• ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 58 22.0%
  • ⭐⭐⭐

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Votes: 28 10.6%

• Total voters
His flashback didn’t give us anything on why he wants to die which was pretty much the most interesting thing about him in his introduction.
It's not a specific event that happened to him that made him want to die, but rather his whole worldview. Notice that Kaidou is introduced trying to kill himself, and then when he is unable to do so he decides to start the biggest battle the world has ever seen so that he can get a great death and be complete as a person (like Roger and WB). Kaidou is bitter because he could not be Joyboy and change the world, so he does battle hoping to find a Joyboy who never comes.

It's possible Kaidou doesn't want to die anymore now that he has been beaten by Joyboy.

It doesn't clear up much at all tbh.

So many open plot points that Oda teased as important are still open:

- Why does Kaido want to die so badly?
- How/why did he become a father (he really doesn't seem to be that kind of guy)?
- What's up with his oni-heritage?
- What's the deal with Onigashima in particular?
- Why does he think Wano is that special and decided to establish his base there?
- Because he hates the world and couldn't be Joyboy to change it
- One Piece doesn't always really care about these questions. You might as well ask how/why Garp became a father.
- He is one.
- Looks like it's a giant oni skull. Probably isn't from Kaidou's lifetime.
- How Wano relates to Joyboy might be a question for further down the line.

Last edited:
The fight isn't over. Kaido will either return with an awakened form or he'll consume the Yamato no Orochi fruit once it respwns and he'll have the power of two devil fruits temporarily before he explodes as consequence.

He'll surely be beaten by the 9 shadows of the prophecy.

Kaido Zoan form with two devil fruits:

Orochi? :myman:

what if zkk happens, but the circumstances are awakened kaido gets distracted because he sees adult momo and thinks its Oden back from the dead, and then in the opening zoro beheads him.

would this be satisfying? i think this might be how it happens, if it does

what if zkk happens, but the circumstances are awakened kaido gets distracted because he sees adult momo and thinks its Oden back from the dead, and then in the opening zoro beheads him.

Yes. No one assumed Zoro beheads Kaido in a fair fight. It was only about the killing itself.

I think it would be more satisfying if Zoro saved Luffy & the Flower Capital from Kaido cheapshotting them during their after-party celebrations

Yes. No one assumed Zoro beheads Kaido in a fair fight. It was only about the killing itself.
since oda is obsessed with parallels and doing the same scene multiple times in different ways i realized kaido won via distraction twice and he hasnt had the same situation turned on him yet, so if he is actually going to do zoro killing kaido theres a chance hes going to do it this way

Nah. Taking Kaido down in a fight was Luffy's job. He is the liberator, he is the sun. Zoro is the moon, the guardian of Wano, his job is a different one.
no that shit is lame af. Zoro would be reduced to the role of fodder executioner.

That is something expected out of a fodder like Momo.