• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 67 35.3%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 40 21.1%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • Votes: 14 7.4%

• Total voters
@Paperchampion23 just the fact that most people don't feel like the fight is ending, even with all the dialogue and editor notes that are being posted, just shows how the community as a whole is not satisfied with the raid.

Just look back on many of the fights we had, most of those had the same posts / feelings constantly.

"So Franky, Robin and Jinbei defeated the F6 just like that? no Awakening or anything?" - They felt something missing

"Jack went down just like that? after showing his hybrid and no named attacks?" - They felt something missing

"So Sanji and Zoro defeated the calamities just like that? it was so boring after they got their power ups, they went down too fast, Kaido's top commanders have no awakening?" - They felt something missing

and now it's happening again with Luffy vs Kaido

people feel tension / drama / difficulty missing in these fights and struggle, they don't end up feeling satisfied
and your solution is to keep this arc going instead, despite the majority of the community wanting to move on

I

Indigo

and your solution is to keep this arc going instead, despite the majority of the community wanting to move on
that's not my solution

i already said i don't think it's gonna happen

i'm saying why i understand where Morj is coming from

but the fact that people think the fights are not satisfying and they haven't been paid off for reading 140 chapters and just want to move on is not a good thing...

why would anyone think Oda would change for the final war then? the same thing is going to happen if this just keeps going

I think it's a valid way to compare when people love sagas from One Piece such as Alabasta and Water 7 / Enies Lobby.

Especially when Oda decided to make Wano much more closer to how those old sagas worked than Post-TS sagas.

1st we got all the crew togehter, no splitting.

2nd almost all straw hats get individual or duo fights, actual hard fights that are obstacles, not just showcases like Fishman Island.

3rd we have the straw hats having a plan of how they are gonna solve things, and those plans usually fail, but then in Wano they never actually failed, they just got delayed.

4th Oda creatred this massive "this arc is gonna be really hard" feeling with puting not only Kaido, but also Big Mom here too, so it's very weird to create the hardest arc in theory in terms of tension, yet let the heroes win easier than other arcs before it. No actual defeats, just small setbacks and delays, and a bunch of Power Ups in the middle of the arc to help solve problems. Sanji and Zoro get two power ups in the same arc, Luffy gets three, Law and Kidd reveal to have awakening and infinite stamina.

You can talk about however you want about Mr. Morj, but you can't deny that this arc doesn't feel as hard as it should be. It doesn't even matter if the raid fails or not, it's not a matter of "i want the raid to fail exactly like i want", it's a matter of "where is the difficulty that was promised and built up over 500 chapters?"

That's what Morj feels missing, that's it.
But then he can say those elements are missing and be disappointed like reasonable people should lol. This is exactly the issue I have with ZKK or claims that Kaido will fight a combined alliance at this point. People clearly want "more", because they are disappointed by what they have gotten already. Let's say Kaido is defeated from this punch, I guarantee you people like Morj (raid failers), ZKK fans, and Kaido team up fans will all freak out, call Oda a hack, and say that the writing is so poor because it does not meet their expectations.

I have my own qualms about One Piece, however I've accepted its just different these days. I do not expect the story to exactly get darker than what is set on. I take things at face value and accept what has been given to me. Big example is the shit people like to rag on me for, being the flying 6. I thought there was "more" to their fights because of the way Oda cut away from their scenes. It turns out there wasn't, but you can go back and see that

1. I accepted the alternative (that they were defeated) as a possibility long before they were shown defeated

2. Never really complained about them being defeated outside of just wanting to see more of Jinbe/Franky fighting or Usopp not getting shafted. I never actually hated on the mangaka for his creative decision to not focus on it.

Other things like the BMP not showing up or Jack getting defeated quickly fit into this category. I accepted what was seemingly hyped before and moved on from it.

But I disagree about intensity and difficulty. It feels way harder than past arcs imo. This has been the most fighting Oda has drawn in a span of chapters ever. He has delivered what I expected from a Yonko fight and their crew, even though I ironically expected more out of the F6, Jack or BMs crew. But that's just me lol.

Morj imo does not do this. He chalks up that whatever hes not right on, its automatically a bad decision made by Oda. I dont say these things, im just disappointed and move on. Its not my manga. The author does not owe me anything.
Post automatically merged:

@Paperchampion23 just the fact that most people don't feel like the fight is ending, even with all the dialogue and editor notes that are being posted, just shows how the community as a whole is not satisfied with the raid.

Just look back on many of the fights we had, most of those had the same posts / feelings constantly.

"So Franky, Robin and Jinbei defeated the F6 just like that? no Awakening or anything?" - They felt something missing

"Jack went down just like that? after showing his hybrid and no named attacks?" - They felt something missing

"So Sanji and Zoro defeated the calamities just like that? it was so boring after they got their power ups, they went down too fast, Kaido's top commanders have no awakening?" - They felt something missing

and now it's happening again with Luffy vs Kaido

people feel tension / drama / difficulty missing in these fights and struggle, they don't end up feeling satisfied
I believe I addressed my own personal opinions about this in my above response to you, have a read.

Feel like Oda won't end the Kaido fight like this, maybe it will last a couple chapters longer if Oda sensei hopefully doesn't end up shifting the momentum away from it. If anything goes well Zoro will wake up in a fre chapters as well. :crazwhat:

I

Indigo

But then he can say those elements are missing and be disappointed like reasonable people should lol. This is exactly the issue I have with ZKK or claims that Kaido will fight a combined alliance at this point. People clearly want "more", because they are disappointed by what they have gotten already. Let's say Kaido is defeated from this punch, I guarantee you people like Morj (raid failers), ZKK fans, and Kaido team up fans will all freak out, call Oda a hack, and say that the writing is so poor because it does not meet their expectations.

I have my own qualms about One Piece, however I've accepted its just different these days. I do not expect the story to exactly get darker than what is set on. I take things at face value and accept what has been given to me. Big example is the shit people like to rag on me for, being the flying 6. I thought there was "more" to their fights because of the way Oda cut away from their scenes. It turns out there wasn't, but you can go back and see that

1. I accepted the alternative (that they were defeated) as a possibility long before they were shown defeated

2. Never really complained about them being defeated outside of just wanting to see more of Jinbe/Franky fighting or Usopp not getting shafted. I never actually hated on the mangaka for his creative decision to not focus on it.

Other things like the BMP not showing up or Jack getting defeated quickly fit into this category. I accepted what was seemingly hyped before and moved on from it.

But I disagree about intensity and difficulty. It feels way harder than past arcs imo. This has been the most fighting Oda has drawn in a span of chapters ever. He has delivered what I expected from a Yonko fight and their crew, even though I ironically expected more out of the F6, Jack or BMs crew. But that's just me lol.
Post automatically merged:

I believe I addressed my own personal opinions about this in my above response to you, have a read.
I don't know. We're talking about a Youtuber and a Discussion Forum for One Piece.

Both Morj and the people that use this forum wants to talk about One Piece. They wanna talk about how they felt and what they think could happen in the story going forward.

It's just a weird logic to me to say to a person that makes money reviewing the series to "just shut up and accept what Oda is doing", it's his job (a position given by his audience) to talk about and criticize the story.

Morj is not a casual reader, he is someone that is working and making money from talking about the series and pointing things out.

I don't know. We're talking about a Youtuber and a Discussion Forum for One Piece.

Both Morj and the people that use this forum wants to talk about One Piece. They wanna talk about how they felt and what they think could happen in the story going forward.

It's just a weird logic to me to say to a person that makes money reviewing the series to "just shut up and accept what Oda is doing", it's his job (a position given by his audience) to talk about and criticize the story.

Morj is not a casual reader, he is someone that is working and making money from talking about the series and pointing things out.
For sure, but then i think we as viewers have the right then to criticize his takes lol.

I'm not telling him to accept it. I'm just questioning why he feels a certain way about the raid failing especially after this chapter. Just a criticism of his viewpoint here, because I do not understand it

I think you guys are being a bit too mean to Mr. Morj.
I mean, I think Morj is probably the best OP youtuber and I think his analysis videos are fantastic. So I wouldn't say mean.

But the issue is that he presents evidence for the raid failing but doesn't really look at that evidence critically. It's like he is mounting a case to win an argument rather than seeking truth. As new information comes in and evidence mounts against the raid failing (Strawhats winning all of their battles, major plot threads being closed, Luffy losing twice and unlocking Gear 5th, the length of the raid itself) he doesn't amend his theory or contextualize. He just keeps driving away at the same theory, and it starts to feel more like branding than honest engagement.

Like I know a lot of people think Morj is just delusional, but it feels to me more like strategy on his part. If doesn't serve his brand to express doubt in raid failure or point out evidence against his own theory because he has already staked his claim. On the off chance that he is right, it is more impressive if he can say he was all in.

Coming from the ASOIAF/GoT fandom I saw a lot of this. People would stake their reputations on certain theories and characters, resist all evidence to the contrary, and then trash the story when they turned out to be wrong.

I mean, I think Morj is probably the best OP youtuber and I think his analysis videos are fantastic. So I wouldn't say mean.

But the issue is that he presents evidence for the raid failing but doesn't really look at that evidence critically. It's like he is mounting a case to win an argument rather than seeking truth. As new information comes in and evidence mounts against the raid failing (Strawhats winning all of their battles, major plot threads being closed, Luffy losing twice and unlocking Gear 5th, the length of the raid itself) he doesn't amend his theory or contextualize. He just keeps driving away at the same theory, and it starts to feel more like branding than honest engagement.

Like I know a lot of people think Morj is just delusional, but it feels to me more like strategy on his part. If doesn't serve his brand to express doubt in raid failure or point out evidence against his own theory because he has already staked his claim. On the off chance that he is right, it is more impressive if he can say he was all in.

Coming from the ASOIAF/GoT fandom I saw a lot of this. People would stake their reputations on certain theories and characters, resist all evidence to the contrary, and then trash the story when they turned out to be wrong.
Lol facts man. The Freefolk subreddit was always full of people like Morj

B

Ballel

It's so weird that Roger did none of things... Like building army or making alliance and stronger crew... All he did was go on adventures, solve mysteries....which even luffy ain't doing
Roger "conquered the world" by revealing the secrets the WG tries to hide.

B

Ballel

He didnt revealed nothing. He is the Pirate King since he reached the last island, which no one has done. He conquered the seas since he has been all the islands.
"Reveal" might have been the wrong word.
Fact is, it's the WG who hand out those titles and they do so according to who poses the greatest threat to their rule, not who is the most "evil" criminal.

"Reveal" might have been the wrong word.
Fact is, it's the WG who hand out those titles and they do so according to who poses the greatest threat to their rule, not who is the most "evil" criminal.
According to Roger, the WG didnt give him that title, it was the people just as how Luffy was recognized as the 5th Emperor.

It's so weird that Roger did none of things... Like building army or making alliance and stronger crew... All he did was go on adventures, solve mysteries....which even luffy ain't doing
I think that the Emperors are stronger than Roger lol. Maybe not in a 1 vs 1. But Shiki got Roger cornered with his army and luck saved Roger lol.

They would had lost that battle, maybe it was Shiki who started this concept of Emperor. The novels says that in the era of Roger, the concept of Yonkou didnt exist. The original are WB, Big Mom, Shanks and Kaido and all of them started to rule as Emperors in the seas since non of them could reach Laugh Tale.

So they had to get more power, military power to overwhelm an another Emperor, something Roger didnt have to do, before it was just pirate crews vs pirate crews.