• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 67 35.3%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 40 21.1%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Votes: 14 7.4%

• Total voters
Remember when Luffy grabbed a lightning bolt and was going to make a top tier weapon with that and rape Kaido? Kaido dodged it.
He's either going to dodge the fist and Luffy will lose again or the punch will only connect in the last page of the next chapter.

I've seen this being quoted way too often. Luffy isn't just punching harder.
I wonder what these people were expecting Luffy would do? Talk no Jutsu?
Is he going to talk Kaido to death? Like at least try to use your brain a little.
What's been the biggest factor in hurting Kaido for example? :smart:
The problem is oda did lie in his speech, giving us readers high expectation that Luffy will have something other than "punching harder" to defeat Kaido. It's natural for readers to be so hyped up about oda's statement.

Oda almost made his words come true if he made Luffy defeats Kaido with that Lightning strike, for example

For me we can only sense the defeat or death of kaido if he obtain obvious injuries or he mention his injuries just like whitebeard or bigmom.i think the only injury he mention is the scar that zoro gave him but it did not stop kaido and it was healed.so if kaido was hit and survive this he will specially mention how great the injuries he suffer or we will see how great the damage he obtain and thats when we can clearly see the defeat or death of kaido is approaching✌

That Kidd panel was curious. Maybe Kidd magnetizes the big sword and Luffy’s punch sends Kaido down to be impaled on the sword? Luffy does The hard work and Kidd gets the glory? Kidd kills Kaido? Kidd’s DF makes Kaido’s haki irrelevant?
It certainly doesn't look like a shot of a character that has finished his role in the arc, that's for sure.
Post automatically merged:

Morj speaking facts.

The lack of faith/interest I have in the Kozuki clan is just staggering
Hiyori is having trouble with Orochi?!

But I love Luffy's logic
He's on Momo's side, but also...f**k Momo:kayneshrug:

Luffy: Momo, get ready to catch the island (that's about to be pebbles)

I really enjoyed this chapter, but Luffy is not really making an impact on Kaido and I have reasons why this wont be the final attack. Oda said he doesn't want to end this fight with Luffy's punch, and I believe him, so I doubt this will be the final attack. Kaido talking about Haki being what is needed to conquer the world leads me to believe that Luffy will have to harness his Haki in a new way in order to defeat Kaido here. Luffy putting Momo on the spot should aid him in finally being able to use his flame clouds to move Onigashima out of the way. This should be the beginning of how Momo will go about saving the Capital once Luffy does hit Kaido with the finishing blow.

I feel like there are a few things that need to be wrapped up before this fight is actually at its conclusion.
  1. Time limit - We usually get a countdown of sorts (Birdcage, Luffy coming out of the Mirror, Gates of Justice, Time Bomb, etc). This has not been setup yet even though we heard Onigashima would be over Wano in 15 minutes. The people of Wano have not even realized that Onigashima is closing in on them, which I would expect to happen as part of the countdown we usually get.
  2. Kaido's flashback - I doubt that what we got from King's flashback and Kaido's first time meeting Big Mom will be his only flashbacks. We still need to see what drives him and what made him the person he is before Luffy can deliver the finishing blow.
  3. Orochi - I am not sure what Oda has planned for Orochi but him coming back again means that he still has a purpose. He either needs to be defeated by Momo or he will see Kaido's defeat and the people of Wano will rise up against him. Either way he isn't going to harm Hiyori that I am certain of.
Morj is such a hater. I am really starting to get annoyed with this "raid failing" bs he has been spouting. At first it was kind of an interesting idea but the closer we get to the end of this arc (with Oda continually hinting that the end is near) just makes him seem foolish. Like give it up already admit you were wrong and start making content that makes sense again. I dropped his channel a long time ago, there are much better OP reviewers out there.

Loved this Chapter. Blatant as fuck set-up for raid fail/big loss.

Oda usally ends final fight chapters on a dire note until Luffy wins, but here Oda keeps ending chapters of this fight on hopeful notes.
It's also really fucked up how the people of Wano are just accepting a return to slavery
imagine Wano concluding with them just being freed and not learning to stand up for themselves

Like, that's just not how Oda writes. People in One Piece get rewarded for fighting for their dreams.
The people of Wano need to rebel on their own.
Oda writes the people of the islands being involved in their own stories. While Luffy saves the day, the people of islands go through a collective character arc of wanting to be free, fighting for themselves, not just giving up. Oda just writing the people of this island being like "yup we're stuck in slavery, we're passive and won't try to do anything about it" leads to it being extremely unsatisfying if this is it.
The people of Wano still believe that Kaido is a benevolent loser. Them choosing to fight will only have meaning if they do so after a big loss, when they should believe it's hopeless. They'll choose to fight anyway.

Like, beyond Wano, beyond the people of islands, you have to understand the fundamental way Oda writes. As far back as how Coby only gets helped by Luffy after he stands up to Alvida. Oda universally writes to emphasize themes. Characters get rewarded for their actions being in line with the themes and punished if they aren't. Characters who don't fight for their dreams don't have good things happen to them. Characters who do fight for their dreams are rewarded.

Coby stands up to Alvida. The people of Skypeia pray for freedom. Robin gets saved after she declares she wants to live. The people of Cocoyashi village show up to fight for their freedom. If your point is "Oda doesn't write like this" you aren't paying any attention to how Oda writes.

Like, let my friend outline this. If Luffy wins here, then the people of Wano, who accepted slavery, get freed without any will of their own.

Let's look at it if Luffy loses. It's absolutely possible for Oda to write that loss and still avoid the flower capital falling and killing everyone, obviously that's not going to happen. What happens next? Kaido enacts the plan he talked about to change Wano. Revealing the lie that he was a benevolent ruler to the citizens. And he takes away their one festival, the one bright spot in their life, the thing that makes them think "i can't wait for next year when we do this again." Now they have nothing to look forward to. Now they have nothing left to lose. And with nothing left to lose, they stand up.
The dissonance of the Wano citizens being willing to go back to slavery and everything is so fucking weird that there's actually zero chance that Luffy just defeats Kaido and the next thing we get from them is "oh it's so great that we're free now"

Like literal basic writing and dramatic stakes states that we need to get them actually wanting it, actually feeling the despair of having their last light of hope snuffed out, before we then get the day being saved. That's the thing about raid fail/another big loss. There are so many dramatic beats like this that just feel completely incomplete if this is the final stage of the final battle. It's just literally not how Oda writes, there's zero chance of that not being developed further.

"Well, we still have hope, I hope I'm still alive for the next year's festival" is so on the nose setup.
For them finding out that there won't be one next year
:jay-he: