• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 67 35.3%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 40 21.1%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Votes: 14 7.4%

• Total voters
The opening scene just confirms that Momo IS NOT gonna end up ruling the country at the end of Wano. Oda is constantly reiterating that people are forcing WAY too much on him despite the fact that he’s just a kid. Oda’s not gonna just have Momo responsible for an entire country after constantly showing us the burden Momo is suffering under. His story seems to be saying that Momo needs the space to BE a kid. IMO he needs to be on the strawhats ship where he’s free of these burdens.

This Man Kaido said, Haki Over Everything.

I love that he confirmed that Roger was just some random Gigachad. Someone on Reddit also pointed how all the former Rocks Pirates all talked about Roger right before they were defeated. Shiki(in the movie) Big Mom against Kid & Law, Whitebeard at Marineford, and now Kaido.

The final panel for me confirms to things. First: Luffy is definitely gonna lose. Oda said that Luffy wasn’t just going to win with a powerful punch. But then he deliberately makes Luffy attempt to use a super powerful punch. This sets up Luffy to lose.
Second: Oda is confirming that Luffy can actually get that huge if he really wanted. Which means we might get to see it.
Clown coming from Morjs comment section

:gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

morj is only pushing the raid failing because of how bad the writing is in Onigashima for him. , he just cant believe Oda is executing things like this.
It's only "bad" writing for him and his fanbase because his theories haven't turned out correct (awakening for the Beast Pirates, things turning out more dire, etc). He just desperately wants to be right, this has nothing to do with writing.

It doesn't.
Because we still have no idea what "Black Blades" are and how they are any different from normal blades with blackening haki.
After all, when Zoro uses the blackening on his blades against Golem Pica, we have a flashback about Mihawk teaching Zoro about "how to create a black blade", and we come back to the present with Zoro looking all proud at his newly developed haki infused black blades.

But then it's temporarily, which doesn't make sense due to the flashback not making any difference between temporary and permanent black blades, and now we have a "forged black blade".

This plot is almost as stupid and convoluted as the entire "haki" concept itself.
So if there are grades of swords each higher grade has plus 1

so if enma is enma+4 (great grade sword) black blade enma is +5 (supreme grade sword) in base form forever and there is no need to infuse attacks to start. When applying even more haki then just base form black blade zoro then raises its Damage to +6-7 (or more)

And there is a distinct difference between black blade and not, because we were bluntly told black blades raise in grade of sword when made into black blades

so since zoros a glass cannon over all his power output raises greatly when enma is turned into a black blade+stamina increases due to his sword requiring less haki to get from +4 to +7
Post automatically merged:

Clown coming from Morjs comment section

:gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
Unless kaido turns into Godzilla this is a heavy cope.

Powerscaling tidbits this chapter.

It should be noted that Luffy is ridiculously fast for not only being able to catch a lightning bolt but also, spin around on a bolt of lightning before it disappears or even connects with the ground.

But whats crazier is that despite that he STILL can't tag Kaido

Dragon boi is dodging G5 Awakened Luffy in mid fucking air.

WHY is this man so Fast!?!?

This entire fight sequence is likely taking place within fractions of fractions of a second.

@OnePiss

One of his reasonings is that the people of wano are "too happy" lol

this was a chapter before Doflamingo lost lol
I have no idea what he’s reading bro. But he’s actually making me angry

:nicagesmile:
Post automatically merged:

Powerscaling tidbits this chapter.

It should be noted that Luffy is ridiculously fast for not only being able to catch a lightning bolt but also, spin around on a bolt of lightning before it disappears or even connects with the ground.

But whats crazier is that despite that he STILL can't tag Kaido

Dragon boi is dodging G5 Awakened Luffy in mid fucking air.

WHY is this man so Fast!?!?

This entire fight sequence is likely taking place within fractions of fractions of a second.
Ok clown

:gokulaugh::neesama:

Also, Kaido says Luffy's still weak to cutting attacks, but is he though?

Because last I checked, his demolition breath took one of Kiku's arms. Yet Luffy is fine after taking multiple of them.

Kinda strange that it's worded like that.

@OnePiss

One of his reasonings is that the people of wano are "too happy" lol

this was a chapter before Doflamingo lost lol
Yea this to me is the most glaring issue with the Morj and his people. They are so stuck on this theory that they've totally misread the tone of the chapter and imagined patterns that aren't there. Not only the fact that everyone was also cheering for Luffy right before before Doflamingo lost, but also the actual content of what the samurai are cheering for.

They aren't just cheering because they think they have this in the bag, they are celebrating because they are ready to die for their cause, and believe that death to be imminent. For all Morj's talk of the importance of death to the Wano arc, he's really missing the significance of how death is being handled here in the later part of the raid. This also came up right before Luffy's awakening, but Oda is really driving home the samurai's value that an honorable death in struggle for a cause is better than a life enslaved.

I was excited to see his video today because I wanted to hear his take on that, but instead he completely glossed over it. He just reduced it to "samurai seem overconfident - this is a setup for them losing" because he seems to just be cherry picking evidence for his theory rather than engaging with what is actually happening and the contrast being drawn between the alliance and the beast pirates.

Which sucks since Morj has genuinely been by far my favorite OP youtuber in terms of analysis. But like... this is getting kind of silly.

Last edited:
Also, Kaido says Luffy's still weak to cutting attacks, but is he though?

Because last I checked, his demolition breath took one of Kiku's arms. Yet Luffy is fine after taking multiple of them.

Kinda strange that it's worded like that.
plot oda didnt want luffy to lose limbs we see him getting cut though

Yea this (to me) is the most glaring issue with the Morj and his people. They are so stuck on this theory that they've totally misread the tone of the chapter and imagined patterns that aren't there. Not only the fact that everyone was also cheering before Doflamingo lost, but also the actual content of what the samurai are cheering for. They aren't just cheering because they think they have this in the bag, they are celebrating because they are ready to die for their cause, and believe that to be imminent. For all Morj's talk of the importance of death to the Wano arc, he's really missing the significance of that.

I was excited to see his video today because I wanted to hear his take on that, but instead he totally glossed over it. He just reduced it to "samurai seem overconfident this is a setup for them losing" because he seems to just be cherry picking evidence for his theory rather than engaging with what is actually happening and the contrast being drawn between the alliance and the beast pirates.

Which sucks since Morj has genuinely been by far my favorite OP youtuber in terms of analysis. But like... this is getting kind of silly.
Morj was my favourite OP YouTuber up until half way through last year. I didn’t even care about all the theories that he got wrong because he explains them well but he doesn’t even try and look at the other side of things here. He isn’t even trying to argue anything else.

I

Indigo

I think you guys are being a bit too mean to Mr. Morj.

I like to make fun of the theory beacuse of how long he kept going and how Oda kept going the other way.

But Mr. Morj has shown multiple times that he doesn't think this is bad writing just because isn't what he wants. He showed many times, just in this arc alone too, of Oda surprising him with things he didn't expect / didn't want to happen and that he still enjoyed. In fact he has said he is very open to enjoy the way Oda could go with this, he just doesn't really like it right now.

And he also used mutiple examples of other arcs from One Piece, not just headcanon / fandom infusion from other manga, but One Piece. He showed how most big arcs has the Straw Hats original plan fail, so that it gives tension and a low point for the heroes to overcome against and the odds and then have a more serious / focused / climatic final battle.

I think he has made his point very well and why the Onigashima raid doesn't have these things. Which is fair. If you are going to tell me that you can see the same intensity / focused energy the Straw Hats had during Alabasta or Enies Lobby, then you are just lying to yourself. They have been joking around and feeling confident, saying they are gonna win, since the start of the raid.

Also the many scenes from the samurai talking about how they are gonna win no matter what, that they feel they can't lose and all that just kills the tension / feel of the raid.

I think you guys are being a bit too mean to Mr. Morj.

I like to make fun of the theory beacuse of how long he kept going and how Oda kept going the other way.

But Mr. Morj has shown multiple times that he doesn't think this is bad writing just because isn't what he wants. He showed many times, just in this arc alone too, of Oda surprising him with things he didn't expect / didn't want to happen and that he still enjoyed. In fact he has said he is very open to enjoy the way Oda could go with this, he just doesn't really like it right now.

And he also used mutiple examples of other arcs from One Piece, not just headcanon / fandom infusion from other manga, but One Piece. He showed how most big arcs has the Straw Hats original plan fail, so that it gives tension and a low point for the heroes to overcome against and the odds and then have a more serious / focused / climatic final battle.

I think he has made his point very well and why the Onigashima raid doesn't have these things. Which is fair. If you are going to tell me that you can see the same intensity / focused energy the Straw Hats had during Alabasta or Enies Lobby, then you are just lying to yourself. They have been joking around and feeling confident, saying they are gonna win, since the start of the raid.

Also the many scenes from the samurai talking about how they are gonna win no matter what, that they feel they can't lose and all that just kills the tension / feel of the raid.
My issue that is he think by extending the arc by another 2 fucking years he’ll enjoy the arc more. Just accept that this won’t be the arc you thought it was. No arc should ever be 8 FUCKING YEARS LONG.

Especially due to the fact that Oda wasted 4 years of this arc already dragging it out to get to the point where the raid will fail only to waste another 2 years getting to the point of them being Kaido whilst about a 1/3 to a half of all that is absolute pointless filler content

Morj was my favourite OP YouTuber until he literally got stuck with this raid will fail bullshit.

I too believed the raid would fail but when we were 20 chapters deep the realization came to me. If the raid were supposed to fail it was supposed to happen like 15-20 chapters in at max and that's already a lot.
Imagine the raid failing with almost 100 chapters on it? It would be the most ridiculous shit ever lmao.

Morj was my favourite OP YouTuber until he literally got stuck with this raid will fail bullshit.

I too believed the raid would fail but when we were 20 chapters deep the realization came to me. If the raid were supposed to fail it was supposed to happen like 15-20 chapters in at max and that's already a lot.
Imagine the raid failing with almost 100 chapters on it? It would be the most ridiculous shit ever lmao.
yup how i picture it:

Scabbards attack Kaido and his crew, fail miserably. Luffy is forced to save them and gets destroyed by Kaido even with adCoA. The alliance is forced to retreat.

There’s no way anyone could spin it as a good thing for the story