What will Greenbull’s Devil fruit be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
finally admitting it... Oda isnt zoro fanboy at all, he makes luffy jesus of the story and will do everything for him.. Zoro having plot right now is just in the way, he wants to rush the ending
Post skip has been the Luffy show, I actually half expected Oda to derail from it a bit given his love of Zoro but even that is nothing compared to his Luffy obssession.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
If I was a ZKK supporter id be a little embarrassed ngl. Years of theories and connections for Zoro to do what he always does, beat the number 2 of the main baddie. Yikes if you ask me.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
So Kaido, Big Mom, and the Beasts Pirates failed to kill anyone on the protagonist side.:josad:

Meanwhile Kanjuro and Maha did successfully killed two characters on the protagonist side.:myman:

Even the protagonist side has more kills than than Kaido, Big Mom, and the Beasts Pirates.:peperain:
Kind throws a cold one on that "Rocks hype" with the "revival of rocks pirates" that was going on.
:kayneshrug:

What else
Here is the top of my list

Nico Robin has Ohara and his family there
Sanji is a vinsmoke
Chopper's background is well known born a reindeer raised by doctor Kureha
Nami has Balemiere and her backstory with Arlong
Luffy at least has Dad and a Grand dad
Franky has his back story with Tom and Iceburg

Who is Zoro?
What has Oda revealed about Zoro?

This is a arc about swordsman, Zoro has spent his life training as a swordsman, Oda has build his entire character around swordsmanship

Yet in an arc of Swordsman, Oda introduced not one but two empty plot points
Ryuma the one Eyed Samurai
Shimtosuki Ushimaru in his youth looks just like Zoro

Now is Zoro a shimotsuki? Is he not a Shimotsuki? Is Zoro related to ryuma? Is he not related to Ryuma?

If he isn't then why did Oda pull all that shit out of his ass

When asked the question in SBS he said I don't want to draw Zoro's lineage with Shimotsuki because its too complex Oda is literally not gonna give us any character and back story for Zoro because he is so fucking lazy.

So Fucking Lazy that He literally opened a plot and never closed it.

NOW ZORO"S EMPTY PROMISES

PROMISE NUMBER 1
"I Will round up Samurai"

Result
NOTHING HAPPENED

PROMISE NUMBER 2
"I Will Kill Orochi"

Result
NOTHING HAPPENED

PROMISE NUMBER 3
"I Will Cut Kaido to Pieces"

Result
NOTHING HAPPENED

Three glaring empty promises from Zoro makes him look like a fucking bitch who talks about of hot air.

If Oda wrote simple arc like we initially predicted, he goes in defeats King or Orochi and gets done with it I'll be fine but Oda has turned Zoro into a LITERAL CUCK
Ah, the the end of the line for Zoro fans.

Absolute rejection for their God when instead they could have just simply had normal expectations for a side character that isn't the MC

Hmm we should wait till the next chapter to decide...
I mean Zoro literallly just woke up.
The same as ever.
Kid from East Blue, made a promise to a dear friend to become the PK.
Learned along the way that sometimes there are even bigger dreams, like helping Luffy become PK.
He's gonna achieve it all.
I wasn't invested in some secret background for Zoro anyway. So at least I got to be immune to that blueballing teasing of everyone looking the spitting img of Zoro.

:kayneshrug:
That's a rather shallow interpretation of Zoro if I'm being honest. Zoro said he wants to be the best swordsman there ever was, which possibly mean there were better swordsmen than Mihawk before his era, but obviously Zoro can't fight the dead so he needs to go by some other metric to remove doubt of him being the best swordsman there ever was. Zoro also wants his name to reach the heavens, which implies he'll do not great, but fantastical things to have his name be amongst the greatest in the world.

Zoro's dream thus far has been rather flat, and many things that surround the lore of swordsmanship is shrouded in mystery and hasn't really been lacking in application such as grade blade, like do the different ranks between named swords even matter. Mihawk's himself really hasn't displayed what makes being the World's Strongest Swordsman impressive, which lessens the reputation of the title.

It also doesn't help that many of Zoro's enemies, especially in the Timeskip, aren't even swordsmen themselves, which makes it difficult to compare how well Zoro's improving in swordsmanship, not strictly power. And other possible swordsmen of the world may not even be swordsmen just like King, so that just murks the water of who Zoro can compare to other than Mihawk, who himself hasn't done much.

I understand that Zoro puts Luffy's dream over his own, but it's to a point that his own dream has been almost fully overshadowed by Luffy's dream, not given anyway to grow and be fruitful as opposed to Luffy's. Unlike Luffy's dream, Zoro's doesn't earn recognition whenever he spouts off about it, which kills any interesting interactions surrounding the title of "World's Strongest Swordsman".

Overall I feel that Zoro's dream is practically irrelevant in the One Piece world as only 2 people care about it, and Mihawk doesn't do much to give the title any flair.

Last edited:

Bogard

You can't win
PROMISE NUMBER 2
"I Will Kill Orochi"

Result
NOTHING HAPPENED
Luffy also said in Zou that he'd beat up Jack. In the end he never even saw his face

Besides after saying this, Hiyori told him to leave Orochi to her, with Oda simply leaving that plot to her, and as many stated killing Orochi was never important with Kaido around
PROMISE NUMBER 3
"I Will Cut Kaido to Pieces"

Result
NOTHING HAPPENED
As I told to Zoro fans like @HA001 before, people misinterpretated that scene. Cutting Kaido there wasn't meant to say he'd kill Kaido. He did accomplish his goal to cut up Kaido, even left him a scar, but the goal of defeating Kaido was always Luffy's job.

Luffy vs Kaido is something Oda was wondering about since more than 10years now, wondering how Luffy could beat him.

Zoro was never meant to be the one to finish Kaido. It was always totally contradictory with Oda's story writing for decades of One Piece, but if we look at the Wano writing as a whole, in terms of powerscaling, what Zoro did totally surpassed the usual expectations

Usually Zoro only fight the second of the arc, leaving the task to Luffy. In this arc, Zoro actually fought the main villain alongside Luffy, scarred him to life, temporarily blocked a "big move"(Hakai) from 2 yonko, showing crazy endurance, got an adcoc power up and mid diffing a YC1 after a temporarily healing medicine

The disappointment only comes from the fact of expecting more than necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.