?

That doesn't erase the problem in the slightest. Why on earth should Zunesha appearing be somehow the trigger to finally do something? That makes no sense.

I already said it, but the Gorosei not knowing is already a massive problem right away because you can't succeed in an 800 year hunt if you don't even the basics of what you are doing.

The worst possible individual that combines aspects of all the worst enemies of the WG: the son of the Worst Criminal Dragon the leader of the Revolutionary Army, inspired by Gol D. Roger the Pirate King, with the blessing of the greatest pirate of the previous era Whitebeard...the one that brought Revolutionaries, former Warlords, with connections to members of the Roger Pirates that has rampaged through government facilities and burned the flag of the WG to rescue the only person in the world that can read Poneglyphs to have at his side........and the trigger that you should maybe do something is an ancient elephant appearing.

That's pretty damn ridiculous, isn't it?
Dude. Just read 1037 lmao. 1 page they are talking about Robin. The next they are freaking out about his devil fruit when Zunisha arrives. I don't need to explain this to you. You can read 2 pages.
Post automatically merged:

I already addressed this :ohreally:
.....but he is rubber lol

I'm convinced people dont actually read the text on the page.
:finally::finally::finally::finally:

Yeah, One Piece has flaws like any other stories and isn't perfect, but chapter 1043 showed how many actually read the story while paying attention.

Legit there were people who were upset because Luffy was always "a regular guy" in their mind. :fujilaugh:

Luffy literally is a D., son of Dragon, grandson of Garp, raised with the son of the previous Pirate King, has all 3 types of haki, connections to a Yonko... etc. Glorosia outright said "What do the heavens want with this boy?" Characters wondering under what star Luffy was born... And various other hints and foreshadowings

If they read all the story and still thought Luffy wasn't anyone special from the start, then it's on them
:kata:

The first part can't be argued well by me or you because we don't have enough context or explanation. I agree that things are shaky there, but I suggest we wait until it's explained and then reexamine where it makes sense or not.

But about Akainu. No, they clearly tell him it was ordered from above them. Why would they say that if they were the ones who ordered it?

As for the other part. Oda never said that he wanted Luffy weak. He said that he didn't want him having typical strong guy abilities not that he wanted him weak. I mean, when was Luffy weak at the start? He had a relatively easy time until Crocodile. He didn't start the manga weak until about 120+ chapter in or something.

You seem to have mixed up the quote bubbles there. The bubble highlighted in the image is Sakazuki talking, not the Gorosei. It's Sakazuki that's saying that the orders were "higher than you all."

As for the second part, read the question itself. They are asking why Oda gave him a "pretty weak-looking rubber devil fruit." Oda then says that is true, that Luffy's ability isn't strong. That goes out the window when Luffy's ability is actually a godly one that is indeed ridiculous but certainly not just weak-looking rubber anymore.

Somebody stıll ınsıst on not to understan luffys awakenıng. Luffy is still rubber man but he can do anything with his imaganiton BY USING RUBBER PROPERTIES. gotcch ya ?

When he want to create thunder , he cannot do it . peoples so suck

My favorite thing is realizing how many users here fail to understand the point of 1037.

You can complain about the Gorosei knowing about the fruit the whole time (even there, there are grounds to argue they were told about the connection to Luffy and Nika by someone), but how do people actually forget that they only realized Luffy was a threat when Zunisha arrived?

It doesn't matter what the last 1000 chapters didn't do for the WG pursuing Luffy, they literally though the fruit reawakening was impossible in 1037. They called it a rumor and hearsay.
It's literally all a matter of reading carefully before jumping into absolute conclusions

Obviously that for those who are always ready to do that very often ^ wont restrain themselves of doing it again when they feel its "necessary"

Look like Nika is inspired by Monkey King. I think Oda wanted avoided direct comparison between Luffy and Goku (or didn't wanted to copy him)
So he made his own version of Monkey king.

His awakening i expected for G5 but only thing I disliked is it's "The Mask" mimicking...It doesn't suit Luffy.
Luffy is goofy but not over the top..This ability someone like Usoop can carry...

Dude. Just read 1037 lmao. 1 page they are talking about Robin. The next they are freaking out about his devil fruit when Zunisha arrives. I don't need to explain this to you. You can read 2 pages.
Post automatically merged:

.....but he is rubber lol
Not sure how you got that I didn't somehow read those 2 pages. The problem is because of those pages. Those pages indicate that the Gorosei didn't know which is a big problem....and they also indicate that an elephant appearing is somehow a bigger problem than all the stuff I already listed, let alone a bigger problem than someone eating the fruit at all!
If you are serious about stopping a problem you start at the root, not when the fruit is about ripen. You can't say you've been on the hunt and only pull out a gun when hunting season is almost over.

Somebody stıll ınsıst on not to understan luffys awakenıng. Luffy is still rubber man but he can do anything with his imaganiton BY USING RUBBER PROPERTIES. gotcch ya ?

When he want to create thunder , he cannot do it . peoples so suck
Yep. Nothing has changed. It's just his awakening let's him do what he wants with his rubber powers and strength.

- can i make a fist bigger than Kaido and grab him? Yes.

- can I use enough strength to throw him around? Yes

- can I change the ground to rubber? Yes!

The best explanation for the Gorosei thing is that Imu (or Shanks) recently told them to snuff out Luffy for good. The likely underestimated the potential of this fruit, and considering there have been so many users before Luffy including (Joy Boy?) who none have really destroyed their establishment, they didn't think it was worth the effort and potential losses.

At the end of the day, this fruit is still the gum gum fruit, its still a rubber fruit that lets its user become rubber. It doesnt create shockwaves, it doesnt create darkness blackholes and it doesnt make you a literal lighting god. What makes this fruit threatening is the wielder as has been the case since chapter 1.

This chapter has shown me exactly how much I've lost interest in one piece. Its still cool to see G5 and Luffy smacking kaido, but its lost its magic. I see all these OP fans losing their mind on reddit and twitter, meanwhile I'm just content to read the spoilers and when they came, it honestly wasn't anything earth-shattering.

I even predicted that Luffy might be a mythic zoan after 1037 and Luffy's abilities were basically what a lot of people thought the gomu gomu no mi awakening would be even before the whole nika plot was revealed.

I remember being a teenager and reading chapter 784. It was the chapter G4 was revealed. OP just had a magic back then that I don't feel anymore. I guess I'm too old.

:finally::finally::finally::finally:

Yeah, One Piece has flaws like any other stories and isn't perfect, but chapter 1043 showed how many actually read the story while paying attention.

Legit there were people who were upset because Luffy was always "a regular guy" in their mind. :fujilaugh:

Luffy literally is a D., son of Dragon, grandson of Garp, raised with the son of the previous Pirate King, has all 3 types of haki, connections to a Yonko... etc. Glorosia outright said "What do the heavens want with this boy?" Characters wondering under what star Luffy was born... And various other hints and foreshadowings

If they read all the story and still thought Luffy wasn't anyone special from the start, then it's on them
:kata:
This I agree with. Anyone pretending that they just found out that Luffy is special must have been asleep this entire time.

Those who are upset with Luffy's fruit being special which has never been hinted at until a couple of chapters ago is a different matter though.
In fact, part of what made Luffy special for many was utilizing a generic, mundane one to defeat those who were superior. He's even been mocked for his abilities many times, like Katakuri saying his abilities were superior to Luffy in every way. Turns out that that wasn't actually the case.

You seem to have mixed up the quote bubbles there. The bubble highlighted in the image is Sakazuki talking, not the Gorosei. It's Sakazuki that's saying that the orders were "higher than you all."

As for the second part, read the question itself. They are asking why Oda gave him a "pretty weak-looking rubber devil fruit." Oda then says that is true, that Luffy's ability isn't strong. That goes out the window when Luffy's ability is actually a godly one that is indeed ridiculous but certainly not just weak-looking rubber anymore.
He, Akainu, literally says "You're telling me that the whole mess with [...] was ordered from even higher than you all?"

Akainu is literally telling us that's what the Gorosei had told him... they told him that. He's just repeating it to make sure and also tell the audience.

Yes, I read the question and? Luffy is pretty weak-looking rubber devil fruit user. Keyword here, weak looking. Compare Luffy's design and size to most of his enemies? Luffy appears to be weaker than them and have a silly rubber power. However, Oda didn't call Luffy weak at all and neither did he change anything he here said. Luffy still stretch and inflate even in G5. His power is still the "Most ridiculous power" in the story. Oda could've simply said "I have picked the weakest ability" or a weak ability, but he didn't say that.Why if it was simply a case of giving him a weak ability. We know from SBS that Oda likes to deflect and laughs whenever a user asks him a question he can't answer fully.