Who is a better character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how people can't see the difference

Luffy overpowering an enemy and kicking his ass is fine, if you like the character that Luffy is overpowering that doesn't change much

But Luffy changing the enemy's form and turning him into a massive joke (not just a weaker oponent, but an ACTUAL JOKE), it's not cool to me, and i hope Blackbeard's Yami can cancel out Nika's powers, because i hope he also doesn't get turned into a joke
I'm okay with Luffy using Kaido as a jumping rope or any other shenanigans he's most propably going to pull next, but having him punching through his head looney toons style which implies that his powers affects others into becoming looney too, this my biggets gripe with it. It's just stupid to me.

I

Indigo

Maybe i'm not supposed to like the villains? is that it? I'm supposed to be happy they are turned into jokes? That's fine, the villains are a bunch of pieces of shit that killed and tortured many

But they still have badass designs and cool powers, and i enjoy that about them, so i don't want to see them turned into jokes, that's it

But i guess if you hate Kaido / Blackbeard and everyone else, then you are gonna enjoy making them into jokes

It just isn't me

I usually really like villains, even tho they are horrible people

I mean writing is alright but its not some "Don Quixote" "To Kill a Mocking bird" level master piece.
Its not the best tale of (fictionalized) History either.

When we put ourselves in manga bubble we can see it as some top tier writing, and its obviously better writing than One piece (one piece is more entertaining) but it isn't some master class.
Post automatically merged:

You guys should read House of M
Its a good comic.

Future Thanos is also pretty good though power scaling is a bunch of nonsense there as well.

Luffy mocking the villain is not a problem, we still see the villain as cool or badass

Luffy TURNING THE VILLAIN INTO A JOKE is a problem, to me, not objectively, it's my subjective opinion

Imagine Luffy fighting Mihawk and turning his sword into a balloon animal and swinging Mihawk around by his coat or his moustache or something

Does that sound cool to you? because to me it doesn't, because i like Mihawk, just like i enjoy Kaido and Blackbeard

So i'm sorry if i don't like seeing them turned into jokes
Ok, that's fair.

I just think people need to understand that this is the point of his power here with Kaido. I don't expect future villains to turn out the same way, that would be redundant. I certainly don't expect Akainu or Blackbeard to maybe even Shanks to have same type of fight he's having rn with Kaido. Mihawk definitely won't get clowned

Imo, it "works" with Kaido because Kaido himself is ridiculous with his Drunk forms and ability to take a beating. But yes, my opinion too. You are welcome to yours.

@Paperchampion23 Okay I actually read a little bit of Luffy fight from last chapter.

While making him zoan is garbage, I can't deny Gear 5th is entertaining af.
I like it more than Gear 4th with its boundman, snakeman, tank man bullshit.

Oda has basically given up and made Luffy a gag character in the laziest way possible but its funny for sure lol

I

Indigo

Ok, that's fair.

I just think people need to understand that this is the point of his power here with Kaido. I don't expect future villains to turn out the same way, that would be redundant. I certainly don't expect Akainu or Blackbeard to maybe even Shanks to have same type of fight he's having rn with Kaido. Mihawk definitely won't get clowned

Imo, it "works" with Kaido because Kaido himself is ridiculous with his Drunk forms and ability to take a beating. But yes, my opinion too. You are welcome to yours.
So you think Luffy is gonna get even another power up and fight with another style against Akainu and Blackbeard?

even if this is G5 and the Peak of Luffy, according to himself

Luffy stopping using this power would be like Oda introducing Snakeman in Whole Cake and then in Wano Snakeman being really slow, which isn't the case

Luffy turning himself and others into goofy shit is the powerup, so this is what the power does, it's weird to think that it would change going forward

Lmao these people cannot see the great picture. Kaido the man who has tormented the entire Wano Kuni for 20 plus years is being overwhelmed by Luffy. Whatever Kaido throws at him, he is bouncing back better than ever. Now this is funny because it is what Luffy is all about. The entire Wano arc has been serious with fairly less comedy in between. Luffy has been fighting seriously for far too much. Is this not justice? Kaido getting humiliated like this is the exact revenge anyone can get for WANO. This brings joy to every citizen in Wano. The beast that Kaido is is getting wrecked by Luffy. Who could have thought Oda would take this route. Catching Kaido like a snake, skipping with Kaido, making everyone pop their eyes out. This is funny and this is different. Are you unhappy that your headcannon didn't come true? This is quite original and amazing.
This post should be goated. Looks like we have some people in this forum with proper brain functioning. WG is not beyond salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.