Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Take Luffy and Marco out of the equation because their fruits don’t work like other mythical zoans or just regular zoans. Have we ever seen these 4 forms that you guys claim exist and show me a panel where it says that awakening gives an extra form. Luffy doesn’t count his fruit is Different. Show me prove and I will then agree that kaido will get an extra form.
--I have explained you a bunch of times already and you didn't listen

--Ok I will give a final try

--Luffy's fruit is BASIC "HUMAN" model fruit meaning when luffy tranforms into zoan or hybrid he still remains a human as his fruit is already a human model. If an animal lets say dog would have eaten luffy's DF then they would have two more forms but as both luffy and the fruit in question are humans they cancel each other. So luffy like everyone has 3 forms but in his case as it is a human model we don't see

--Nika looks like a normal human also proving what I said

--Marco has shown 3 forms also his base , full zoan is bird form and partial hybrid form

--If you stilll don't get it nothing I can do

I think he wants to make Luffy's defeat more dramatic, giving us Kaido's flashback and his new transformation when everyone is least expecting it.
Okay, so Onigashima goes down, Momo stops that from killing everyone, Luffy hits Kaidou hard, Kaidou gets back up in a super beast form and takes Luffy out. For the 4th time. Then what? Who is left to fight mega Kaidou? How long till Luffy get's back up yet again? Or are we talking full on raid failure?

Haven't editors said that Wano is almost over? am I mistaken on that?

Also I feel like if Oda wanted to make Luffy's defeat more dramatic he wouldn't have had him lose twice already during the raid... we might be bleeding into just my opinion but that goes from dramatic to repetitive.

Okay, so Onigashima goes down, Momo stops that from killing everyone, Luffy hits Kaidou hard, Kaidou gets back up in a super beast form and takes Luffy out. For the 4th time. Then what? Who is left to fight mega Kaidou? Or are we talking full on raid failure?
That's right full raid failure. Everyone escapes like Nami is saying this chapter.
And I always thought that mega Kaido would fight the SSG, since Oda added that line where Kaido mentions them for a reason in my opinion.

That's right full raid failure. Everyone escapes like Nami is saying this chapter.
And I always thought that mega Kaido would fight the SSG, since Oda added that line where Kaido mentions them for a reason in my opinion.
You could be right I guess. Would that mean I was mistaken about what the editors said and Wano isn't actually close to ending? or does Kaidou just go beyond Wano?

Personally I think it would be a really odd choice to introduce Gear 5th Joyboy (the thing Kaidou wanted to be but never could) only for a full on (almost unprecedented) defeat. To me the whole raid fail thing could be correct but at this point sort of loses sight of why failure is interesting to read. The failure at Marineford was cool because there were actual stakes. Ace and Whitebeard died. Blackbeard and Akainu gained power. The world shifted.

Luffy losing to Kaidou here (from what I can tell) doesn't actually do any of that. If no one actually dies or suffers big consequences, then it just feels like a stall. It doesn't actually instill doubt because we as the audience know Luffy is eventually going to beat Kaidou, it would just mean we have to wait longer (after like a 2 year raid and 3 losses to Kaidou already). Something like that makes sense at the beginning of an arc to establish the relationship between the protagonsit and antagonist, or to show how much the protagonist needs to grow. But at this point it just feels draining.

Are people seriously saying Kaido has been using awakening this whole time despite every other awakening being shown to be a trump card…
He has either already used awakening (hybrid form) or he can't awaken his devil fruit at all. Even Yamato confirmed that Kaido is at his limit and luffy is about to throw a haki thunderbolt at him. Especially the ending makes it look like the fight will conclude in the next one or two chapter. Honestly I kind of hope it does... Luffy literally can't get another upgrade that would make sense and you can see at the last panel that his time is near. Also, as much as I enjoyed Wano, personally I had enough... I mean I am already over 30 and I want to read the end of the Wano arc before I die of old age.

Having said that, Have we actually seen a Zoan user awakening their fruit apart from Chopper and Luffy (Correct me If I am wrong)? Chopper's awakening looks like it's transforming him into a giant (Human to "evolved" human -> Giant) and Luffy's awakening is from a semi Nika to a complete Nika transformation. What more could Kaido's fish fruit do? He can transform to a dragon and then to his hybrid form? Would he become bigger if he awakens? Have stronger scales?? I can't think of an evolution that can make sense.

I really think we won't see Kaido's awakening. If you think about it, we didn't see Marko's awakening either nor Kings nor Queens and Jacks and the first two should be stronger or at least equal to doflamingo who awakened his fruit.

Marco isn't special. Orochi, Pekoms, Funkfreed, Onigumo and Kaido himself have all shown such partial transformations like Marco's.
Funkfreed is a sword that ate a fruit. That was his hybrid form. Onigumo only uses his hair like hands, we don’t know what fruit he has eaten yet. Show me a panel were a zoan has only transformed a hand or only other parts of their body. Prove me wrong by all means.

Last edited:
Are people seriously saying Kaido has been using awakening this whole time despite every other awakening being shown to be a trump card…
I mean, look at it with your own eyes:

Awakened Zoans -- bigger arms, more blood thirsty, loose the half man half zoan thing on their face.

Doflamingo used awakening before saying he was using it. Oda will likely have Kaido stay in it for the final phase.

--I have explained you a bunch of times already and you didn't listen

--Ok I will give a final try

--Luffy's fruit is BASIC "HUMAN" model fruit meaning when luffy tranforms into zoan or hybrid he still remains a human as his fruit is already a human model. If an animal lets say dog would have eaten luffy's DF then they would have two more forms but as both luffy and the fruit in question are humans they cancel each other. So luffy like everyone has 3 forms but in his case as it is a human model we don't see

--Nika looks like a normal human also proving what I said

--Marco has shown 3 forms also his base , full zoan is bird form and partial hybrid form

--If you stilll don't get it nothing I can do
Okay let’s explain something for everyone here.
Zoans work like this
Human form
Animal form
And animal + human form also known as hybrid form

Chopper also has this because he is a reindeer who ate the human fruit. So basically
He either
Reindeer
Human
And reindeerhuman

kaido has normal, dragon and hybrid

sengoku has two forms and mark my words only 2
Because
Human (normal)
And Buddha
Both are human forms because he ate a hito hito no mi and human + human = human
The same goes for Luffy
Normal luff and Nika form
Their is no in between or hybrid form because again human plus human is human

Marco is special because he can go full Phoenixe or transform only a body part. This isn’t really hybrid form. Because all zoans transform their entire body when they go hybrid. Marco can transform only his legs or only his hands. Whatever he chooses. Why because his fruits acts like a logia and logias can transform only parts of them into an element or everything. But this applies only for Marco cuz only his fruit act like a logia.
The other zoans act like zoans and follow the same awakening rules as normal zoans. Especially kaidos that follows all the zoan rules. Luffy’s doesn’t follow the zoan rules, his awakening is different.
I explained the same thing as you. You don’t understand my question. Show me a zoan with 4 forms. Hybrid, human, animal and awaken.
And read everything people post not only parts. Like I do with your comments. Show me a panel and a zoan again with 4 forms. Don’t explain it prove it. The 4th form the awakened form is just your head canon. And you explain it again and again but you can’t prove it.

Whoever came up with this stupid take needs some special help because the dude is clearly lacking some common sense to say the least.
So Kaido's fruit isn't the Fish Fish Fruit model Azure Dragon?

Also, could you let me know which part of my post lacks common sense and correct me?

He has either already used awakening (hybrid form) or he can't awaken his devil fruit at all. Even Yamato confirmed that Kaido is at his limit and luffy is about to throw a haki thunderbolt at him. Especially the ending makes it look like the fight will conclude in the next one or two chapter. Honestly I kind of hope it does... Luffy literally can't get another upgrade that would make sense and you can see at the last panel that his time is near. Also, as much as I enjoyed Wano, personally I had enough... I mean I am already over 30 and I want to read the end of the Wano arc before I die of old age.

Having said that, Have we actually seen a Zoan user awakening their fruit apart from Chopper and Luffy (Correct me If I am wrong)? Chopper's awakening looks like it's transforming him into a giant (Human to "evolved" human -> Giant) and Luffy's awakening is from a semi Nika to a complete Nika transformation. What more could Kaido's fish fruit do? He can transform to a dragon and then to his hybrid form? Would he become bigger if he awakens? Have stronger scales?? I can't think of an evolution that can make sense.

I really think we won't see Kaido's awakening. If you think about it, we didn't see Marko's awakening either nor Kings nor Queens and Jacks and the first two should be stronger or at least equal to doflamingo who awakened his fruit.
Bigger Dragon, more strength and speed

Stronger Boro Breath
Stronger Lightnings
Stronger Winds

Just an all around boost to his stats

Kaku is an Ox too then, let's not forget that Lucci is also a cat, and Yamato with Catarira Devon are actually dogs.
Oh, so this is what bothered you from my whole post... So your problem is that I didn't use the full name of his fruit, because I was refering to his actual fruit type and not Kaido, obviously... Why are you overreacting so much over something that small that doesn't contribute anything to the conversation?

My question was more about how can the awakening of a fish type fruit which is already mythical and over the top since it's the azure dragon become anything more than Kaidos Hybrid form.