Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m right tho

Kaido and BM very blatantly toyed with the supernova until they ultimately got serious

Shanks just skipped to being serious
That's the difference in opponents from then vs. now. The opponents aren't necessarily going to get much stronger save the main villains, but they're going to be menaces to the SHs and the Worst Generation. They won't be more focused on wedding cakes or carrying islands; Kizaru, BB and Shanks will just skip straight to taking them out.
Post automatically merged:

S

so Like what he did to kizaru In film red
I didn't even think of that
:crazwhat:
That's cool ngl

This happens every time.
Y'all have these big dreams for fictitious characters and are suddenly shocked when your headcanon doesn't come true.
Let me tell you something.
Luffy got CLAPPED by Kaidou at the beginning of Wano.. Did Luffy fans give up?
Sanji got clapped by Doflamingo despite using his best attacks.. Did Sanji fans give up?
I do not know what you thought would happen here, either, as Kidd is literally up against one of the most hyped Yonko members ever bar Kaidou. It was clear he wouldn't win. Perhaps this is a brutal defeat, but this is the defeat of a guy who murdered innocent people for no reason.. Still think he didn't deserve it?
Not to mention that Kidd needed to jump an Emperor before and had only won because he got lucky and threw her out of the island. And Big Mom is cocky. Shanks is serious. That's the difference.
They're out of the playground, they ain't playing soccer on the playground anymore, this is hardcore Rugby.
All of what you said doesn’t change the fact that building up a character for the purpose of using that character to make another character look cool is cheap and lazy writing lol.

Why would Luffy and Sanji fans give up? Not only have neither of them ever taken an L this hard, but they are also the MCs. Of course they will bounce back. Kidd already got this treatment with Kaido when he got whooped thrown into prison and had his RHM fed a SMILE fruit

Constantly dunking on a character is just repetitive nonsense and it’s not building anything. No one thought he would win, but losing like THIS is ridiculous

That's the difference in opponents from then vs. now. The opponents aren't necessarily going to get much stronger save the main villains, but they're going to be menaces to the SHs and the Worst Generation. They won't be more focused on wedding cakes or carrying islands; Kizaru, BB and Shanks will just skip straight to taking them out.
Post automatically merged:

I didn't even think of that
:crazwhat:
That's cool ngl
Im telling you there’s nothing shanks can’t do he can probably just casually fly

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
Right? Giving those 3 equal bounties actually pissed me off lol. So forced.

Oda definitely did it so he can say Shanks 1 shot a 3 billion guy too, sigh. Blackbeard is on 3.3 billion now I think and Mihawk on 3.9? What you trying to say here Oda? Lmao.

100% too lmfaooo, the biggest casualty here is definitely the sanity and hopes of us Kidd fans, although I'm already crazy/used to it, so it's affecting me a lot less too!

:joker::risiup::saden::shame::pepebuggy:

I genuinely worry for the other Kidd fans especially Pantheos, Reference, Reggie, LukeG etc. This has understandingly broken and upset them but after seeing Sanji get shat on for MANY years, this is nothing new for me. Same shit, different character lol.

I'll wait to see where Oda goes with this before I truly snap or not, before I might break as well lmfao.
No yeah you're totally right here lmfao, that 3Bil thing is definitely done on purpose and it's REALLY stupid, its building up false equivalencies between different characters for the sake of hype and it sucks. At this point Oda did that for the sake of Shanks hype and tbf it's working, he gets a literal double page of shanks turning kidd into space dust for hype. And while hilarious, it's gonna come at the cost of a lot of goodwill from some fans.

All of what you said doesn’t change the fact that building up a character for the purpose of using that character to make another character look cool is cheap and lazy writing lol.

Why would Luffy and Sanji fans give up? Not only have neither of them ever taken an L this hard, but they are also the MCs. Of course they will bounce back. Kidd already got this treatment with Kaido when he got whooped thrown into prison and had his RHM fed a SMILE fruit

Constantly dunking on a character is just repetitive nonsense and it’s not building anything. No one thought he would win, but losing like THIS is ridiculous
Have faith in kid
He's not gonna beat shanks but hes definitely not done
:cabbagestar:

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
Shanks didnt need anything to hype him up, this is a waste of a character to hype another character that doesnt need it.
Don't get me wrong I agree, but arguably it's not just about hype here (although obvious Oda will always hype shanks when he can). But think about this too, we keep getting hammered with "Haki trumps everything" and Shanks LITERALLY just Haki'd Kidd to death, Kidd being obviously portrayed with little to no haki usage and over-relying on his DF and brute strength. So I think it's both hype and to showcase the pinnacle of haki (again) for the sake of the story, and Kidd was the most convenient for that use :kayneshrug:

Welp that's just how it is man:kayneshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.